Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Banter > The Void

Old 26-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Virtuoso

Well my saying it won't end anything =P except, if I'm lucky, and everybody's in a good mood. Then it'll take a day for a break. Nobody's willing to simply leave it open ended, we're human, we wanna argue our points until we've convinced ourselves we're right, or on the off chance the opponent is willing to change their mind, conviced the opponent.
Kyoneru - Lvl 103 - HUmar
Velaria - Lvl 87 - RAmarl
Old 26-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via AIM to Phantom_RAcast Send a message via MSN to Phantom_RAcast
It seems like I'm the only one that never had sex ed >_>
Quote:
Macho guys are just stupid. It's not really a good characteristic to have these days. Just because you're big enough to beat the crapola out of somebody, doesn't mean you're instantly desirable to the fairer sex. It's more that if you're able to pick fights, and do so often, it makes it less likely you'll be coming home to dinner with the wife and kids, and more likely the wife and kids will be visiting you in the hospital watching you drink beef through a straw.
Looking strong also makes your more desirable to most women..

Last edited by Phantom_RAcast; 26-11-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old 26-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Knight

Send a message via AIM to pso king
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini_Bert
Well my saying it won't end anything =P except, if I'm lucky, and everybody's in a good mood. Then it'll take a day for a break. Nobody's willing to simply leave it open ended, we're human, we wanna argue our points until we've convinced ourselves we're right, or on the off chance the opponent is willing to change their mind, conviced the opponent.
it won't end easily but if more than one person wants peace then it's just that much more easy to obtain. I don't care if I convince my opponent to take my side I just want them to think that my side has a chance of being true sort of like they want me to think that their side has a chance of being true. they actually want me to believe their side but that is probab;ly never going to happen. seriously we're never going to agree so we're going to have to agree to disagree. we've both convinced ourselves we're right but we're never going to be able to do the same with the other.

because both sides aere just going to end up bickering continuously I am requesting somebody lock this topic.
Old 26-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to K_I_R_E_E_K
not granted.
you can show your point and anyone else show another point, those 2,3,4,5 ways of viewing the situation create a new vision, your own vision of things.

Quote:
Looking strong also makes your more desirable to most women.
that's because in the nature, stronger childs born that way.........
just a hint, if you want to fell more desirable, look to someone in the eyes and give a small smile
Old 26-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Master Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Rena Send a message via MSN to Rena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_RAcast
It seems like I'm the only one that never had sex ed >_>
Looking strong also makes your more desirable to most women..
That, though correct in theory, has a couple of flaws. The largest of those flaws, as I have already mentioned, is the fact that looking strong tends to breed trouble. Also, looking strong makes you seem highly intimidating.

Keeping within the original concept of this thread, the debate of religion and its uses, meanings, and factors, I would like to throw something out there for our audience and paticipants alike. As Mini Bert has already stated, each and every person has his or her own beliefs. Unfortunately also, these beliefs lead to certain prejudices which become instilled into the younger generations, and so it continues.

On my brother nomercy's points, and his cohort Anti Hacker, I must grudgingly say I agree with many of their points. Science, whilst seeming a religion in and of itself, tends to carry more weight in the world as we traverse it, and pso king, you must at least see that this holds at least a partial truth to it, if nothing else.

As for my own reasons, one of my largest gripes over the use of religious texts in general, that is not just the Bible, but religious texts and followings all over the world, and in all faiths, is prejudice. The Bible, as has been irrevocably shown, holds a particularly vicious view of homosexual people. I'm sure we all know why I am quite averse to that form of persecution, but since some perhaps may not, I will spell it out to you. I am a homosexual, and I am proud to be so. If this goes against any particular divine law, as I'm sure it does, then so be it. If any savior wishes to turn me back onto the so-called right path, let them try.

Another problem, one of which was brought to my attention recently by a news article about a victim of rape in the Islamic country Saudi Arabia, [found here: http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...2M2tAvY1nTUpPQ ] whom was thrown in prison for what happened, as well as given 200 lashes with the whip. This is the form of thing that happens in countries where the Qur'An is the law. If you didn't already know, the Qur'An is the Islamic holy text, their Bible. It imposes strict regulations upon women. Regardless of whether the victim serves her prison sentence or not, she will be considered free game for those around her, to abuse her and to rape her as they see fit. Many Islamic families see being raped as the fault of the victim, and the aforementioned victims are alienated from their families. The Bible, though to a lesser degree, does similar.

**** their society.

Pso king, I understand your views on wishing religion to bring a reduction to the troubles and strife of today's society. Unfortunately unless the whole world were to succumb to one religious section, this is not going to happen.

If I don't know what lies beyond
Desire is now the one in control
Am I strong enough to not ever know just what I'd find?
Should I press on?
Old 27-11-2007, 12:53 AM
Wizard

Alright, im gonna end this once and for all
Obviously, religion is more correct than science. Since it is possible that the big bang theory is right, it could very well be wrong, as we cannont duplicate it or prove it
Now, if the big bang theory is real, than that only explains how this planet and the surrounding ones along with the sun were created, now explain to me how the universe was created, what was there BEFORE the universe was created? without the universe, there would be no existance, only a white (or black, how the hell should i know?) abyss, an extension to no-where yet everywhere, how did this universe come into creation? you cant make something as big as the universe without SOMETHING
PSO:BB
Tsukuyomi: 131 PURPLENUM RAmar
(AKA Y): C-mode HUcast
Old 27-11-2007, 04:23 AM
Virtuoso

Send a message via AIM to Cye Zero Send a message via MSN to Cye Zero
Well I must say this thread has become quite an interesting one if I do say so myself. Well here's my two cents.

Science and religion are two seperate yet equal things. Science creates ways for people to understand things that normally can't be understood. Things that excites us and fills our curiosity have been explained through Science. While Religion gives something that people can believe in. Some people feel more comfortable believeing that someone or something is watcing over them keeping them safe. These two subjects have been debated countless times. Science can only give us theories and Religion can only give us hope.

Alot of the things in the bible have come into question; Man-Woman,Man-Man,Woman-Woman. The bible says that they are cursed people for what they are doing. But I personally don't see anything wrong with it. If a guy wants to be with another guy or a girl wants to be with another girl then let them be together. As long as they are happy then I don't see what's the big deal. But to someone who for all there life believed in there god then that would be very insulting.

But both sides do have one thing in common they both give us something t believe in.
Old 27-11-2007, 05:05 AM
Gawd Of Teh Void!

Send a message via AIM to Judgment Send a message via MSN to Judgment Send a message via Yahoo to Judgment
Too much reading for me. TYPE LESS PLX PEOPLE >O
Old 27-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Expert Hunter

Yeah.

I get so scared whenever people start talking about religion or politics in a forum because it never ever ends in an agreement. I can only say that I believe in God and Heavenly items in PSO. ... (whaa, this forum doesn't have a heart emot' icon). Anyway, do continue.
Old 27-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to K_I_R_E_E_K
religion is something ppl can beleive and consider correct at the 1st view.
big bang is science, it took alot of work to come out with that theory and explain when, how, why........, since it's uncertain, ppl move to a "god made it" kind of way.
but again, religion also doesn't have any explanation, it's something to beleive in, something to make your brain think "it's correct"

i had a longer text but IE didn't showed the page and i forgot what i said.