Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Archives > Archived Forums > Phantasy Star Common Room > Hacks & Cheats

Old 09-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via MSN to Serpent7
Also, if they think Sega can't retreive their user data, they're insane, imo. Correct me if I'm wrong, you tecchies, but surely a proxy can still be identified? I mean, the hackers have to send data packets through somehow, and using some service like tracert would get Sega somewhere? Of course, I'm making "guesstimates", if I'm talking out of my behind, someone tell me please.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:16 PM
Lowly Peon

Send a message via AIM to Sariana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent7
Also, if they think Sega can't retreive their user data, they're insane, imo. Correct me if I'm wrong, you tecchies, but surely a proxy can still be identified? I mean, the hackers have to send data packets through somehow, and using some service like tracert would get Sega somewhere? Of course, I'm making "guesstimates", if I'm talking out of my behind, someone tell me please.
See, that's what I figured, too. But, like you, I have no idea if that's right or not. I'd like to think ST can identify whomever they want...but then that makes no sense. Why wouldn't they get rid of those people they know for a fact are hacking? Oh, wait...it's ST. My bad.

Seriously, though, I think it's harder to retrieve user data since it's all pretty much stored in the memory card, even the network settings; it's much easier to get someone's data on BB because everything's stored online in Sega's servers (and mark my words, someone's going to learn how to hack into a player's hard drive using BB some day; I'd bet money on it). In the GC version, it's easy to change the network settings around and switch up proxies, firewalls, and the like, so I guess it'd be kind of hard to trace someone if they keep changing their settings. Of course, I, too, could also be talking out of my butt. XD; I'm not that familiar with network settings and such on the Cube.

That's why I hate that User Abuse form...it requires you to give the abuser's Guild Card number. But hackers never give out their cards, so that kind of defeats the purpose of the form...you pretty much can't complain if you don't know their Card Number. =/
Cheater-turned-legit; never again will I use an Action Replay (except for perhaps a coaster...or an anti-FSOD code ^_~). Before you judge me, remember this: it's not about what you did, but about what you're going to do. And I'm not going to cheat on PSO ever again.

I most often use the following characters:
Kinjita (RAmar)
Nichi (HUmar)
Sariana (HUnewearl)

So hunt me down some time! ^w^
Old 09-06-2005, 06:40 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via AIM to Phantom_RAcast Send a message via MSN to Phantom_RAcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent7
finding there IP address could be difficult if they do a good job of spoofing it. but yeah I'm sure ST could have a auto blocker for harmfull packets
Old 09-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Tsorovan M'Hael

Send a message via Yahoo to Teh EkwEE
RAmar Jay, what is killing the GC servers, is and always will be the hackers, Remember how long it took for the kiddies to get chased off from the DC? They stayed until the very last days, I don't want to wait that long to play online, the way I figure it. If ST wants my money then they'll have to work for, i.e. permanent bans on the *******s...........

Legato, those servers were for the DC........ --;

"How fortunate for those in power that people do not think"-Adolf Hitler
Old 09-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via AIM to Phantom_RAcast Send a message via MSN to Phantom_RAcast
No, ******* also made a gc server
Old 09-06-2005, 09:31 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via MSN to Serpent7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sariana
See, that's what I figured, too. But, like you, I have no idea if that's right or not. I'd like to think ST can identify whomever they want...but then that makes no sense. Why wouldn't they get rid of those people they know for a fact are hacking? Oh, wait...it's ST. My bad.

Seriously, though, I think it's harder to retrieve user data since it's all pretty much stored in the memory card, even the network settings; it's much easier to get someone's data on BB because everything's stored online in Sega's servers (and mark my words, someone's going to learn how to hack into a player's hard drive using BB some day; I'd bet money on it). In the GC version, it's easy to change the network settings around and switch up proxies, firewalls, and the like, so I guess it'd be kind of hard to trace someone if they keep changing their settings. Of course, I, too, could also be talking out of my butt. XD; I'm not that familiar with network settings and such on the Cube.

That's why I hate that User Abuse form...it requires you to give the abuser's Guild Card number. But hackers never give out their cards, so that kind of defeats the purpose of the form...you pretty much can't complain if you don't know their Card Number. =/

We critisize Sega, but you know, maybe it's a tough job keeping everything going. =/

I never thought about this before, but I recently broke into my school system. Reason is my business. The sysadmin knew it was me, (as I have a bit of a reputation) and called me in. And you know what, I haven't noticed it before, but he looked so tired. I thought about it, and decided that sitting infront of that screen all day, CAN be tiring. Don't laugh, because I know what it's like.

Anyway, my point is, Sega probably are doing something about it.

Whatever the case though, this is too big an event to be ignored. Sega WILL do something about it, but I think that perhaps they'll do it discreetly. Why? Because they don't want bad publicity.

I personally believe that either:

a) The technicians at Sega don't know much about what they're doing...

Or b) They do know what they're doing, but it takes time.

(Sorry for long post... )
Old 09-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Lowly Peon

blah blah blah u whiny bitches
Old 09-06-2005, 11:50 PM
Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh EkwEE
And you can suck my balls, you inexperienced lil' hacking ****.....You know NOTHING about hacking, other than what you can do with that 30 dollar disk you bought at the local Wal-Mart. Chupas mis juevos. Todos los dias...........yes that's right. You suck my balls. Everyday.........
Yeah, nice one Ekwee... talking at his level really won't help this situation. You're staff member, try to be more polite?

This thread is considerd locked now...

Tenchi Muyo in love 3