PDA

View Full Version : snow day snow day snow day!!!!!!!!!

Shade
03-03-2005, 12:50 PM
I hate to make anyone still at school feel left out but due to the area where I live being basically shut off due to snow... NO SCHOOL!!!!!!

Judgment
03-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Yeah same here ^_^. Only problem is i dont go to school no maore lol. Ah well i still like snow ^_^

God-IX
03-03-2005, 01:12 PM
err...my school sux, even if we get like 4inches of snow we still dont get out...err that sux

Dark Knight
03-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Yes that is true GOD-IX

Shade
03-03-2005, 01:15 PM
hahaha... on monday almost everything around my school was closed... but we still wentin...
our school went insane when we were told it was closing early...

God-IX
03-03-2005, 01:16 PM
hmm..interesting, we had lots of snow, but our assistant principal is gay and we had to go to school...snow is great but snow more!!

zero132132
03-03-2005, 02:05 PM
I envy you. However, two years ago we had 3 days off in a row from snow. Something like 18 inches of snow!!! Haven't had one since though.

Oh and as to whether or not we go to school with 4 inches of snow... let's just say 7 1/2 is considered for a delay.

Grave_Guardian
03-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Ya I have had three days off before as well. We also recently had the roads wash out, well last year, and I got three days off for that as well.

God-IX
03-03-2005, 02:15 PM
7 1/2 inches...do you live in the air? although maybe the same for my school..

Smutchings
03-03-2005, 02:34 PM
i was off school on monday, but there was no snow. finished early yesterday, due to a blizzard, was nit at school last wednesday because of snow, and off today due to school

Nicktendonick
03-03-2005, 02:36 PM
You guys are so lucky. I use to live in New York, snow days were so much fun, I loved the snow so much. But now that I live in the south, it never snows at all. It just gets really cold (never enough for snow but enough to give you a cold). I still remember how much fun it was playing all day outside, then coming back inside for hot coco; man I miss New York.

God-IX
03-03-2005, 02:38 PM
All the storms miss where i am, we get a little snow, enough for us to go to school, but close to where we ALMOST get out...

Lee-yoshi
03-03-2005, 03:14 PM
*Sniff* Any snow we dont get, doesnt settle anyway *sniff* i hate you all *sniff* stop rubbing it in :(

*Goes away crying*

Shadamoo
03-03-2005, 03:54 PM
Well, it snowed from 7am yesterday morning till 10pm last night! So I didnt go to school.
Meaning I get more PSO playing, and more time to finish a ICT project :D

Double Edge
03-03-2005, 03:54 PM
Cool. Up here in Canada I have Teacher's Convention for today and tomorrow - no school! 4 day weekend!

DARKMATTER
03-03-2005, 04:01 PM
I like to know why the UK envy snow so much. I mean its cold, its unpleasent, and can be used as projectiles to hurt others. I mean I hate it, And I get it like 5 to 6 months a year which really blows.

Shadamoo
03-03-2005, 04:04 PM
In the UK we are lucky if we get 2 or 3 days worth of snow.

Double Edge
03-03-2005, 04:06 PM
..and can be used as projectiles to hurt others. I mean I hate it..

And I get it like 5 to 6 months a year which really blows.

Projectiles to hurt others. That's why I love snow so much. teehee.

I get about 2 - 4 months of snow/year. Although, much of it is either melting snow (Spring) or nothing but falling snow (Winter).

Zer0
03-03-2005, 04:15 PM
No snow..... Nope.... not at all... IT FALLS AND DOESNT STICK! argg~! I want to live at a place where theres LOTS OF SNOW!

*runs and joins Lee-Yoshi*

Judgment
03-03-2005, 04:30 PM
Snow freakin rules. I mean you cant make rain balls or sun men can ya

Grave_Guardian
03-03-2005, 04:34 PM
You will have to excuse Darkmatter, he doesn't get out much, literally :P Mabye if he did things out in the snow, or actually dressed for the cold. Right now I'd say we have about... *looks outside* 2 feet of snow, and it's been melting lately so ya we had a lot mor ethen that. Lee don't cry, move to Canada.

God-IX
03-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Canadians are great...err, well where their country is located :) i want more snow!!..hmm i'm moving to canada..Lee and others join me for the snowcovered land!!!

then in summer im moving back..

tomnash
03-03-2005, 05:58 PM
last year our heater broke the day before my birthday because of snow and we got about a week off

zero132132
03-03-2005, 08:15 PM
I live in Colorado and the superintendent sucks (hes the one who makes the decision whether or not there is a delay or snow day). I also happen to live in a district where the school goes for a week longer than is federally mandated. Again the superintendent sucks. But I guess it evens out, we happen to be a nationally recognized school in so many areas. Cherry Creek School District.

Judgment
03-03-2005, 08:23 PM
last year our heater broke the day before my birthday because of snow and we got about a week off
Nice present ^_^

whiteninja
03-03-2005, 09:29 PM
i love snow. around Washington D.C. our schools will close if there's only a forecast of snow. it's so cool.

*laughs at Lee-yoshi, gets banned, now i won't have anything to do on all my snow days*

Sd28
03-03-2005, 11:21 PM
I like to know why the UK envy snow so much. I mean its cold, its unpleasent, and can be used as projectiles to hurt others. I mean I hate it, And I get it like 5 to 6 months a year which really blows.

i maybe a uk resident but i know snow equals fun.

and cold projectiles rule hmm is there such thing as a snow zooka :D

Lee-yoshi
03-03-2005, 11:28 PM
WHATS FUN ABOUT SNOW?!

Snow freaking R00ls! I love snow, all the fun, all the laughs, all the filming cars crashing over icy puddles... err... not that ive done that last one (yet ;)).

Think of it like this... if its sun, boiling everything, you get unhappy, and sun doesnt create anything as an alternative. When its cold however and everyone freezing their asses off, the alternative is SNOW, so you could go sledging or something... blimey when was the last time i did that, seriously, i'd have to break open the black and white photo album :S Good days, where did they go *sigh* *cries some more*

Grave_Guardian
04-03-2005, 12:00 AM
See Darkmatter you are one of the VERY few who do not like snow. *Shoves Darkmatters head into a snow bank.* Maha. *Grave hops on his snowmachine and takes off.*

Mirinee
04-03-2005, 10:30 AM
*Sniff* Any snow we dont get, doesnt settle anyway *sniff* i hate you all *sniff* stop rubbing it in :(*Goes away crying* You're right. The snow we got this morning is already beginning to melt away. The whole reason we like snow could be because that it never lasts for long. It'd be fun to get new snow every week throughout the whole winter... if we didn't need to commute. :)

Shade
04-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Today it is snowing worse than yesterday... but we are in SCHOOL!!!!!!!
Have these teachers NO SENSE!!!!!

Poo Fly
04-03-2005, 10:45 AM
it's not snowed near me in such a long time that i'm beginning to forget what it looks like :P

Shade
04-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Ah... so you get that clear dry snow that I have heard of... lol

Poo Fly
04-03-2005, 10:50 AM
nope we get alot of the wet unfrozen snow people like to called rain :S

Shade
04-03-2005, 11:55 AM
My school hasjust closed and I am now at a friends house trying to check train times to get home...
Why did we bother to go in today..?

God-IX
04-03-2005, 12:29 PM
hmm...i just ride a bus to school..when it doesn't snow. Train times?

Shade
04-03-2005, 12:56 PM
I am trying to GET HOME... and the trains are delayed by about an hour or two

Sesshomaru
04-03-2005, 02:46 PM
wow, I actually forgot that there are people out there that don't have snow. WE HAVE LOTS OF IT YIPPPEEEEEE *runs outside and jumps in snow bank, sinking quickly to his head in snow* It only sucks when your trying to clear off an outdoor rink to play hockey when it just doesn't stop snowing.

God-IX
04-03-2005, 02:48 PM
snow is bad...i hate snow...err...I want a LOT of snow...so i don't go to school...or a tornado would be nice, but snow is better casue i get stuck in my house for days...I HATE SNOW

zero132132
04-03-2005, 08:26 PM
You seem to have a lot of mixed feelings about snow. I LOVE SNOW!!!

Huzzah for skiing and snowboarding!

God-IX
07-03-2005, 02:03 PM
ahh...snowboarding is fun, i have never skied..hmm maybe i should try, probably be another excuse to hate snow...

Grave_Guardian
07-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Maha I just came in from shoviling the steps, and looked out 20minutes later and looked like I did nothing. We, and in Sesshomaru, Darkmatter and I, are in the middle of a BIG snowstorm. Sesshomaru I don't know if it is the same there but damn, I think Darkmatter and I have got around *Runs and looks outside* :S thats way more then this moring, I think around 6inchs of snow :P :D ;) :cool: . All buses are cancelled, I am not driving in this crap anyway to college even if I wasn't on March brake (W00T). Hell even the log trucks are taking their sweete time and normally they drive like bats outa hell. Darkmatter I hope you are suffering trapped in that house of yours were I can go snowmobiling maha. But first I must shovel the driveway again as my dad plows, we have big driveway. But as a final note to all those who don't get, or don't get very much :P jk.

EDIT: Just came back in from shovilin again, and ah ya, it is now up to a foot of snow. I will keep updating.