Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Banter > General Chat

Old 01-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Legendary Champion

Send a message via MSN to jarl
computer geeks please read

i have a slight problem, and i have just thought of a solution to it. i keep on getting the windows that say 'you are sdownloading abc from xyz.com. do you trust content from xyz.com?' and theres a little check box that says 'always trust content from xyz.com' is there one that you can tick anywhere that says 'never trust content from xyz.com' as they're REALLY annoying popups and im worried im going to be pressing enter when one pops up and WAM!! i select 'yes' and 300000000 viruses all have access to my comp. o joy.... any ideas?
Old 01-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Knight

Pop up blocker....

Ad Aware

An anti virus system of some sort

Open IE, go to the menu bar

Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Check the box that says block popups then go to the settings for that and choose the highest level of protection.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:51 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via MSN to Serpent7
I'm sorry, but ignoring it isn't the answer. If something's auto-downloading, you need to get rid of it.

Download XoftSpy ( http://www.xoftspy.com ) and tell me what you get.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Knight

My grandpa had the same problem as that as well. No program could get rid of it period. All the programs i used would detect it, but nothing happened as the program would just freeze. The only alternative i suggest is just format the drive now. Not all anti spyware programs are 100% for ne thing. Some have flaws, some can get rid of certain ads and such when others cant.

And the window u keep getting, will always keep coming. Until u actually find a way to get rid of it or nuke the drive as said earlier.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:23 AM
Staff Member

Send a message via MSN to Serpent7
I refuse to accept that any spyware is removable.

If they detect it, you can remove it yourself anyway, btw.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Legendary Champion

OK, DOING THE SCAN. 210 AND COUNTING, I COUNTED over 20 (ignore caps) severe threats. two are autoupdate, i thought that was something to do with windows though? into the 300's now....
o ****.i just came back and it has found.... 2512. ranging from minor annoynce to high threat. what sohuld i look for? worms? malware? data mine? BHO? trojans??

ok, there seem to be some fairly obvious viruses, such as dyfuca, randomly named trojan, troj/trofgar AW, adware p2pnetworking. there are a lot of cookie types, and one that seems to be there a lot is PeopleOnPage. wild tangent have about 350 files it found, claria/gain/gator/dashbar is another with one hell of a lotm aparently its a data miner and theres 1700 odd of em.their only classed as annoyance though, but this thing IS an annoyance

i just had another look, theres something called 'orbitexplorer' and it has 50 odd high threat items.

ive just realised from when i did a virus scan on my comp before and it found 1300, that my comp has had nearly 4000 viruses of various types on it since it was first used... ouch!

Last edited by jarl; 03-09-2005 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Knight

Wow, it would just be easier to back up important information and your serial numbers for your anti virus and spyware stuff then wipe the hard drive. That amount of viruses is insane.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:45 PM
Legendary Champion

i know im thinking of sticking in a system checkpoint, ticking them all then hitting 'remove' and see what happens, if my comp kills itself then i can go back to the checkpoint )unless it totally dies )
Old 03-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via AIM to Phantom_RAcast Send a message via MSN to Phantom_RAcast
wtf are you doing on the internet?! You might wanna stop using IE and switch to something more secure.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Legendary Champion

turns out you have to buy it, ill have a chat with my dad when he gets home and see what he says. thanks for the program guys.#

ok, im gueessing this is bad news- i ran it agian, and its running now but it just got one called logus starr pro key logger. its also finding one hell of a lot of wild tagents. have i said that?

Last edited by jarl; 03-09-2005 at 08:24 PM.