PDA

View Full Version : This section

Omar
22-07-2004, 02:13 PM
What exactly is this section for?

The description is somewhat vague: "Submit test postings and stuff." so I assumed it was the place for random spam/jibberish etc. (especially when other spam topics get sent here) and that posting here did not raise your post count, but after recent topics being locked, it appears that isn't the case.

As there really is little need to test things on modern forums due to the signature/avatar being updated on every post already made, what is there left to do in here?

Vahn RAmar
22-07-2004, 10:10 PM
omar has a gooood point.

Ivan
23-07-2004, 04:19 AM
If anyone remembers MoonWolf, that's why this forum is still in existance. :P

GOLDIE
23-07-2004, 04:48 PM
This forum us for testing things out like sigs and stuff. Sometimes if we are in a good mood we will let you mess about and have fun once or twice but we dont exactly encourage spam in this forum.

Omar
27-07-2004, 03:27 PM
This forum us for testing things out like sigs and stuff. Sometimes if we are in a good mood we will let you mess about and have fun once or twice but we dont exactly encourage spam in this forum.
I understood that from the description, but why do you need a section to test signatures? They appear under every post don't they?

GOLDIE
27-07-2004, 04:34 PM
After every new post you make after you change it.

Sol
27-07-2004, 05:47 PM
say you wanted to get to grips with vbcode or figure out how to insert an image into your posts for example, you can do it in here. It also gives us a place to move any non-specific threads to etc

Sd28
28-07-2004, 09:34 PM
say you wanted to get to grips with vbcode or figure out how to insert an image into your posts for example, you can do it in here. It also gives us a place to move any non-specific threads to etc

yeah but the non specific threads all get locked so there no point in moving them. so it seem like a waste of a section

darkice
28-07-2004, 09:37 PM
yeah but the non specific threads all get locked so there no point in moving them. so it seem like a waste of a section

yep true but sol aint the one who closes em all lol

Sd28
28-07-2004, 09:46 PM
yep true but sol aint the one who closes em all lol

true that would e the lock master goldie and now that i think about it goldie reminds me of a vacum cleaner

GOLDIE
28-07-2004, 10:22 PM
lmao he will lock this for that y'know lol
I will if you dont quit spamming.

Sd28
28-07-2004, 10:42 PM
I will if you dont quit spamming.
(in incredibly sarcastic voice) Fine lets do every thing you wanna do.

but seriously whats up with all the post lockeges in this section

Ivan
29-07-2004, 04:18 AM
Most of it is spam or has been bumped.

Sd28
29-07-2004, 09:37 PM
yeah but most things are concidered spam then like thing's which have no specific topic or relation so they are sent here then locked so please tell me what the point was it didnt fit before and is moved here only to get locked it seems pointless and quite frankly stupid

Sol
30-07-2004, 12:53 AM
i agree but actually 99% of those types of threads are deleted, its just a few that seem to get left behind usually to serve as examples of what is considered spam or maybe because the threads might contain some information that isnt totally spam and can be referenced/searched (ie this one).

Omar
09-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Okay, thanks for clearing up the confusion. :)

Feel free to lock this now if you want.

Sanga
13-08-2004, 10:21 AM
soz for annoying u but I thought u were being kinda evil so i tried to get revenge but i woz being really gay. If every things ok with us [no arguing]send me an e-mail