Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Phantasy Star > Phantasy Star Online 2

Old 22-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Virtuoso

Send a message via MSN to dnd
Call of Mortality

Octobers update deserves a flashy title, because, wow, its like, huge....

Features:

Lv50 level cap (No more exp full for awhile, yay)
Very hard mode unlocked + 'rare' boss spawns only on this difficulty (King vardha, oh boy)
2 new PA's per weapon class, 1 new tech per element
Many, many new weapons added (more on this below)
New field called 'Darkers Den' and no, its not psogc/bb ruins (Boooo) think PSZ ruins
Tons new costumes, but nothing new there
Halloween lobby and possibly halo rappys aswell (like in summer)
Subclasses! (more below aswell)

New weapons:
Well, the first 10 star rare weapons and 6(?) star common weapons are being added some point during October, alot of old weapons are being put in, at some point, they include.

Demo comet, imperial pick, Berdysh, guld milla, Yas 9k, Frozen shooter, Mahu, Demonic fork, cadacus, Prophets of Motav, Elysion, Sting tip, Silence claw, Girasole, windmill and L&K 14 combats.

Most retain their old weapon classes, however some appear grouped with others (Frozen shooter for one - assault rifle)... sad to say, but the demo comet was my first ult mode pso drop and I can only imagine how awesome it will be in pso2 - I will be buying/finding one asap x_x

Subclasses:

Probably the biggest part of the update and the main update I've been looking forward to since the game launched...

To keep it simple - the subclass system allows you to effectively be two classes at once. You can use the subclass’ photon arts, technics, and skills but there’s a catch. You can only use your main class’ weapon categories.

In addition to this, whatever subclass you pick provides 20% of its base stats as a boost to your main class (excluding pp?). Which to be fair, isnt a great deal in terms of overall boosts, as seen below: (bare in mind, im running 1388 s-atk at max and that's with a weakish weapon, meh ability's and ofc, newman base atp)

Imo, the biggest advantage to the whole subclass thing is enabling non-force classes to cast techs. For sure i will be a fighter main class, with the techer sub-class, for quite a simple and effective reason...

Infinite shifta for fighter for soloing - instead of just 5 per run (items), in addition, techers can get up to a 10% boost (29% atp rise, iirc) and up to 10% crit buff for shifta. The same for deband (But 10% flat damage reduction, instead of the crit buff) - restas to save on items during exceedingly damage heavy boss fights (And they will heal alot, hail newman mst \o/).

Personally, i cant wait for this to happen, the only other update im hyped for is the dark falz update, comming soon(tm)

Currently hunting: Rika's claw (69 Dark Falz kills so far)

Last edited by dnd; 22-09-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 24-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to K_I_R_E_E_K
Thanks for the news dnd.
PSO2 is a constant work in progress i see.
Old 28-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Sounds pretty busy! Are the servers still crowded or have people started wandering away from the game to make them put all of this out maybe?
Old 29-09-2012, 03:21 AM
Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-yoshi View Post
Sounds pretty busy! Are the servers still crowded or have people started wandering away from the game to make them put all of this out maybe?
To be fair, i haven't seen a huge drop of players - never seen a full ship since they updated the servers either. Ship 7 still has tons of full blocks in jp peak times.

Pso2 won't be finished updating for years, this october update is the biggest since launch imo.

Still, leaves me worried for the state of the English release and just how far behind it will be... :/

Old 30-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Star Raider

Surely they'll bring the Western releases up to date with the Japanese version, content-wise? It's not like they're expansion packs or anything so they have no reason not to. Besides, it would be unusual for an online game to have its servers in different states of updates. I'm sure we'll get all this stuff (and more!) on release.

But yeah, subclass - awesome!
Old 03-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulkie View Post
Surely they'll bring the Western releases up to date with the Japanese version, content-wise? Besides, it would be unusual for an online game to have its servers in different states of updates.
But yeah, subclass - awesome!
Whilst i never played PSU, i heard that this wasnt the case and it got pretty nasty at the end of the english online cycle (2 years behind, iirc?)

The Jap servers are going to be completely independent of the Eu/Na ones, so having different levels of content wont really effect it - All be it a really stupid idea to with-hold the content....

What i think, is the EU release is going to have everything up to this months update (Lv50/very hard/darkers den/subclasses) then release the rest of the updates every 2 weeks till its not that far behind. Anyway!

The first part of the update is going to land in Japan on the 10th of October (one week) which enables pretty much everything (lv50/sub-classes/rare bosses/10star weapons). Its also been confirmed that a force subclass allows a hunter/ranger to cast techs, now I can be happy and actually play my hunter as I intended >_>;