Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Community > Help!

Old 13-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via MSN to Poo Fly
Crashing

Maybe you guys can help out, i'll post this on the god awful official boards too, maybe one of the damned can shed some light on it also.

My PSU crashes! the screen goes black, followed by a box with the message "switched windows, PSU.exe will now end"

after this, i get a pop up from ati saying that the graphics cards had a problem and asks if i want to report it.

This happens so often that i can rarely complete an entire mission, with bruces dungeon out it means i endanger everyone in my party, today i screwed them all out of loads of everything, it makes it that much more annoying.

This never used to happen, nothing, that i know of, has changed between it working fine and now. It's just died.

Our Graphics card is a ATI radeon 9550, is it just time to get a new one? because i'm out of cash.

and if it influences it in any way, we use two hard drives, a smaller one which runs windows 2000, and the other where everything is stored.

i dont want to hinder anyone else ingame, its not fair i now drag others down aswell as me.

EDIT: new info stolen from someone with the same problem, opens up the possibility that this was caused by a gameguard update. it started happening to the other around the last gameguard update.

Last edited by Poo Fly; 13-01-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Old 14-01-2007, 03:24 AM
Staff Member

Hmm... PSU only should bring up that error message when:
A. Your resolution changes
B. You switch users on XP
So uhhh... that's kinda weird... it probably is something that was caused by Sega that doesn't agree with your video card.

What I suggest trying is going to the ATI website, finding the latest "drivers" for your video card, and installing those. Also, what make is your computer? I know some brands have drivers specific to them... like for my Dell laptop, I have to go to Dell's website to get any drivers, because the official ones from ATI don't even see my video card...

So basically... make sure the latest video drivers are installed. If they are, and it still crashes, it's most likely Sega's fault.
Old 14-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Team PSUniverse.net-X

Right, I think I know how to fix this. There's a way to roll-back/remove gameguard, but I can't remember how to do it. I think you just go into your program files, and then cut and paste them onto the desktop, then try that. If it doesn't work, put it back.

It might work. ^_^''
Old 14-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Staff Member

I believe Poo Fly already fixed it anyways by disabling Mip-Mapping from the advanced settings on PSU. Hopefully that did do the trick. XD
Old 14-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Staff Member

it did! sort of, it still happens, but a lot less frequently now, i think, its a bit early to say :p
Old 14-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via AIM to Ivan Send a message via MSN to Ivan Send a message via Skype™ to Ivan
If not. Try running it in windows mode instead. I used to get that error when I played Blue Burst on full screen and an IM popped up on AIM.

How much memory does the card have anywho?
Originally Posted by Comments
The servers are not updated, maintained by, or have anything to do with Sonic Team or the SEGA Corporation.
And thank god for that!!
Still rocking pso on GC and BB...on that server that everyone knows about.

Let's Go, The Only Way We Know, Taking You Out. - Lostprophets
Old 14-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Staff Member

I have no idea to be honest, i shall try to find out :3

and i play in windows mode :p thats what confused me first off.

EDIT 256mb :3 but it must be pretty old now.

Last edited by Poo Fly; 14-01-2007 at 10:39 PM.