Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Banter > Music, Films, TV & Anime

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-09-2005, 12:28 AM
Rookie Amateur

Azumanga Daioh

Azumanga Daioh is without a doubt my favorite anime. Sure it isn't action packed, but it redefines comedy in a way no other anime/manga can. It is a fun and all around good show that is apropriate for any age. For those of you who have not seen this, it is worth watching, even if you are not a big fan of japanese animation.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Lowly Peon

Send a message via AIM to Blitzkommando
Yes, I love Azumanga Daioh as well. As a matter of fact it is my first complete anime series on DVD. Funny how highschool can make such a good subject for comedy when so many people seem to hate it. It's just an overall 'feel good' show. I too recommend it.
Old 17-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Staff Member

I got all the DVD's. Definatly recommended!! Miss Yukari is one of my favourites. The part where she gets drunk and throws up in hillarious in the first few episodes. I love the dub, Yukari's english voice is funny.

Nihamo (typo?) is cool, cuz I met her voice actress X)! Anyone who wants to meet Monica Rial come to Amecon 06!

Tenchi Muyo in love 3
Old 23-09-2005, 11:26 PM
Master Hunter

128?

I got the soundtracks, and even though I haven't seen the manga itself, the music isn't up to much cop, it's too hollow and basic, there's no depth or emotion to it, as found in soundtracks like Evangelion, Love Hina and Fooly Cooly/The Pillows, or, the orcestral music from the first Pokemon movie, (subsequent movies had a pretty lame soundtrack, especially Pokemon 3).
Old 26-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Rookie Amateur

OMG this is seriously one of the best anime ever xD It's got some of the funniest subtle humor of anything I have ever seen. My favorite character has to be Sakaki. Poor girl loves kitties and is always getting bit lol. If you like Azumanga, you should check out the new manga by Azumanga's author/artist. Honestly the name escapes me right now, but it is something like Yotsuba ^-^;. The artwork is obviously very close to Azumanga and the humor is the same. Check it out
Old 27-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Master Hunter

I Just Done A Revolution Pad.

I guess before I totally dismiss it, I should check it out, but I'm re-watching the entire original 2 series of Sailor Moon, and also reading through all 14 GN's of Love Hina, as well as the current 21 Oh My Goddess GN's, that and I'm still drooling over my new keyboard, which I'm getting soon, heh, Yamaha Tyros 2, Nintendogs, Soul Calibur 3, (at a push), yup, October is a great month for gaming.

Anyhow, if you're a fan of manga/anime, and even stuff like Star Wars, and Marvel/Capcom, you should try ordering in a catalogue/magazine from Diamond Comics called Previews, it lists all the stuff coming out at least 2 months ahead of schedule, if you got a local comic book/hobby/collector shop near you, they should be able to order it in for you, it's sort of like the EGM of those sort of interests, (I get pretty much all of my t-shirts from it, lol).
Old 27-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Rookie Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Bull
Anyhow, if you're a fan of manga/anime, and even stuff like Star Wars, and Marvel/Capcom, you should try ordering in a catalogue/magazine from Diamond Comics called Previews, it lists all the stuff coming out at least 2 months ahead of schedule, if you got a local comic book/hobby/collector shop near you, they should be able to order it in for you, it's sort of like the EGM of those sort of interests, (I get pretty much all of my t-shirts from it, lol).
Ah yes, Previews. Luckily I am good friends with the owner of my local comic shop, so he gives them to me for free every month i love ordering stuff from there ^-^
Old 30-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Master Hunter

Those magazines cost 2, are you actually that tight, lol.

I also get the trade Previews, and say that part of my company is an importation company, (it is, just not any of their stuff), then if I want it, I get my import shop to order it in for me, saving me the bother, tee-hee.
Old 18-11-2005, 08:50 AM
Staff Member

Send a message via MSN to mr_shoe_uk
I have been watching it recently, pretty crazy, all good fun though. Sometimes it is indeed very funny.

I actually really like the music too it, it's nice and cheerful in pleasent little way that fits the series.

Osaka is maybe one of the funniest.
Old 19-11-2005, 02:48 AM
Master Hunter

Bogey Flickers.

May I suggest Love Hina, the music there is so funny, especially VOL 1.