Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Games > Console Games

Old 20-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Staff Member

Good to hear some positive feedback, thanks for the information Forge. I've been considering getting this game, but I didn't know if it would play well. The reviewers over at IGN and such are always totally biased and shouldn't even be listened to, so I prefer an opinion from places like this.

I really liked Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Sonic Heroes wasn't bad either. The only complaints I have about Sonic Adventure go along the lines of Amy and Big (Curse them and their disturbing missions!), so I believe I'm going to enjoy Shadow the Hedgehog quite thoroughly. Too bad I won't be seeing a copy of it until at least Christmas.
Old 20-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Expert Hunter

Just out of curiosity, what are the negative aspects of the game?
Does it mantain the tradition of having moronic camera movement at crucial times? Does it have pointless childish chat like Sonic Heroes did?

Blue Burst Characters
Thesord HUcast lv. 152 Redria
Old 21-11-2005, 10:46 AM
Master Hunter

Location: Somewhere were i can see this... otherwise i wouldn't be here.
Send a message via MSN to adrina_kellers
It's been given a 12+ Rating so i doubt the childless chat... Don't know about the camera though.
Previous threats of electrocution, being made to listen to Will
Young and being hung from the floodlights have
failed to discourage all the smokers.

If Cardiff players had to stand and pay respects to an English national anthem, would they? I don't think so.
But Arsenal players manage to do it.
Old 21-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Master Hunter

You do have Shadow saying 'Damn' a lot, and the conversation is minimal and all story based. The camera is still a bit dodgy, especially in Cosmic Falls, one of the sixth stages, but is still controlled with the C-Stick. You can also lock camera with the R-Button, so it's not terrible.

The major drawback is its length. I've already completed two of the story arcs, out of a possible ten endings. However, I'm sure that there is something to unlock in the vein of most recent Sonic games.

I've not seen Hyper Shadow yet, but I expect to see him at some point. There must be some extenstion as the two endings I have seen differ greatly, and there has to be something to keep up series continuity.

The negative aspects can easily be looked over though. The storyline is very good, and the play quality is up to scratch. Sonic fans are used to the iffy camera, and there is enough replay value to make the short length seem unimportant.
Old 21-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Staff Member

Technically all the 3d Sonic games have been very short. You just had to redo stages many times to earn the best rank. Those A Ranks can be tough on some stages back in Sonic Heroes and Sonic Adventure 2 - Battle.
Old 23-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Adept Hunter

Well, I'm getting it. I, just like Pink and probably more of you, don't trust the reviews too much at IGN or Gamespot. I've been a sonic fan since I was like 6, so I would've probably gotten it anyway, but this makes it 100%
Shan Tas FOnewmeral 24
Looking for: Red Saber or Lavis Cannon (whatever I find first)
Old 25-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Star Raider

I got it, and I can honestly say that it's AMAZING!! It's not as good as Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, naturally (is it even possible?!) but it's still a great game. I've completed 2 stories, and am in the middle of a third. Just get it, you'll love it!

Oh yeah, one thing I remembered about this game which is TRAGIC is the voice for Vector. In Heroes he sounded all gruff, you know, like a crocodile (if they could speak), but now he sounds like Kermit the frog! I've COMPLETELY gone off Vector now, forever. Nice one, voice actor!
Old 25-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Staff Member

Beware! I've heard that this game can randomly lock-up! In fact... it can lock up EXACTLY like PSO's famous Frozen Screen of Death! With the buzzing and everything! Way to go Sonic Team.
Old 25-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Star Raider

Actually I've already experienced this twice, it's true. However, it's not that bad, since it autosaves after every level.
Old 26-11-2005, 02:25 AM
Master Hunter

Send a message via AIM to masterofchaos
Hey people that own/played the game how good is it I like sonic battle 2 for the gamecube but did not like heroes so tell me whzat you think of it.