Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Archives > Archived Forums > Phantasy Star Common Room > Hacks & Cheats

Old 29-06-2005, 01:34 AM
Adept Hunter

Send a message via AIM to nyra90
should i pay the extra $8.50

i have pso for x box and have been reading a lot of bad stuff about online play. now i just want some opinions from people who play it. so a little help would definatly be aprciated.

as a simple note: i know this is the hacks and cheats section. these people are the ones who i would think know the most about what can go wrong. also even if it seems out of place im almost positive it will sink in. besides wouldn't want to go way off topic in the lobby.

sorry if i screwed up only my 2nd post
Old 29-06-2005, 01:43 AM
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to ~Buddah~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Buddah~
Well what i did is i got my hl after about 6 months and cancled it. now today i tryed and vola it work and im getting online for free
Old 29-06-2005, 01:47 AM
Virtuoso

actually i like that this is in this section
Anyway back on topic
Online in any PSO version has lots of FSOD(corruption)and duping. I think as long as you do not make the actuall Hackers mad and stay far away from the AR n00bs then you should be fine. If you have good characters then i may not risk it. i know on PSOGC you could corrupt your files and lose your characters-i dunno about PSOX though.
I dont go online with PSOGC for the very reason of the thought of losing my chars-ive spent way too much time on them. I know that you can stay away from the ARers but you need info from someone who knows PSOX. I unfourtuatly am not that person.
Old 29-06-2005, 01:59 AM
Adept Hunter

well i have 2 charicters a levle 30 force and a levle 25 hunter their id's are flip flop but my hunter has a crazy mag that was fed nothing but mates mostly tri and a nice gobomas claw+5 and soul eater+9 (from my force ^^)

yeah i watched my freind play online and people had hacked items every were and we have the gc version aswell but i havnt made a charicter yet
Old 29-06-2005, 03:23 AM
Banned User

I have xbox, and there are no ar noobs! Thank god! Every now and then there is FSOD but its cooled down ALOT since Blue Burst.
Old 29-06-2005, 05:03 AM
Adept Hunter

That is because most of the hackers r trying to hack BB now i hear alot of them talking about it online mostly in cronus. a guy named Cancerous is one of them..
Old 29-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Banned User

Well i say let them at it, as long as they dont touch my beloved psox
Old 29-06-2005, 02:52 PM
Staff Member

As long as you learn this off by heart:

1.) Make your own games, FSODX will only happen if you are frosen in between the double save. FSODX is instant corruption. By this logic then, we know that if we make our own games no one is in the game to FSODX us when we enter and the double save occurs.

2.) Such Items as the Red ring, Dark bridge, Dark meteor and Dark flow are a sure sign of a hacker, also check their mag is not over level 200!

3.) The following: Manaknayda, FaNaTiC, Ev!L_Dr@G0N, Kamui Chan
Are all known FSODers

4.) Don't hang out in US ships, especially Deneb and Vega. Try to avoid EU ships as well, they can be a gamble. Playing with JP users isn't hard, just use symbol chat and I think you will find they are much better players anyway .

5.) If you do get a corruption, delete your Guild Card file first, and your Character file last. This has saved me once before.

6.) If you are in a game an you get a regular FSOD, you will loose all un equipped and un banked items and meseta. So try to only carry one mag, weapon etc (much easier for forces).
If you are somewhere like the lobby, or not in a game, you will only lose un-banked meseta.
You may be hit by WS (word Select) FSOD if you or the FSODer is entering anywhere. If you enter a lobby, an FSODer there may hit you AS YOU ARRIVE. Alternatively, if you are in a game, they may swoop down and FSOD you. If you eneter the game,most likely it will be FSODX for you!

7.) If you have just changed areas on Pioneer 2, where the music is subject to change, (e.g. Hospital to main P2) and your disc isn't in great condition the screen may go black (possibly with the music still playing) also, If you are porting (telipipe, next area, boss etc.) then this may happen (the telipipe noise will continue). This is called BSOD. Simply open and close your disc cover and it will be fixed.
NOTE: If you get a BSOD online then as you fix the problem you will lose game-sync and will most likely DC.

8.) If everyone stops moving but you, and when you try to chat nothing happens, then you are most likely about to DC (or disconnect). This will not harm your game, but you may as well quit straight off to save some time
Alternatively, there may be a long pause (for example in a boss sequence) and you may re-sync with the others.

9) Train in private password areas... Alone, or with friends... Try to meet in LESS KNOWN LOBBIES.

...You will be fine...
Not worth the money, if you ask me, though. There are so many BB hacking myths atm, but most so called 'hackers' on BB have more mouth than anything else. Pecamists just spread their illusions, I do not believe them.
Old 29-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Adept Hunter

ok loseing meseta and unequiped items is no big deal as i usually only carry one set of armor, barrier, ect with me. the rest of the stuff is like telepipes and mag food witch if i lose is no big deal. not to metion i suck so i lose most of my meseta anyway's

so i will be fine if i run away from people who have obiosly hacked items, make my own games, and stick to mostly vacant blocks/servers

oh well more space for... NOTHING!!!
Old 29-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Staff Member

Thats the plan Nyra man! Remember to always make your own games. It is essential to avoid FSODX. If you hear someone talking about proxy or lobby reloading run like hell, they probably cannot do it but it isnt worth the risk.