Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Banter > General Chat

Old 01-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Master Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Link777
Nope. It's crap though. It's only like clothes (NOT armour) that're designed like a medieval SPARTAN armour suit from Halo. Oh and a Covenant Energy Sword, which is actually quite cool, but weak as ****.

I wish I'd have chosen a more unique name when I joined this site... Bah, I was 12. Sue me.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:15 AM
Staff Member

Send a message via AIM to Phantom_RAcast Send a message via MSN to Phantom_RAcast
So how is it? I havent had a chance to play it at any of my friends houses yet. I refuse to buy another game that Peter Molyneux has touched without at least first playing it.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Master Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Rena Send a message via MSN to Rena
Well I think it's good. The graphics are tidy, and pretty cute, gameplay seems smooth, and the systems it uses (Renown for example) are really cool.

If I don't know what lies beyond
Desire is now the one in control
Am I strong enough to not ever know just what I'd find?
Should I press on?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Knight

Send a message via AIM to pso king
no offense to those of you that liked it but I hated it. in the last game it was more medieval and this one it's more colonial. I thought it might be good but it didn't live up to the first one. I'm going to list a few things and you guys can say whether or not you agree. oh also I agree with bmil, when I found out about some of the cons in this game I felt like I needed a bomb, a plane ticket and directions to peter molneaux's house (different items same effect)

the lack of armor- this was a big blow to me. one of my favorite parts about last game was looking cool while having a ton of defense. you could also boost or lower your alignment with certain ones.

the main villain- this might sound kind of trivial but you want your villain to be threatening. jack of blades was ominous and wasn't all that shy about what he wanted accomplished (although he could have killed you instead of just throwing you in jail) plus he could turn into a dragon. Lucien however is rather weak and at this one point all it would take is one well aimed will spell and he'd be dead as dirt.

the lack of bows- yes they have crossbows but I prefer the normal ones. especially skorm's bow.

not enough magic attacks. the last game had eighteen spells. this one? eight and no defense ones either.

henchman mode- the first time I saw the thing I thought yay they're going to have co-op and me and my brother can beat it playing at the same time instead of having to alternate between accounts. then when I played it my only thought was "wtf! I can't do anything!"

the length- it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
(I think you get my point) too short. you can lengthen it by doing side quests and trying to open demon doors but other than that.

weapon selection- simply not enough. they added cutlass and that's it. they of course added guns but the melee weapons were exactly the same.

okay now I'm going to list the pros just so my argument isn't so one sided

you can have kids- I thought this was a pretty nice addendum (the only problem is you can't wait until the kid grows up and then make him/her join your side as a hero also)

the dog- some people might have had trouble finding treasure and silver keys in the last game, not so with this one as your dog acts as a treasure finder.(although the gold is useless do to the addendum of jobs)

jobs- yay now we finally have a method of making gold besides the cheap buy low sell high glitch
gambling- gambling in this game actually requires you to think unlike in the last one where you could just save every time you won and reload every time you lost. you could still do that but there's really no way to tell how much money you've won so it might be kind of pointless.

in the last game you had to follow paths but you don't have to in this one. it might sound like a lame pro but I thought this was actually a good idea

flourishes- much improved. they just look so much cooler. in this game it slows down time and you slice and dice your enemy.

blocking- last game it was way too easy to beat enemies. if they blocked after a few attacks you could just flourish and they'd be dead, this time they block more often and it's harder to kill them.

the spells- while i think the amount they have is really stupid the spells themselves aren't all that bad. they added the raise dead spell (which is cool for people who fancy themselves necromancers) they made it so that you now have area attacks along with single person ones- this way instead of having to buy fireball and inferno they're combined into one.

pistols- I don't like the guns too much but the pistols are still pretty neat.

that sums up what i thought was good and bad about the game. I had some more cons but I didn't want to sound like a whiner because they were pretty trivial. also I'd like to ask people to please keep the posts about just what you thought was good or bad about the game, or what you think is going to be bad or good about the game

Last edited by pso king; 03-11-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Master Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Rena Send a message via MSN to Rena
Lack of armour - Clothes are pretty much the same thing, as far as I'm aware, except for the defence factor. But most enemies aren't strong enough to make you really need it. Except the werewolf-like things, those were rather powerful.

The villain - I haven't got far enough to say anything about it.

Lack of bows - I want a bow.

Magic attacks - I don't use magic. ^.^

Henchman mode - I like the glitch you can do with it.

Length - There's a lot to do after you beat it.

Weapon selection - The longsword will always be superior. >.<

I'm not that far into it yet, I don't think. I'm having too much fun taking people to the Temple of Shadows, in which you can make shemales. o.O Plus there's gargoyle-hunting, and just generally making fun of things in-game.

If I don't know what lies beyond
Desire is now the one in control
Am I strong enough to not ever know just what I'd find?
Should I press on?
Old 24-11-2008, 04:16 AM
Inferno Legions

Send a message via AIM to Kashima Send a message via MSN to Kashima Send a message via Yahoo to Kashima
For me i just hope they release more quests via an xbox live download in the near future. I never played the original fable so i have nothing to compare this one too though i must admit i too felt the game was too short after i beat the game the only thing that took me some time to do was getting the 1 million needed to buy fairfax mansion since i chose the ending where you get your dog back. Also with that being said i hope in the future they release a quest where for people who chose that ending you get to meet back up with rose and she is either proud her little Sparrow is a hero or disgusted that he is now as corrupt and evil as Lucien.
Old 24-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Knight

Send a message via AIM to pso king
since i chose the ending where you get your dog back. Also with that being said i hope in the future they release a quest where for people who chose that ending you get to meet back up with rose and she is either proud her little Sparrow is a hero or disgusted that he is now as corrupt and evil as Lucien.

while it is better to choose to bring back all those who died in the building of the spire, wanting your loved ones back is not evil. evil is the method lucien used to get what he wanted.so while there is a better choice I don't think your sister would hate you for bringing her back. althouhg I'm not her so I can't say for sure whether she would or not.
Old 25-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Master Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Link777
Dude, careful about spoilers....

But yeah I agree, Lucien is NOTHING compared to JoB. I loved Jack's voice so freakin' much.

I wish I'd have chosen a more unique name when I joined this site... Bah, I was 12. Sue me.

Tags
fable2, microsoft, new game, peter molneaux, xbox 360