Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Phantasy Star > Phantasy Star Online

Old 09-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Lowly Peon

Icon5 Question

I'm new to the fourm... I didn't see a welcomes subforum. But anyway here is my question:

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where I could buy a legit UK version of PSO Blue Burst or PSO episode 1 for pc?

I have looked on Amazon and Ebay, but nothing comes up. Only PSO episode 1 and 2 for Xbox and GameCube or Universe for pc and Xbox 360.

Thanks. ^^;;
Old 09-12-2008, 02:37 AM
Expert Hunter

Hm, not that I know of. Definitely not for PSOBB. That one used to be download-only from the SEGA PSOBB website. The English SEGA PSOBB servers closed down for good early this year, and PSOBB is online-only, so you'll have to turn to the private server for that.

Hi! Welcome to the forums.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Lowly Peon

I heard BB was online only and I believe it only came out a few years ago (2-3?) but was unsure if rumours were true. Also I am aware of the dirty trick (that's just putting it politely) Sega pulled.

From what I was told they were going to perform one last maintenance upgrade to the servers and then were just going to leave them alone. However that changed pretty quick, since in their words to one of my friends. "The amount of people active in the PSO community isn't enough for us warrant keeping our servers up to date or open any more." Which we knew was total bs since they only happened to decide this after the flop of PSU. (sorry to any fans out there don't take offence)

The reason I know how popular it was, was that I knew at lest 6 people online played on the official servers and they were pretty much pissed when they were told servers would be up for a few more months only to be shut down when they were suppose to make the final upgrade. Plus I was kinda naughty and downloaded PSO on pc and played it on the unofficial servers and back then (3 years ago) there were at lest 4 active servers with hundreds of people on them.

I do have BB and just E1 on pc stored... since me and my bf can't remember from the life of us how to get E1 running without it acting up. As for BB that keeps messing around with the resolution of our screen. @_@

I have the downloads but wanted to buy legit versions, hoping that I could play them on pc. (on the unofficial servers too) We downloaded it for Xbox and Dreamcast as well.

I know what you're thinking "Xbox version is online only" Not when you have a soft modded Xbox and download a crack version so you can access the offline mode... >.>

Anyway thanks for the welcome. ^^
Old 09-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to K_I_R_E_E_K
The problem is that ppl moved to ******** wich was a free server, so the pso bb servers got into a situation where the ppl that played didn't justified the costs, not to mention the problems with connecting, so they shuted down the server the same way they did for other versions.

There is indeed a PSO PC and a PSO BB disk, however they are worthless since pso bb can be downloaded and pso pc can also be downloaded.

I recomend ******** servers, they will give you all the suport you need.
If you want to play pso bb on the official japanese servers then all i can say is to go here:
http://psobb.jp
Old 09-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Lowly Peon

Ok thanks.

I know they both can be downloaded. But I just wanted to own them legitimately. =/
Old 09-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Ok thanks.

I know they both can be downloaded. But I just wanted to own them legitimately. =/
There is no legitimate copy of PSOBB, on disc. I don't think it was ever released on CD, period. It's always been free to download.

If you want I can make a mock up and mail it to you?
Old 09-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Lowly Peon

That would be great yes please. <3
Old 09-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Staff Member

Wait I found this:

o_o
Old 09-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Lowly Peon

Yeah I saw that... can't remember when. Hence why I asked if anyone knew where I could buy them from. ^^;;
Old 09-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to K_I_R_E_E_K
Yep, anti found it.

*tries ebay*

nope, i don't know really, but a online store is probably the best place.