Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Phantasy Star > Phantasy Star Online

Old 03-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Legendary Champion

Send a message via MSN to jarl
melee fonewearl?

ok, it must be possible as i just tried for a second and it worked (ish) but im just wondering, has anyone tried this before/have any good idea's for weapons to use? i was thinking of a DB saber perhaps with hit, though a gladius would probs. be just as good.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Master Hunter

double saber...

soul eater...

can they use red saber?

inferno bazooka?

i didnt think hit on weps should be a major problem because fomars have lower ata and i didnt have much trouble hitting with no hit >.>.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Virtuoso

Hmm...Ep 1&2 weapons for a melee Fonewearl.....
well, id say that a plantain huge fan would be good(but your not online are you?)

Maybe you could pipe a Angel Harp with your ranger.(with hit of course.)
well for a bluefull, it may be a good investment to find a Holy Ray with Hit %.

I dunno really, if it was BB then youd just get a Vivienne and then youd be set(at least for decent meleeing XD)

@ MArioVet
Even on Ultimate? Youll be wanting every single bit of ATA you have to hit on Ult(esp the harder areas)
Old 03-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Tsorovan M'Hael

Send a message via Yahoo to Teh EkwEE
Melee FOney.....*dies of laughing* Wow, I thought you were serious.....Oh wait, you were....*laughs harder and has an anurism*
Old 03-01-2006, 09:06 PM
ZEEKY BOOGY DOOG

Send a message via AIM to whiteninja
If you use God/Power, Foney's can use a Red Saber... You will probably want all your weapons with hit%... basically the same gear as a Fomar would use...

Rainbow Baton (easy 50% hit)
Plantain Huge Fan
Red Saber
Inferno Bazooka
Double Saber
Holy Ray (hit not neccessary)
Demon's Raygun (I saw a Foney that had one with 95% hit )

I think you can max ATP with 2 God/Powers... but still, it is not alot... Good luck.

Though, the Demon's Raygun would be infinitely useful in places like the Control Tower where enemies have 3000+ HP and you do maybe 450 damage per simple tech. (550 with good boosts)
Old 03-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Legendary Champion

kk:

v4 Guide [still useful for v3]

Proper Usage

While many fools scoff at the idea of a FOnewearl meleeing, it is most definitely not impossible. First of all you have to understand that the top priority for you is to support. Shifta and deband are a must. As much as possible, try to keep them on S/D. Also, keep all enemies on jellen and zalure. That will reduce the damage dealt to your teammates and make enemies more vulnerable to attacks. Also, Resta is key. As much as possible, try to keep everyone fully healed. Resta merge on FOnewearls gives you an awesome Resta range.

After you're sure everyone's ok, that's when you can melee. With level 30 shifta and zalure, you will be dealing decent amounts of damage. Vivienne and Charge/Spirit/Berserk weapons are recommended. Since FOnewearls have more ATA then other forces, they can utilize special attacks more efficiently. v501 + Bringer's Rifle is a deadly combination since newmans get a boost to demon's specials.

Ok here you go. This plan will max your atp and ata at level 120 and your def around 125, as well as your evasion at level 200.

Mat usage
- 52 evade
- 23 luck
- 75 def

Mag
- 10/85/105/0
- 15/0/0/185 if you feel like using offensive techs

Units
- v101
- Centurion/Abilty
- God/HP or v501
- Heavenly/Arms

Recommended Weapons
- Vivienne / Double Saber 50+ hit
- Slicer of Fanatic / Rainbow Baton 50+ hit / Diska of Braveman 50+ hit
- M&A 60 Vise 50+ hit / Charge Vulcans 50+ hit
- Madam's Umbrella / Madam's Parasol
- Bringer's Rifle / Angel Harp / Holy Ray

Recommended Armors
- Sweetheart (boosts Vivienne, Angel Harp, and your ATP around males)
- Lieutenant Mantle (decent stats and trap vision)
- Aura Field (best def)

Recommended Sheilds
- Safety Heart (if you're lucky enough to have this)
- Rupika (very nice stats and boosts shifta)
- Resta Merge (your team will love you for this)

Nuking isn't a good idea if you want to do a lot of damage, though Mind mags are good because they boost Resta. I'd not give her any more ATP than she needs to use SoF, and not waste any points on DFP/LCK at all. Preferably not too much in ATA either, because of V501. Fell free to replace units Zael listed, Stat units are kind of overrated... What's wrong with Heavenly/Battle + V501 + V801?.

Vivienne, Double Saber, Parasol, Angel Harp, and Holy Ray will not help much at all. Umbrella, Diska of Braveman, M&A60 Vise and Charge Vulcans would be okay, if only FOnewearl's ATP wasn't absolutely horrible compared to any other class's. Just have them Berserk for you; you won't get bored because of your Resta-job, and the monsters will die a lot more quickly (less hits and higher damage per hit means less damage cancel). I like SoF and Rainbow though; even though instead of confusing enemies I usually ended up acting as bait for the monsters instead, in order to gain PB while distracting all the enemies. Let's also remember this guide is quite old, so Commander Blade wasn't popular yet in terms of being selected as a weapon for any character (it's still not out now), however, it's 1337 support specials will help the team [imagine a God/Ability on every character] and yourself, Trap Vision = no Lieutenant Field. It will also help if you have enough ATA for the area to actually use it.

Everything in red font has been questioned by Tycho, who is smarter than Zael. Everything in sky blue are side-notes from me. White writing is mostly Tycho [bottom] and is Zael's at the top.

Safety Heart is a horrible FO shield. XP
Its stats are fine, but it just doesn't have any abilities that could make it worth it. By the time you can wear this you won't need the DFP anymore.

The reason Zael probably didn't suggest Demon's Raygun is that V501 doesn't effect extra accuracy in common weapon's specials. However, Demon's Raygun with 50 hit is better than Bringer's Rifle + V501, however, you will be using V501 for other weapons; this makes Demon' Raygun almost useless.

Tycho wrote most of the critism, Zael wrote the guide.

Last edited by A.S.; 03-01-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Tsorovan M'Hael

Send a message via Yahoo to Teh EkwEE
Yeah, but Safety Heart further boosts the power of the Love armor thing, which will in turn, make the whole set with a Vivenne quite nice. I'm sure they COULD melee with some of the things Ep4 has given FO's. However, Ep4 Ult *when it's released*, with a melee FOney? Yeah, right........
Old 03-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Legendary Champion

lol,i just asked because i realised i was hitting 75 with s/d/j/z on, so if i had a mag orientated towards that kind of thing i wouldn't be doing at all badly! the problem is, she has 233 atp... need mag!
Old 03-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Master Hunter

fonewearls potential is amazing o.o; i saw one with a viv using lvl 30 s/d j/z and she was hurting a dorphon (ep.4) like 450! surely she hax.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Legendary Champion

dorphon? isn't he a quest dude?