Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Phantasy Star > Phantasy Star Online 2

Old 12-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to K_I_R_E_E_K
PSO 2 hacked

Yes, there have been ppl cheating here and there, broomop is an example, but very recently someone or a group of ppl decided to go further and made all npcs in the game room unaccessible by making them float in the air (Ship02), since you can never jump that high then you can never talk to them.

Sega already said to be investigating the issue and that no personal info was stolen.
They even state that the users that caused this speaked english and that they were expression their hate because PSO2 doesn't have global servers.

Some japanese players decided to make some chat avaiable to the public, wich may help identify who was the blame

If you saw this issue and know who did it, or if you saw other infractions then you can report the users here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sega
We are aware of certain block in Ship 2 having NPC maliciously misplaced, and are working on a counter measure, we apologize for the inconvience

We are still investigating the NPC positon change, there is no threat to your ingame data or personal information, please don't worry.

PSA on Malicious Account activity
75 Account have been banned since 06/21~07/12 due to RMT, or other Term of Service violation, Sega takes these violation very seriously, and will deal with them strictly.

Last edited by K_I_R_E_E_K; 12-07-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Adept Hunter

Really pisses me off how hackers are always trying to make a "statement" and in the end they fail at it. They're trying to get Sega to change the way they handle PSO2 in hopes of it bettering the game overall, yet they only succeeded in making them tired of us foreigners. After all of this ****, who can blame them?

SoJ was nice enough to allow us to play on their servers and some idiots decide to try and make a statement towards those that weren't even involved with NA/EU PSO/PSU.
Old 13-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Hmm... that's good to know :/

Hopefully they'll be more on it if it's still in testing or it's brand new & they're trying to get people in!!
Old 16-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Star Raider

Wow, how did they even manage that? PSO was open to massive exploits because all it took was altering your own data, but Isn't stuff like this stored in Sega's remote servers? Was this full-on movie-style key-bashing hacking? Just for that?
Old 17-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Virtuoso

Send a message via MSN to dnd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulkie View Post
Wow, how did they even manage that? PSO was open to massive exploits because all it took was altering your own data, but Isn't stuff like this stored in Sega's remote servers? Was this full-on movie-style key-bashing hacking? Just for that?
Not sure how it was done, but in the pre-open beta it was possible to push other players by just running into them (It also pushed them around on their screen) so I imagine some no-clip fun (somehow) and npcs were pushed as well.

You cant do this anymore, as other players dont move on their screen and reset after afew feet - i assume thats the fix for npcs aswell

Currently hunting: Rika's claw (69 Dark Falz kills so far)
Old 18-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Administrator

So they are fixing things?

I like the sound of that
Old 21-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Virtuoso

It appears that the npcs have been hacked again, using exploits people have been using techs in the lobby (you can't normally). afew maintenance's have been deployed already to fix it.

It seems pso2 is still easy to exploit, but the fixes are quick at least. They are also looking at giving people who brought the premium pack with arcs cash something for all the downtime because of the issues.

Old 23-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Star Raider

Hasn't Sega learned anything from every MMO that's come out in the past decade?
Old 24-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Virtuoso

Guess the 3ds doesnt like editing posts lol, anyway as compensation for the large amount of downtime they are giving out some item codes.

For those that brought arcs cash, you get a code for 5x 1 day premium tickets. For everyone you get a code for 500FUN points, used on a scratch card for items used for the my room feature, items for grinding and other misc stuff.

Old 24-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Administrator

So they're still fixing everything as it happens/gets reported and they're rewarding those losing out?

Awesome!!! Although surely this is stuff that should have appeared from the BETA...? Isn't that the point of a test session? :/ lol