Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Archives > Archived Forums > Information > Site Updates

Old 29-03-2012, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to K_I_R_E_E_K
A specific server advertisement

I'll try and keep it simple, most ppl play or know a specific server to play PSO and they often recomend it due to the population, updates,.... that they have.
Well, the server uses a very doubtfull donation management in wich they appeal to ppl to donate and even give incentives such as 2x exp, from very early sometimes they requested donations right after another request, making users question where did the previous donations went.

Now, there is another problem, as you might know you can't sell items for real money, same way you can't buy hacked items, the administration uses a strategy that not only they violate the rules they impose, but also makes me make this topic.
Long short story, crono and zero xd decided to do a scam, they would sell items (gm made) for actual money and use the money for themselves and for that they impersonated broomop, wich is smart because any complain coming from him would fall on def ears, he has a bad reputation and no one would believe him, on top of this, they would ban the user after receiving the money, meaning the user would be unable to complain, topics on forums are easily deleted, gm reports must be aproved (i think) and you're banned in the game.

After some time, some ppl figured out and crono asked zero xd to take the full blame, as stupid as it may be, zero took all the damage and eventually the scam kept going.

So yes, they were banning users that bought the items from themselves.

My point is this, since they scam on the forum, in the game and even use other forums to gain extra money, do the users of ragol.co.uk think it's still ok to able to pronounce the sc******? I'm asking this because i feel that talking about it, recomending it, linking to it,.... is the same as linking to a scam, we are directing users to a place where the admins will use all tactics to extract money from the players, giving the reason "it's to help the server" as an escuse, or if things go wrong they will use other users or the staff itself as cannon fodder.

So putting it simple, should we follow the same rules that PSO-world has? (not in the sense of blocking all server's names but that one in particular)
All opnions are valid and since Lee-Y is here, maybe he should give some input

As a personal note, i have already informed my youtubers of the situation, stating that all the messages containing that server name will be deleted, after that i took some time to delete most comments that advertise the server.

Have fun reading:
http://forum.diadu.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30
Old 30-03-2012, 04:18 AM
Master Hunter

Whoa...I didn't know that went on, I knew about that donation, and I didn't give any money anyway, because I would never use money on pso. Those gm people really are pretty rude for trying stuff like that.

It make me think twice about playing on there, but then again all my long and hard work is on there too..... Quite a pickle indeed.
Old 31-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

I understand perfectly that they indeed made their place in PSO history and something like this is drastic, but i am seriously thinking about it.

Made a blog post, yes it's a wall of text, i find it hard to keep my blog posts simple.
http://kireekpso.wordpress.com/2012/...ck-going-down/
Old 01-04-2012, 12:58 AM
Star Raider

Stories like this make me extra sad that Sega shuts their servers down.

If EQ and Ultima Online can keep their servers up sega could have done something to keep PSO up.

If true, the private server in question should get no support from any fan site.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Administrator

So, if I understand it correctly, someone responsible for the server is collecting money for items from someone, then deleting that person's profile and every complaint they make about it so it can't be traced, and the money is not being used for server management?

Gotta say, if that's right... That's pretty ****ty. Maybe it's time someone contacted SEGA about this and got this server shutdown and taken to court so users can reclaim their money (If possible) or at least feel justified!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Players are beeing banned left and right for no reason, buying items from the admin seems to be one of them.
I believe that the mentality is to get rid of players that have hacked equips, so they lure them out by selling items,after that the player is banned but the money is never returned.
They also seem to sell items even if they don't advertise the deal, this way they can apply the money on all sort of things because they don't count as donations.
It's simple, if they sell items under the table, no one knows, if they seel items on a forum using broomop's name then they ban the player.
What logic is this? i have no idea.
And then we have the donations, wich unfortunatly no one knows it's actual value, but with +8000$ beeing made by seeling items, i believe donations are not needed.

As a result support for the game droped drasticly and some players are moving elsewhere, probably some of the staff didn't like the scams either.

I already reported the situation to paypal and they are now "investigating" the stuff, i don't have my hopes up but it's worth a try.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Rookie Amateur

From what I've seen, support for the server hasn't drastically decreased, it's actually increased. The week the scandal story came out, the population actually went up, not down. There's still 2 more days of numbers to collect this week, but unless this morning and tomorrow have a sharp decline, the numbers are looking to be on par to be normal, or even slightly higher than normal, for this week as well.

Even the donation topic seems to have had a little spike of activity and it seems like more people are donating. I don't have access to the raw numbers though, so the best I can do is guage it by posts made in the forum.

Even the Antihack file hasn't generated much resentment. I even went in-game and asked in the lobby what people thought, and most of them didn't care about it. I was surprised that more people didn't have a problem with it.

For Blue Burst, it's business as usual. It apparently hasn't hurt the server in any way.

I'm rather surprised actually. When this story came out, it seemed like it was going to do a lot of damage. When anti-hack was released, that also seemed like it was going to further the damage. But the huge server apocallypse that was predicted over this didn't happen. The server actually got a little stronger. Even with the harsh bannings that users have been suffering for bringing up the topics, the community hasn't done any real backlash. I'm really surprised that this is how it turned out. It's certainly not the results I expected.

Last edited by Cranberry; 06-04-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
From what I've seen, support for the server hasn't drastically decreased, it's actually increased.
Really? The last staff member that posted on the support section was lee and crono, because after this incident topics left unsolved are the majority in the support section, some of them are related to the new updates and how they can't play.
One player was even banned because the staff decided to ban him after seeing that he was detected with hacks of some sort, i believe you know that the new recent antihack.dll actually tags several programs as "potential hacking tools" suchs as media players, image editors, menssaging programs.
When the user questioned crono, crono replied like this.
Quote:
Only people that bitch about it are hacking, so **** you. If you were actually someone that cared and were legit, you'd at least know we're trying to kill off hackers. Having windows up that close pso is easily solved by not having them up. 200+ players on the server don't bitch, why do you? Obvious hacks.
Obviously lack of support is obvious, so i don't even need to say much really.

Quote:
the population actually went up, not down
most players in any version of pso register, play a few weeks and then give up, even if the server stoped working for 3 or 4 months it would regain population shortly after, because users eventually by googling would find the server and join, the users would be unaware of the past and keep playing, possibly even donating (that's why i reported the issue to paypal)
Sylverant server also has 2000 different guild cards yet there are only like 10 regulars. (they come, they play, they leave)

Quote:
Even the donation topic seems to have had a little spike of activity and it seems like more people are donating
Probably because i sent over 70 Pms to the donators quoting the posts and then redirecting them to diadu topic, some apreciated, some didn't and some already knew about the situation.

Quote:
Even the Antihack file hasn't generated much resentment
Really, the posts over pso-world and the new influx of players at eden server says another story, some ppl just don't like how things are beeing handled and they blame the file as 1 of the reasons

Quote:
I was surprised that more people didn't have a problem with it.
But some do, but that's not the reason i'm taking the support over here, it's the scam that matters, i also don't care about what they insert into pso.

Resuming, my blog post stays the same, my report to paypal stays the same, my view on the server stays the same, the comments at youtube will continue to be deleted and all i need is the word from lee-yoshi to censor the server name in this forum. (this will prevent users from going to that server after viewing a post on ragol.co.uk, this forum is not to be used to redirect users to scams)

Yes, i have lot's of things against the server, but that's not the topic is about, the server/forum are used to promote a scam and they use all kinds of strategies to accomplish that, i can't simply stay here and recomend the server for others to play, i'm not talking about unfair bans, hipocrisy, corruption or server updates, i'm talking about the real life money.

Last edited by K_I_R_E_E_K; 06-04-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Rookie Amateur

I wasn't sure what you meant by "Support". You're talking about the technical support forum? I haven't really ever kept up with that area, it's a forum I generally don't look at since I can't help them troubleshoot their PC issues anyways. I thought by "Support" you meant how many people were still playing on it.

For Antihack, there's been some complaints but not nearly to the degree I expected. I'm surprised at just how tame it's actually been.

I'm not asking you to change blog entries nor am I defending anything that has been done on the server. I'm simply saying that I am surprised that the player population hasn't suffered any noticeable blows from recent news.

You edited your post since I last saw it, so I'll edit a little as well.

For real life money, this is really something that there is little room for debate on.

Anyone guilty of a scam should be held accountable for it. There's no denying that to scam others is wrong.

Last edited by Cranberry; 06-04-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 16-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator

From the information that i now have, all mentions of the server have been censored, users are still free to talk about private servers, discuss trades on them, events,.....
As for that specific server, as a plain scam, Ragol.co.uk will no longer recomend/link/support it to anyone that wants to play PSO, if you find it then this website didn't aid you in any way.

Thanks.