Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Phantasy Star > Phantasy Star Online

Old 24-08-2005, 08:12 AM
Hero

Send a message via AIM to Lee Xao Vue
ill say agn HE WONT QUIT !!!!!
ill make sure of that
thats why im mailing him a free 251 memory card so he can get his stuff back and so that he dont quit GC ^.^
and since he lives very close to me it shouldnt costme much either ^.^

Blade Reaper- Fortefighter(7) - Lv.51- Beast- Female
Troi - FighGunner(4) - lv.47 - cast - male
Thrustmaster3000 - Ranger(1) - lv .1 - cast- male
Dark Mousy - ForteTecher(1) - lv.11 - Newman -Male
Myspace Mail me
Old 24-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Legendary Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetNomad
NO. NO NO NO TEN THOUSAND TIMES NO. >_<

Ivan, dude, go to EU. Talk with us, usually some of us are on, especially at night. I've been playing a heavy amount of cmode lately but that's almost done now, I'll be back to normal play tomorrow night with any luck. Do NOT go anywhere in the US ships, geez man, thought you were smarter than that for all the time you've been on GC. :P

All you people who got FSODed need to quit whining and go to the EU and JP ships. If you get run over by a car, it's because you were standing in the middle of the highway; it's nobody's fault but your own. I have sympathy for the newbs who got FSODed, but they learn quickly. As for the rest of us, it's pointless to whine about how much you think GC sucks just because of a handful of ships you don't even GO to. Let the script kiddies stir in their own juices and get on with your life.

In contrast, BB: Four characters max, costs more, it's already being hacked (don't even try to tell me they won't figure out how to do the same stuff they can do on GC), server-side saving means if the server itself gets hacked (which is NOT out of the question, don't kid yourselves), everybody's chars are kaput... and if you leave your characters get dumped in 90 days (so you pay every 3 months just to keep ST from killing your chars, nice... talking to ST to keep your account active? I doubt it, they won't keep your chars forever). Besides those things, guess what? It's the same freakin game! The only noteworthy thing BB has going for it is ep4, but that's no reason to sacrifice months (for many of us, years) of work on our GC characters. The only logical reason to quit GC PSO is if you're quitting PSO period... and I'll do that eventually myself. But at least I know I can always pop in my memcard and dust off one of my old characters a couple years from now.

I've heard from several people who swear they can juggle both. I've also seen several of those people turn their back on me and cite some lame excuse for quitting GC. If you think you can juggle em both, more power to you, but know your limits. I know I couldn't juggle them both, which is yet another reason I'm not playing BB (I'd consider it if they removed the 90 day rule and allowed client-side saving along with server side... yeah... someone be sure to tell me when hell freezes over).

In short: we're not dead, Ivan, we still want to play, don't cancel. Popular <> sensible.
haha yea... ST still isn't very active, I know someone who is very profanic and got reprted 8 times-he still has his account on BB though :p GC servers > BB. The reason why I loathe the fact people that play GC Online is because no one has many friends there that they know from Ragol >_> or PSOW. PSO is about playing with firends, thus I have BB (nontheless GC sounds like hell, very expensive, and has no team sytem, Ep4 sucks so..).

And by the way, Gameguard released Cheat Engine on BB a few dyas ago, this prvents all Script kiddie activity , erm, ask Moonwraith.

Heres me sitting next to a hacker on BB :) yes, there are hackers in BB, the Bluefull FOnl..

Last edited by A.S.; 24-08-2005 at 11:07 AM.
Old 24-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.S.
And by the way, Gameguard released Cheat Engine on BB a few dyas ago, this prvents all Script kiddie activity , erm, ask Moonwraith.
They didn't release it, they blocked it. CE was what a lot of the script kiddies were using to cheat, and now it has been blocked the ability to cheat is limited to those few people who can actually hack I believe, whereas most people using CE couldn't hack their way out of a wet paper bag with a machete in their hands.

So yeah, some dupes are obviously floating around since it's difficult to get rid of them, even though the current method of duping has been stopped. Raven2x got his hands on an SJS and duped it a few times before giving them out. Seems everybody stupid enough to take them got banned though.

The PSUniverse Item Database
Old 24-08-2005, 01:22 PM
Staff Member

Well while we're trashing ST, try to remember that the reason they do little is that they have a severe lack of funding. Why is this, because no one bought their dreamcast to play PSO on in the first place! How many of you played DC. I know I did, and I know there are others here who did to but there are many who trash ST who did not support them when they needed us so just think about that...
Old 24-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Legendary Champion

Now we actually pay them money *kills ST*

Ivan so.. keeping GC PSO or what ? less activity on BB then .. :(
Old 24-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Shadow Council

Send a message via MSN to Jimbo1990
I was gonna quit gc pso but it seems my empty hunter licence credit has done that for me! lol
Old 24-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Expert Hunter

Ivan, I remember playing with you on the GC, during the very short ammount of time I was on.. Sure it is a sad thing that the gameplay was almost totally destroyed for the GC version, but all of us knew it was unevitable..

Do yourself a favour and give up on the console version.. You can still have good times with your friends on BB, and being the pc version, cheating might be slowed down if sonic team actually bother working this time..

By the way:
Quote:
try to remember that the reason they do little is that they have a severe lack of funding.
Ah, that must explain how they mess up the camera on the sonic 3D games or how gay the SH's lines were. Now I understand that the funding that has occurred for years hasn't helped them in anyway

Blue Burst Characters
Thesord HUcast lv. 152 Redria
Old 24-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Staff Member

Yeah their funding hasnt helped them any. PSU will be their make or break.
Old 24-08-2005, 05:03 PM
ZEEKY BOOGY DOOG

Send a message via AIM to whiteninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteninja
On BB if you go 90 days without coughing up the dough, [< A.S.'s bold] ST will delete all your characters. But I think if you're going to be unable to play for over 3 months, you can email them and tell them to not delete them for a period of time.[< whiteninja's underline]
Notify ST, they'll keep your account active, I read this in the ToS.
Read the whole thing before trying to point out someone being wrong.

Sega has enough money. Those HL's cost plenty enough... especially for the quality of the service.
Old 24-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Staff Member

Well on the bright side. Phantasy Star is one of the cheapest pay to play MMORPGs, but I suppose due to the quality of the servers and services, a higher price would make people just quit after their free days were done.