PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia

Gotien
11-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Insomnia, loud noises to keep you from sleeping.. hour 33, I'm tired as fu*k. Anyone felt like this?

Kisanzi
12-01-2005, 09:32 AM
I can sympathize with you. I'm still trying to break my own case of insomnia...c'mon look at the time on this post. But with me it's not so much sounds as it is physical things. Like if I leave my monitor in standby, I swear that I can see the freaking LED flashing even with my back turned and eyes closed. As a remedy to this I've started waking up earlier. So if I get up at like 8 or 9 AM, then by the time I get home from work and get a little playtime in, I SHOULD be tired. But as you can see, it looks like my body won't let me sleep either way. If anyone has a household remedy that doesn't involve drinking alot of cough syrup or a baseball bat then please us know...

Gotien
12-01-2005, 10:31 AM
...well over 50 hours now.. I just can't gain the will to go to sleep. Every time I try to go to sleep I think, "it's just a waste of time.."

DarkMagician
12-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Sounds as bad as mine. Before, I slept 8 hours. Then 4 hours. Now I just lie awake all night, bored to death.

My record currently, 67 Hours.

Damn I am good, hahaha!

gotien, try a sedative...

Gotien
12-01-2005, 11:20 AM
No... no sedatives... (one hour later currently) I'm still up. :D I think I'll just look at the bright side, at least I'm entertained :D

Judgment
12-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Yep suffer from it every night. Usaly onlt get 3 hours sleep per day at most

Sroths
12-01-2005, 05:56 PM
why dont you drink a relax tea or something like that?, I had that kind of insomnia weeks and the tea was very useful

Kal
13-01-2005, 03:30 AM
Insomnia, loud noises to keep you from sleeping.. hour 33, I'm tired as fu*k. Anyone felt like this?
Every DAMN DAY! that's way i sleep in class :P or on weekends till about 4 or 5 in the afternoon.

Gotien
13-01-2005, 08:46 AM
Lol, well I got 8 hours of sleep so I'm good for the next week :D

Grave_Guardian
13-01-2005, 02:25 PM
Heres what I do. I take a good thik book of the shelf. It has to be a good hard cover book for this to work. Know take the book raise it above your over your shouldrs and hit yourself as hard as u frigin can on the top of head. It works for anyway.

Gotien
13-01-2005, 02:33 PM
And after a few tries you have low enough intelligence to think, "2+3=chair"! So yea, sleep is a waste. Once again I am up all night :D

Sesshomaru
13-01-2005, 07:14 PM
why dont you drink a relax tea or something like that?, I had that kind of insomnia weeks and the tea was very useful
lol.....that really doesn't work all too well, I stay up much longer after i drink tea. hmmmmmm...........how the h*ll can you stay up for over 68 hours DM. I could only last about 38 hours. Then i fall asleep. But for frig sakes gotien, the best way I find to actually fall asleep, is doing something that will get you completely exhausted like for example doing strenous work, sports.

Serpent7
13-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Insomnia is funny. I took off my glasses and kept seeing the frames all the time around my vision.

Sesshomaru
13-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Insomnia is funny. I took off my glasses and kept seeing the frames all the time around my vision.
lmao.........now thats funny..........lol......but still, I don't get how you people just can't sleep. I'll admit that i do have problems sleeping but only on a small scale, like i have to lay in bed for about an hour even before coming close to falling asleep.

Gotien
14-01-2005, 02:55 AM
It's not so much I can't sleep... It's that my reason lacks the understanding behind it. I can't see how I truely helps when you are making yourself helpless for 4+ hours each day. Either way strenuous activity doesn't work, I'm training for the Marines whenever my body is ready to work and I still don't sleep much. Maybe the topic should be, "Overworked and Underslept"

DarkMagician
14-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Heres what I do. I take a good thik book of the shelf. It has to be a good hard cover book for this to work. Know take the book raise it above your over your shouldrs and hit yourself as hard as u frigin can on the top of head. It works for anyway.

I tried this with my encyclopedia. 1000+ pages...

It didn't knock me out though...hurt slightly, and I dented the hardback of the book....otherwise nothing...

Kal
18-01-2005, 02:54 AM
You should try letting areally boring person talk monotone to you for about an hour(to minites with my algebra techer) that oughta put u out, and as for why sleep? why not, i sleep when i don't wanna be awake.

whiteninja
18-01-2005, 04:27 AM
i usually can't fall alseep for about two hours after going to bed. that's becuase i'm usually thinking about pso, though. :P

Sheik
18-01-2005, 06:42 AM
I never have any problems. I have such a high tolerance to caffeine, I stay up 'til about 3:00 AM, and I sleep 'til about noon every day so as you can see I sleep too much.

Sesshomaru
18-01-2005, 02:13 PM
It's not so much I can't sleep... It's that my reason lacks the understanding behind it. I can't see how I truely helps when you are making yourself helpless for 4+ hours each day. Either way strenuous activity doesn't work, I'm training for the Marines whenever my body is ready to work and I still don't sleep much. Maybe the topic should be, "Overworked and Underslept"
i do see your point about sleeping. I always wondered why its so important to go to sleep at night. I find its just a huge waste of time. Just think about what you could be doing for that 4+ hours that some people sleep.

Kal
19-01-2005, 03:15 AM
But u can die from lack of sleep u know. that would suck! when i die it's gonna be wide awake that's why i sleep as much as i can.

Judgment
19-01-2005, 05:01 PM
I sleep as little as i can. Sleep = Boring Awake = Fun

Serpent7
19-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Sleep is essential, it's not a good idea to stay awake for more than 24 hours at isolated times.

Shadamoo
19-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Well, Ive never had insomnia. Ive had strange nights where I go to sleep, wake up 5 minutes later, go to sleep, wake up 10 minutes later etc. But that was because I had an illness.

By the way, Insomnia is a great album by Green Day :P

Grave_Guardian
20-01-2005, 12:16 AM
Well, Ive never had insomnia. Ive had strange nights where I go to sleep, wake up 5 minutes later, go to sleep, wake up 10 minutes later etc. But that was because I had an illness.

By the way, Insomnia is a great album by Green Day :P

I have those types of nights to. I may have a bad night if my father puts to much wood in our stove before he goes to bed making the houde way to hot. Has anyone ever walk in their sleep before. I have I woke up in the living room with the remote in my hand, very creepy.

Deadly Zero
20-01-2005, 03:34 AM
over christmas vacation i stayed up three days for some strange reason i couldnt go to sleep. i was really bored but then i took some nyquils and slept the entire day. weird isnt it? PS i had PSO running over 40 hours

Zer0
20-01-2005, 06:31 AM
I lly there... nothing to do... on the bed.... bored or oracle of ages... read 850 pages

DarkMagician
20-01-2005, 10:10 AM
I say it again: Only the weak need sleep!

Judgment
20-01-2005, 04:25 PM
I have those types of nights to. I may have a bad night if my father puts to much wood in our stove before he goes to bed making the houde way to hot. Has anyone ever walk in their sleep before. I have I woke up in the living room with the remote in my hand, very creepy.
I use to sleepwalk but i dont anymore. I remember cos i scared the bajesus out of my brother on more than one ocasion ^^

bomber5000uk
20-01-2005, 04:34 PM
if u dont sleep when ya gona get ur dir*y dreams?
and what about the inspiring dreams all artists get or dreams of anecdotes huh? quote of the week:
" inspired dreams:
Live as if you where to die tommorow...
Learn as if you were to live foreve"
Mahatma Gandhi :alien:

Sesshomaru
20-01-2005, 05:48 PM
if u dont sleep when ya gona get ur dir*y dreams?
and what about the inspiring dreams all artists get or dreams of anecdotes huh? quote of the week:
" inspired dreams:
Live as if you where to die tommorow...
Learn as if you were to live foreve"
Mahatma Gandhi :alien:
day dreaming works.....heh heh, the quote truely means live each day to the fullest and learn everything that you can. for those of you who don't understand what some people mean.

Danny
20-01-2005, 06:40 PM
i dont think i have insomnia, i just drink a glass of irn bru like, everyday, and i cant get to sleep.

try reading a book. recommended without glasses or contacs ;)

stop if you have read 200. then put u glasses on :S :P :S

DarkMagician
20-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Lack of sleep can kill? I doubt it. Regardless I have gone beyond the point of death, what matters such a thing to an immortal? The undead cannot die again!

Kenshin110
20-01-2005, 11:29 PM
insomnia huh???

i think i have that some nights i never sleep just lie awake

but i enjoy sleeping becuase it feels good to not have any worries or things like that......

Serpent7
21-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Lack of sleep makes Cornflakes taste funny. That's a fact.

Well, actually, the Cornflakes taste the same, you just think they taste funny. Your brain isn't functioning properly.

Kashima
25-01-2005, 04:37 AM
strange remedy i have when im hit with bouts of insomnia it ususally happens to me during the summer months i either ((A)) get my hair braided the process of it is sheer torture on a small scale imagine have your hair pulled strand by strand and tied in place and the process normally takes an hour longer now that my hair is longer or ((B)) i let someone comb it out and then blowdry it i dont know why but it always makes me sleepy and content even when im wide awake and sleep isnt for the weak its for the wise even the gods need rest and were all but mere mortals.....