Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Archives > Archived Forums > Phantasy Star Common Room > Hacks & Cheats

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-12-2003, 02:14 PM
Staff Member

FSOD & Corruption FAQ

FSOD - Frozen screen of death. A 'bog standard' event in online PSO . You lose all of your unequipped items. Weapons, armour, mags, items everything that you do not have unequipped.

FSOD X/BSOD - Corruption. It's a FSOD during the save process. This is the worst thing that can happen to you. You will lose EVERYTHING. Your chars, your lvls, and your guild cards. There have been theories of escaping. There is no way to predict it and no way to really stop it from happening. Although this method of corruption seems a lot less likely now the double save feature has been removed from Ep 1&2.
You can also get corrupted if there is a power surge/shortage during the save process offline

To escape damage from FSOD, people again have come up with various mathods. The one that has worked for me twice, is to start an offline multiplayer game. You should start the game with all your items intact. Run along to the bank and deposit everything. It should save with everything in your bank. Then start an offline single player game and check. Save again and then you should not see the "Game not shut down properly. All items deleted" message on character select screen.
To minimise damage from FSOD, just put all your valuable items in the bank before you leave a game. Everything equipped is fine, just look at your unequipped items. You needn't bother putting in fluids and mates because they are easily recoverable.

To avoid FSOD all together is impossible. It just seems to happen. Many people say stay away from busy lobbies, have no dupes etc. I've done all there is and still got FSOD so just be careful and deposit your items before you go to the lobby.

EDIT: 24/11/2004

Posted by Sesshomaru:
When someone's PSO file on the memory card becomes corrupted (ie. when the power gets shut off during a save) the way to keep your characters and all of your items is to first bring up the memory card screen (holding 'A' at the GameCube screen). Then go to the "GUILDCARD" File and delete that instead of the character file. Then just start PSO and load up your character and it will give you a new GuildCard file.

This allows you to keep your characters and items without having to re-create them and level up again.

I've only been able to verify this method with a GameCube. And it 'does' work, I've had my file corrupted quite a few times bc of power failure in my home, which ironically enough happens to be when I'm saving a game. But this method has worked each time that it happened.

Hope it helps!
Old 30-12-2003, 07:47 AM
Master Hunter

Thats good to know. Too bad people have to do stuff like that...
Old 31-12-2003, 12:25 AM
Hero

Thankfully, i dont play online.:rolleyes:
Guess Who's Back... Back Again...

MKS Best Times:
F8C: 27.091 lap
CCB: 31:some lap
BP: 8.985 lap
Old 11-01-2004, 01:56 PM
Expert Hunter

Er... Sorry for the bump,but the double-save is working again isn't it:confused:

Blue Burst Characters
Thesord HUcast lv. 152 Redria
Old 26-01-2004, 02:24 AM
Rookie Amateur

When FSOD - X occurs:
Open CD Cover
Pull out Memory Card
Shut Off Sytem

Saved me twice. What do you got to lose? Try it if it happens.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:36 AM
Wizard

I lost my Chu Chu because of FSod
Old 08-02-2004, 03:48 AM
Adept Hunter

Send a message via AIM to SupplyDroid
Hmm

Wish i knew that...oh well whatever I lose I trade for back with what i have n_n. Also, if you get stuck changing ships (like between US to EU and others) and it doesn't load for like...5 minutes, DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR SYSTEM. Turn off your modem or unplug your phone line. The connection will be cut off, but it will save and exit you out properly.

Best Monster- Chaos Sorcerer, Merlan, Indi Belra
Best Attack- Gibarta, Gizonde
Best Assists- Rich, Bullet Storm
Old 16-02-2004, 05:05 AM
Rookie Amateur

Send a message via AIM to grandadmiral2
My data was corrupted, and I never play online. I lost EVERYTHING. Items, chars, kapoot. As far as i can tell, it was non-Nintendo memory cards. Mine was even on an official one, but I did play it with people who had other brands. PLEASE don't make the same mistake i have, and buy an offical memory card. I've had problems with several brands and types. It's just not worth the frustration.
Old 19-03-2004, 10:19 PM
Rookie Amateur

these things are dangerous,becareful when taking your GC or Xbox or DC to a friends house and playing PSO or any game,it has happened to me once,I lost my data,luckily it wasnt my PSO but still becareful

none,rob1.0 will be remembered as a great RaCast
Old 27-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Team PSUniverse.net-X

some times FSOD happens when u try to connect straight to a busy ship as soon as you come online, i find connectiing to a really un-used ship and goin down the blocks and connecting there prevents FSOD, now go and connect to the ship u want.