Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Games > PC Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 26-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Rookie Amateur

I was pretty interested when i first heard about Guild Wars. It's free in the sense that you don't have to pay a monthly fee. You still have to pay $50 for the game though.

I was wondering, is this as good as World of Waracraft? That game consumed me for a good 4 months, and I wasn't sure if this was as good. It seems that the classes are a lot more limited, but I'm not really too sure. I'm a life long Ranger, so I'm glad they have a somewhat similar "Hunter" class in this game, where you can be a Ranger with a pet so to speek (though I really don't know if the bow user in GW can command a pet like you can in WoW, so if someone can clarify the role of a pet and bow user, I would really appreciate it ^-^).
Old 26-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Knight

Send a message via AIM to Ashinator Send a message via MSN to Ashinator
GW is a good....but very different game altogether to WoW in my views...but doesnt stop me from playin it though

If u like game music then check this site: OverClocked Remix
Old 15-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Adept Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Ark
well..lets see....had a full set of lvl 20's, beat the game, got bored so made a whole new bunch...^^"

Cyrus Wyvern-lvl 17- Warrior/Monk,Axe mastery,healing,tactics(axe only till I get a decent sword)

Ark Stormwalker-lvl 1- Ranger(planning to make him pure ranger, marks, wildernress and experties...no other skills going to be put in)

Atticus Darkmoon-lvl 7- Necromancer/Ranger( Blood and Beast Maserty ONLY!)

Kalle Damos-lvl 12- Elementalist/Mesmer (Energy Storage, Fire Magic and insparation) maybe we could form a Ragol.co guild? lol I would join..
*Ikona* HUcast level 10 Yellowboze
Old 15-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Adept Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Ark
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAcaseal
I was pretty interested when i first heard about Guild Wars. It's free in the sense that you don't have to pay a monthly fee. You still have to pay $50 for the game though.

I was wondering, is this as good as World of Waracraft? That game consumed me for a good 4 months, and I wasn't sure if this was as good. It seems that the classes are a lot more limited, but I'm not really too sure. I'm a life long Ranger, so I'm glad they have a somewhat similar "Hunter" class in this game, where you can be a Ranger with a pet so to speek (though I really don't know if the bow user in GW can command a pet like you can in WoW, so if someone can clarify the role of a pet and bow user, I would really appreciate it ^-^).

well I beat the game with my ranger first...my old ranger, anyways, basically you just have to put points into marksmanship and beast mastery for a good ranger/pet handler combo. as a second profession I suggest monk with healing, that way makes it easier to heal your pet. Beast mastery skill has few healing things for pets, so a ranger/monk with healing is great for staying alive, and keeping their pet alive as well. Now to have your pet always with you, ya need to have a skill in your bar called "Charm Animal" at all times. As you can only hold 8 skills at a time, and they say having a pet normaly takes up three slots. They say take" charm animal" to keep the pet, "Comfort animal" to heal it, and possibly a skill to give it a bit of extra attack. I have used pets alot, and I find that these attack skills for pets are quite usless. and if you are a ranger/monk, you can junk "comfort animal" for "healing breeze" which works on both you an your pet, rasing for 10 second your health regeneration. so you would only really need "Charm Animal" so you have "charm animal" and "healing breeze", that all you really need for a good pet ranger.
*Ikona* HUcast level 10 Yellowboze
Old 22-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Inferno Legions

Send a message via MSN to nukefish
I'v heard lots about the game i'm just not sure as to if i want to buy it or not.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Apprentice

yha i was in a guild with judgement and the guild i think the name of it was the great shadow council...yha that was it
unless there was another one cause he left for a while and went to another guild so....yha that im not for sure on
Old 11-03-2006, 04:10 AM
Gawd Of Teh Void!

Send a message via AIM to Judgment Send a message via MSN to Judgment Send a message via Yahoo to Judgment
Yeah we had shadow council there for a bit but things started getting too inactive to my tastes and i dident have enought gold to recruit alot of people.

In the end me and some of the other active members left to join Shadow Of Serpent =3
Old 13-06-2007, 07:55 AM
Star Raider

Anyone still playing Guild Wars? I have recently got back into the game, hope to have played through all 3 chapters by the time eye of the north (latest expansion) is released at the end of august.

I started a new character, Uae Daien, feel free to add me or contact me through x-fire (see signature)
Old 04-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Rookie Amateur

i only play in one player

name:dark skull dragon

lvl:20

type:dervish/elemental

weapon:the death bringer (scythe)

PhAnTaSy StAr UnIvErSe 2006-2007

PhAnTaSy StAr PoRtAbLe 2008

PhAnTaSy StAr ZeRo 2009

The Best Phantasy Star Games Ever Made
Old 05-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Gawd Of Teh Void!

Send a message via AIM to Judgment Send a message via MSN to Judgment Send a message via Yahoo to Judgment
I play as Arbiter The Butcher 20 W/Rit but my pc isnt working atm so i cant play