Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Banter > General Chat

Old 03-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Knight

use adaware, spybot or xoft (whatever the hell its called lol). I havent used xoft yet though as adaware and spybot do me just fine for now . and if the program u used has found that many either a) u gotta format ur drive (or write 0's) b) the program u have is pooched and telling a lie.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Legendary Champion

Send a message via MSN to jarl
well im trying again... kinda hoping the proogram i have is adding a few in to look good
Old 03-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Knight

Look if I were you, I'd do the following.

Back up onto CDs any and all important files, documents and programs. If you have paid for programs with serial numbers be sure to get those as well.

Open the command prompt.

Format C:

Then reinstall your old programs and get the anti virus and spyware stuff. Oh and switch to firefox. Safer Web browser then IE.

You could also try a system restore if you know when the problems first began.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:16 PM
Legendary Champion

about a year ago lol. ive tried another couple, they;re slower and so i gave up BUT it found over 2000 on a simple scan and about 85% complete, so i dont think its lying. i DO think my comp is screwed . ok, ran it again, did exactly the same exceppt its 2511 this time. im taking that as a good sign theres a file thats in there, and it was last modified on the 13th of august. im having a look at history (i was away so i just need to check my mums) to see if anyone whent on on the 13th. my mum DID go on on the 13th, but that was when she was turning on the computer. im not expert, but if something starts working when you turn on the computer and is registered as a 'high threat', then its probably not good.

ok, this program REALLY doesnt like auto update. why is this?

ive killed a few cookies now, ands turned off all my anti-popup stuff so ill see what happens.

Last edited by jarl; 03-09-2005 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legato2471
Look if I were you, I'd do the following.

Back up onto CDs any and all important files, documents and programs. If you have paid for programs with serial numbers be sure to get those as well.

Open the command prompt.

Format C:

Then reinstall your old programs and get the anti virus and spyware stuff. Oh and switch to firefox. Safer Web browser then IE.

You could also try a system restore if you know when the problems first began.
Really for here, I suggest u only back up when ur computer is clean of all viruses and ads. especially the amount he has. My computer had a virus on it, and the virus burnt itself to the disc i was burning as back up files. If u back up ur comp now. Some of those ads will have a run program to infect any of those files and then infect the computer again if formatted. there are some smart people out there . but not to smart, I take care of my baby computers they are so clean, so perfect, so smooth running . I wub em.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Legendary Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKMATTER
I take care of my baby computers they are so clean, so perfect, so smooth running . I wub em.
o dear... ok, ill talk to my dad and see what he says. he may just say back up everything you need and lets wipe, or he may buy the stuff. dunno. cheers.

lol, he says hes not doing it tonight cos hes too tired i ahve taken off a good chunk of them though (400) by uninstalling a dodgy program, so now theres only 2100 i've also set my security thing up high like legato said (thx) so hopefully () i'll be ok.

Last edited by jarl; 03-09-2005 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:34 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via MSN to Serpent7
Hey Jarl, I never intended for you to pay, normally you can remove it all manually, but you've way too many to do so.

It's not finding Windows' Autoupdate, it's finding autoupdates for the various viruses you have on your PC. Also, I suggest you don't type in any passwords that are the same for anything where an attacker could get money. I.e. Ragol should be fine, but no logging into banks etc. You should not have ANY anti-popup programs, they just block ads except their own, and are unsafe. If you have Service Pack 2 installed, you should have a built-in blocker anyway.

What you've been hit by is, in my opinion, the worst spyware on the internet. It downloads so many variants, trojans, spyware programs, cookies, virii that you'll obviously have a huge list of 'em. I was hit by it too, a while ago. What you have to understand is that a lot of the entries in the scan are linked, and so removing the core processes will kill the rest. If you want to add me on MSN so we can talk it through, go ahead; serpent_7@hotmail.com

Also, in the short-term, I'm presuming you have XP, so go to Start/Run and type regedit, click okay. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run. There is a list of most processes that start when you turn on your computer. Delete any that you think may be dangerous. Of course, you need to be sure before you delete, because a few are system processes.

Next, download SpywareGuard ( http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html ), which is free. This is real-time protection, to stop spyware if it can.

Finally, download HijackThis ( http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html ), save it, don't run from download, and post the report here.

No need to format.

Last edited by Serpent7; 03-09-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Legendary Champion

i've added you, im jarlly@msn.com but you wont accept m *sob anyway, i've done most of what you said but we REALLY need to talk on msn, so if some random loosers just added you, let him through
Old 04-09-2005, 12:44 AM
Expert Hunter

Late reply, I know..
I've read a few of the replies, and I can only recommend that you install Ad Aware (from Lavasoft) and run a full scan. If possible, scan with Norton or Panda (which unfortunately isn't free). Also another advice, dump IE if you can and switch to Firefox. Looking at the topic title, I believe the author isn't acustomed to deleting malicious data through regestry editing, so I definetly recommend formating if what was already suggested doesn't work, and then on a new install use the recommended software.

Blue Burst Characters
Thesord HUcast lv. 152 Redria
Old 04-09-2005, 09:34 AM
Legendary Champion

ok, ive done that stuff you said, and ive got the hijack this log thing to give to you. i've also set my cookie protection thingy higher, so hopefully that'll do something.