Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Archives > Archived Forums > Phantasy Star Common Room > Hacks & Cheats

Old 04-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to K_I_R_E_E_K
online hackers

ok....i am just warning you in case something hapens.
i can modify texture of any kind in pso, but i am not the only one, some use pso bluburst to change textures and information and instantly see them, they can create new weapons and even change the looks of one, i don't know if they can harm other players, but creating new weapons may inflict something in the game online.
since blueburst is a pc game, they use programs to extract information and put it again but this time modified.
i don't want to do same, i am just warning you if if see something strange online
Old 04-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Virtuoso

Send a message via AIM to NetNomad
Cue: me chuckling, at least 2/3 people going OMG NOES, and Kefka coming in here to "remind" us that BB is unhackable.

All kidding aside... textures eh? Well I know I've seen people brag about how they can do things to see actual levels from the lobby, or other visual things, but they're totally client-sided I believe. Although I'm betting this thing you mentioned isn't the same. Where did you hear about this?
Old 04-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

it is that are programs similar to the one i use, they can open blueburst files, change and or create and then go online with the changed things......it is just a warning.
on other platforms such as xbox gb or dc the images or textures can be taken out but to put them back in is hard work, blueburst is for pc so it is way easier and fater
Old 04-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Virtuoso

Send a message via AIM to NetNomad
True, but it seems to me that something like that would be completely client-sided. If you changed the look of a saber into the look of something else using your own files, wouldn't it only be you who saw them when you went online? The others would still see a saber, I'd think...
Old 04-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via MSN to Poo Fly
there are ways of changing texture files, even in blue burst. but this wouldn't effect anyone, besides the person who has done it. (making a pink FOmar, for example, or a green dragon slayer.) unless another person gets hold of the same modded texture, and replaces the original, then they would see it too.
i wouldn't say it was a hack, unless the means of getting at the files is.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Rookie Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poo Fly
there are ways of changing texture files, even in blue burst. but this wouldn't effect anyone, besides the person who has done it. (making a pink FOmar, for example, or a green dragon slayer.) unless another person gets hold of the same modded texture, and replaces the original, then they would see it too.
i wouldn't say it was a hack, unless the means of getting at the files is.
I don't think anyone knows how to mod weapon textures IIRC, it crashes the game, last I heard.

texture modding is as much hacking as changing the music files BB uses
Old 04-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via MSN to Poo Fly
seems somebody does

http://boards.sega.com/psobb/viewtop...=69279&start=0
Old 04-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

in a far future i will make a "new pso" i will change a big number of textures of weapons,chars fields (i am thinking of making an ice forest)
but besides this, it is possible not only to change but also to add textures, making new weapons and stuff.
all is not bad pso ver.2 will probably have BB char costumes since they share the same "basics"
like i said it is a warning, possibly it won't affect anyone, but.......in the future....
similar to this but on dc

ou noite

Last edited by K_I_R_E_E_K; 04-08-2006 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Bust a cap in the crowd!

Send a message via MSN to nomercy
I saw people in those cloaks when i was on the *ahem* sever on PSO PC.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:24 PM
Staff Member

Forest actually looks better with those darker shades of green... more lush. I like it.