PDA

View Full Version : My homework is too difficult for me!

Mirinee
02-12-2004, 06:03 PM
This thread is purely spam.
*Spends all day working*
*Complains about how confusing linear algebra is*
*Feels better temporarily*
*Still can't do it*
*Hopelessness*
Linear algebra. :@
:'( The animated crying snowman looks so sad!

Grave_Guardian
02-12-2004, 06:21 PM
Please tell me what the hell your talking about. I can't understand what you are trying to say. :S

I don't meen to sound rude. :)

decswxaqz
02-12-2004, 06:33 PM
I did A-lvl Maths. Granted didin't get a good mark but I might be able to help you :).

Mirinee
02-12-2004, 07:49 PM
Nah, wasn't really trying to say anything. I just thought that it'd make me feel better just posting here, in "the void".

The stuff I get right now is supposed to be just leading on from A-level, which was difficult enough. The 4 fundamental subspaces of matrices, anyone? :'( (I blame the confusing lectures...). I better not waste your time by asking for homework help--this is a PSO forum after all :D.
Thanks so very much for offering, decswxaqz.

I think if I stare at my notes harder, the answer might come. *Is determined*.

zero132132
02-12-2004, 08:06 PM
If you are staring and blood is not forming on your forehead then you are not trying hard enough.

Try harder. :P

Mirinee
02-12-2004, 10:23 PM
*Mind strength at all time low*
*Stares and stares*
*TP depletes*
*Blood*
*HP depletes*
*Dies*
Would you like to go back to Pioneer 2?
Yes!
*Goes to play PSO* :D

decswxaqz
03-12-2004, 09:04 AM
It is in the void so you can ask for help if you want :)
Your doing a degree? And I wouldn't be able to help o_O. Never heard of it. Although I could put you in touch with a smart ass friend who does degree level Maths.

Ria
03-12-2004, 09:55 AM
It is in the void so you can ask for help if you want :)
Your doing a degree? And I wouldn't be able to help o_O. Never heard of it. Although I could put you in touch with a smart ass friend who does degree level Maths.

Math hurts my brain :S

Lee-yoshi
03-12-2004, 03:39 PM
I did A-Level maths! Well AS level... then i got sumin like 7/100 on my exams...

Get someone elses help :P Bloody Maths! The only thing its good for is in careers to become a Maths Teacher... i swear it is!

Mirinee
03-12-2004, 04:20 PM
There needs to be far better maths teachers/lecturers! They're not even well paid, not that mine deserves to be.

No, no. No maths degree, no thanks. I chose Engineering, and I knew that there was no escaping the 'mathematical methods' modules, just not that they'd be this difficult.

I'm confused about LU factorisation of a m x n matrix and how to visualise the 4 fundamental subspaces (null, left null, row, column). Pffff. Just typing that is giving me a headache already. You help is too much to ask! I'm so grateful for the offer.

Judgment
03-12-2004, 04:25 PM
I'm confused about LU factorisation of a m x n matrix and how to visualise the 4 fundamental subspaces (null, left null, row, column).

:S *Head Explodes*

Dkgamer
03-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Here ya go Fundamental subspaces of a matrix (http://homepages.ius.edu/WCLANG/m303/notes3-7.pdf)
Have a read of this and see if it helps.

Mirinee
03-12-2004, 04:45 PM
*Casts Reverser*
Hahaha. So did mine. I'm trying to adapt so that it doesn't. *Eats more mind mats*

Edit: And thanks, Dkgamer. I don't have the TI-86. I need to understand how to do it manually.

Dkgamer
03-12-2004, 04:49 PM
Oh ok, sorry about that. Il try and sort of translate it into simpler terms so you can see how it works. Just give me a while and il put up a link if i manage it lol

Mirinee
03-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Wait, there's a bit at the end which tells how to do it manually, more or less.

I'm more stuck on how to apply the null-space once it is obtained, or how to work backwards to get a matrix when given the null-space and column-space bases.
I really need to understand the physical interpretation. It's going to be a challenge to explain to me in simple terms :'( .

Edit: What's a pivot column?

Dkgamer
03-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Hmmm im not really sure how to find out the matrix from a NS and CS either. Ill do some research and let you know what i find out ;)

Kal
24-12-2004, 12:27 AM
sorry i can't help u, i'm only in basic algebra, and barley past my final in that, with a calculator. :P ( it probly dosen't help that i'm asleep half the time :$ )