PDA

View Full Version : Avatar help

Teh EkwEE
13-12-2004, 09:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows how I can mod my existing avatar(from which I got off the site) offline then post it as my custom avatar using the custom avatar option on the user CP. Sorry if this is in the wrong fourm but I thought this might be suitable in the Lobby. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Grave_Guardian
13-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Find a pic that u like. Save it in your comp (I put mine on my desktop till I am done makes it easer to find later.) Go to the Edit avatar screen click the use custom avatar button. Hit browse button and find the file on your comp. Once you have it hit uplaod. Save changes and it should work.

Teh EkwEE
13-12-2004, 10:46 PM
I changed my avatar but the background that was supposed to be white is blue??? Any tips on how to fix that.:S

Mirinee
13-12-2004, 10:55 PM
It's the Dragon's fang! :D

Er, just save it as a bitmap.

Open the picture in Paint (where the background should be white), then go to
file menu, save as,
Give a file name, and
Save as type: 24-bit Bitmap
will do.

Now, upload the new picture.

Teh EkwEE
13-12-2004, 11:01 PM
It won't allow to save a bitmap then post it on the site, already tried. By the way Mirinee did you read the PM I sent you.

Mirinee
13-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Yes, I have read your PM.

It's white because it thinks the background is transparent.
Saving it as .png is actually a bad example, because, like .gif, it supports background transparencies.

You could either keep the .gif, but disable background transparencies, or manually colour the background in a different shade of white. Or, just use this: