Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Phantasy Star > Phantasy Star Online

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-05-2005, 02:36 AM
Lowly Peon

Send a message via AIM to Phlisle Send a message via MSN to Phlisle Send a message via Yahoo to Phlisle
PSOBB Voice/IP Public Ventrilo

Hey Folks!

I'd like to invite you and your friends to hop onboard the first dedicated Phantasy Star Online - Blue Burst Ventrilo Server! This is my first contribution to this wonderful community I have become involved with. Whether you've been a long-time Ventrilo user, or perhaps a dedicated Team Speak
user, this server will provide excellent pings, uptime, and beautiful sound quality for all of your PSOBB and general Voice/IP client needs. The server will contain rooms for general and PSOBB discussion, as well as dedicated rooms for you to take your team in for private game play. If you'd like to organize and meet up with your team, you're more than welcome to recruit and play with them here, as well as have a dedicated channel with your team name and administrative accounts along with it. In order to try and balance out pings, I decided to set up the server on the East Coast, to allow friendly Voice/IP connections for our Euro players. Everyone is welcome and invited to participate! I have set up the server to default at 100 connections, but if we fill up quickly, Iíll go ahead and bump it up quite a bit in order to support as many people as needed. Along with this server, I have also set up a decent FTP for client hosting (hosting of the installer and patches) as well as team signatures, avatars, etc. Clans are invited to host whatever they need
on this FTP.

Because I am the owner of this Ventrilo, Iíll also be the main administrator. I'll be looking for people who want to help administrate and moderate, however. Forum moderators and regulars will most certainly be given authority to try and keep the peace here. This is a public Ventrilo that is to be friendly and welcome to all PSOBB players, no matter their sex, gender, religion, location, or anything else. Discrimination and disrespect towards your fellow PSOBB players will not be tolerated. If you decide to run a private channel for your team members, you can decide what rules, if any, you'd like to enforce within them.

==================
SERVER INFORMATION
==================
Hostname or IP : power8.nrgservers.net
Port Number : 3510

That's all you need to fill out in order to connect. Upon connecting, you'll be greeted with the

server welcome message and thrown into the default channel, which is more like a doorway.

||Some quick steps to help new users get on Ventrilo||

1) Start the ventrilo program. Click on the Start button, click on Programs and then click on Ventrilo. This will display another menu option called Ventrilo that will start the actual program.

2) Click on the "->" button that is next to the first pulldown window called "User Name". This will open a new window where you can create a logon name to be used when connecting to a server.

3) Click the "New" button. This will open a small window where you can enter your logon name. The name you enter is entirely up to you. It can be your real name or a nick name.

4) Click the "OK" button. You can come back to this window and click on the help button later on if you want more detailed information about what the other options mean and how to use them.

5) Now that we are back to the main window click on the "->" button that is next to the pulldown window called "Server". This will open a new window where you can enter the details about the server you would like to connect to.

6) Click the "New" button. This will open a small window where you can enter a name that will describe the new server definition. The name can be anything you want it to be like: "PSOBB SERVER" or "Phantasy Vent". When entering a server name you don't need the quotes around it. These server names
will show up in the main Ventrilo window.

7) Click "OK".

8) Click on the "Hostname or IP" input box and enter power8.nrgservers.net

9) Click on the "Port number" input box and enter 3510

11) Click "OK" to return to the Ventrilo main window.

12) Click "Connect" to establish a connection between you and the server.

13) You should also click on the Setup button and configure all of the different options that control Ventrilo. This is very important when it comes to controlling the microphone or input source. Once in the Setup dialog click on the "Help" button. Be sure to read what all of the options are and what they mean. This is very important for the Voice page.

------

I hope to see some of you folks on there! If the server becomes populated, I may look into adding a Team Speak server for those who really have no desire to switch from their current application of choice. Give it a try, and have fun! Any questions or requests (channel setup, moderators, etc), feel free to contact me!

~Phlisle
Chicago, Illinois
Old 11-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Im guessing you've basically made up your own server for people to play Blue Burst on, because it will also come with voice chat? Blimey! Now thats technical! Hope it goes well for ya bud, but ill be on the SEGA ones only
Old 11-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to ~Buddah~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Buddah~
sounds great thx
Old 11-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Lowly Peon

Send a message via AIM to Phlisle Send a message via MSN to Phlisle Send a message via Yahoo to Phlisle
Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, you mates are welcome to give it a try if you'd like. Nobody seems to be jumping to get on it, so if you'd like just a general hangout or non-PSOBB game related channel, bring your friends and have fun.

I'd hate to pay $50 USD a month for an idle server.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Adept Hunter

Send a message via MSN to SilentBob
"first dedicated Phantasy Star Online - Blue Burst Ventrilo Server!"
don't be to sure about that mister :p

anyways, nice idea. i actually run one myself, but it's for the
norwegian pso bb-comunity only.
VT is really usefull for ppl like me, using a controller and not sitting by their kb's all the time. keep it up!

-<(Sim)>- , Skyly, HUcast, lvl 130
using:
Electro Frame (god/arm x2 , god/battle, god/hp)
StandStill Shield
Chu Chu (50, 150, 0, 0)
Sealed J sword
Black King Bar
Charge Vulcans w/ 50% hit
Old 11-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Lowly Peon

"anyways, nice idea. i actually run one myself, but it's for the
norwegian pso bb-comunity only."

Owned.

Still, i'm glad there's a decent server over there to support everyone. I'm sure it's probably pings a lot better than my NY server.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Administrator

*Thread Stickied Temporarily on Request*

Enjoy!
Old 11-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via ICQ to Starman
I prefer Team Speak to Ventrilo

Old 11-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Staff Member

Ventrillo, that's a nice name

Tenchi Muyo in love 3
Old 12-05-2005, 02:51 AM
Knight

Send a message via AIM to misterbud Send a message via MSN to misterbud
I could ask the owner of www.n00bstories.com if she could help me set up a channel in their TS server for BB. Perhaps you TS users could hop on over and join me
Michael II lvl 45 HUmar
Victoria lvl 16 RAmarl
Episode 3
BK Mark II Clv Online 7/Clv offline 19
Blue Burst
Misterbud FOmar lvl 13

Firefox by far, the best web browser out there.