Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Phantasy Star > Phantasy Star Universe

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Rookie Amateur

Send a message via MSN to Xylen Send a message via Yahoo to Xylen
Worth Getting?

Basically, I have had this game before but got rid of it because I didn't have Xbox live, it wasn't all that good mainly because I couldn't create my own character and the Mag system was gone you had that stupid robot instead, but I've heard alot of people are going online with it.

I want to know, what features in PSO are in PSU?
Is it worth getting?
What features are on the online mode?
Is it better or worse then PSO online mode?

Any extra information would be usefull to know, because I just want to go online with PSO but as we all know the servers have been took off and have been in that state for a long time, and there is no chance of PSO ever coming back online again. Not that I know of anyway.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to K_I_R_E_E_K
if you know how to play pso, then psu will have some same aspects in-game
worth gettin?, hmmmm if you plan to waste a few bucks to play online then yes

i prefer pso online, pso is simple, psu tends to be more complicaded and takes more time to understand fully.

other members that have actually have psu will help you more
Old 02-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Wizard

IMO, PSO is way better, in the single player, u can use any weapon, any armor, any tech, and its really no fun, in online, u create a char, but only in online =( there are none of the original monsters, they have all been remade, and there was to much hype from PSO fans (i thought that u could create a char in single player, cuz they didnt say anything about that pre-release) and the game isnt that great.
PSO:BB
Tsukuyomi: 131 PURPLENUM RAmar
(AKA Y): C-mode HUcast
Old 02-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Virtuoso

Well, PSU is something different. You've got to work hard to level up your character and class, and of course, making items can be a drag compared to just finding equipment like in PSO.
As for what the similarities are between these games, the classes are the same with the addition of Expert Classes.. well, not much is the same! However, the expansion's bringing back all of the PSO fashions, and Ragol too, if that matters!
I don't know if I'd say it's worth getting. I really enjoy it, but I know a lot of people don't! In the online mode, you'll have to work together with friends to finish missions easier. As in, hunters aren't much fun without Resta, so always bring a force! You'll also depend on selling , trading and synthesizing things! It's lots of fun to just interact with people and manage your character too, and who can forget shopping for clothes?!
I don't know if it's better or worse than PSO. But I think you might wanna try it!

^I like my PSO characters ^and my egg (may he rest in peace) ^and my PSU characters! ^ Organization 13 :p
Axel: "Now that all of your cards are gone, I will eat yoooou!" Larxene: "Sorry Axel-you couldn't eat your way out of...air!"
Old 03-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Team PSUniverse.net-X

its a decent game. i still prefer PSO and im intrested in what this expansion pack is all about.

Id say get it. spend a good decent amount of time otherwise you can not appreciate it. it is more complicated than pso but then maybe thats cos i was so used to pso and loved it.

i seriously need to get some time in on this game, its just other games have been taking my time lol.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Knight

Send a message via AIM to Ashinator Send a message via MSN to Ashinator
Well I just got back my copy of PSU on PS2 from some one who i lent it 2 but i havent touched it cos i rather play PSO its just soooo much better...

If u like game music then check this site: OverClocked Remix
Old 05-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Staff Member

Send a message via AIM to Phantom_RAcast Send a message via MSN to Phantom_RAcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashinator
Well I just got back my copy of PSU on PS2 from some one who i lent it 2 but i havent touched it cos i rather play PSO its just soooo much better...
QFT! I played PSU for a bit but I didnt really enjoy it as much as I do PSO.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Rookie Amateur

Send a message via MSN to Xylen Send a message via Yahoo to Xylen
So there are Many PSO lovers, so I'm not alone heh.

Well I mainly play PSO for the multiplayer factor your enemies become stronger on PSO when you have more then just one character, and I like the way how that each of the classes help each other out.

I suppose complication is no matter to me, I've never once not got the hang of a game yet.

If you can create your own character then it's a definately must get because being unique online is something I've always liked.

Anyway a quick OOC question, do you ever think PSO will be released again with more features and enhanced grphics?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Rookie Amateur

Send a message via MSN to Ithildin
I'd have to agree with most posters here. I have often dicussed differences between PSO and PSU. I totally agree, PSO is sooo much easier to get into. It sort of has a beauty in its simplicity! I think the way PSO is designed (and by that I mean everything to do with design, looks, gameplay, style, even fonts!) is far greater than PSU. One thing I do greatly admire PSU for is that there IS more to do. More missions, character building, weapon and armour synthing, etc, etc. I cannot understand tho why in PSU all types of characters can do everything. You can even have FO type androids! And! Androids are no longer immune to poison and paralysis and are not the only ones who can use traps! That will continue to bug me...
Old 08-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to K_I_R_E_E_K
so chosing the char in psu is not like on pso with the hucast have lots of power, or racaseal having allot of accuracy and then she can use the guld mila.....etc,etc.

that i didn't know, a good information in my opinion