Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Banter > General Chat

Old 07-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Icon4 GameBoy Kills Kiddies!!!

Aparently some kid died on holiday recently after plugging in his gameboy charger on holiday on thailand. As usual our friendly media press had this to say on the subject:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo-Europe.com
Nintendo of Europe have responded to the recent news that a boy was killed whilst charging his Game Boy.

Videogames are the spawn of Satan. Well, they're not, but there's a lot of people in this world who truely believe that, and would like you to believe it, too.

News has reached us that a boy, Connor O'Keefe, was killed last Saturday whilst on holiday in Thailand, allegedly after unplugging his Game Boy charger from the socket. Headlines have been printed in numerous reliable tabloids, including The Sun and The Mirror, such as "Killed by Game Boy".

Local police have said the victim was still wet from just having gotten out of the hotel pool. Sensationalism at its best? A really tragic accident? Or, are Nintendo really to blame?

Nintendo have commented on the situation, and have offered its sincere condolences to the family of Connor O'Keefe. Details of the accident are currently unclear so we are unable to make any further comment at this stage."

More as it breaks.
And then this also comes in not long after...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo-Europe.com
The outspoken Tory MP has claimed it is time to "garotte the Game Boy and paralyse the PlayStation"

Outspoken Tory MP Boris Johnson has sensationally slammed videogames, and blamed them for the reason why children are reading less and less in today's society.

According to Johnson, 89 per cent of UK homes with children also contain a videogames console. He also claimed that the number of computer games per household were high in Britain, and more so than in any other EU country.

Writing in the telegraph, Johnson claimed: "Millions of seven to 15 year olds are hooked, especially boys, and it is time someone had the guts to stand up, cross the room and just say no to Nintendo.

Johnson has also blamed videogames for the reason why an influx of students are applying for University without the correct, or adequate writing skills. "I refuse to believe that these hypnotic little machines are innocent ... These possessions are not so much an index of wealth as a cause of ignorance and underachievement and, yes, poverty," he continued.

"The nippers are bleeping and zapping in speechless rapture, their passive faces washed in explosions and gore. They sit for so long that their souls seem to have been sucked down the cathode ray tube.

"They become like blinking lizards, motionless, absorbed, only the twitching of their hands showing they are still conscious. These machines teach them nothing. They stimulate no ratiocination, discovery or feat of memory."

Only Boris would be capable of such a tirade!
Oh dear, all i can say is LOL! Of course my best wishes go out to the family currently grieving the death of their son, but i'm more LOL'in about everything else here
Old 07-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Master Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Namillus
Well, the Tories have lost my vote.

O wate, I only just became elegible!

Let's all blame videogames, instead of an ignorant boy's inability to take the proper precautions wihle unplugging electrical hardware!

Also:
Quote:
They become like blinking lizards, motionless, absorbed, only the twitching of their hands showing they are still conscious. These machines teach them nothing. They stimulate no ratiocination, discovery or feat of memory.
Lol wut?
A keyboard is now mine. Fear my fast-typing skills. I play the PS2 version of PSU.
I live in the UK, meaning my timezone's GMT.

Last edited by Namillus; 07-01-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Virtuoso

Besides the fact that the kid died in the end, that is hilarious. Even more hilarious is the reaction to it, 'Video games are evil!' HA! I just hope they don't come into our houses with holy water and spray us to death...

^I like my PSO characters ^and my egg (may he rest in peace) ^and my PSU characters! ^ Organization 13 :p
Axel: "Now that all of your cards are gone, I will eat yoooou!" Larxene: "Sorry Axel-you couldn't eat your way out of...air!"
Old 08-01-2007, 07:46 AM
Adept Hunter

Hahaha, that's pretty funny, except for the part where the kid gets killed. But, that guy does have a point though. Maybe it would be better for kids to pick up a book and read every once in a while, but I don't think videogames are bad. Well, not all of them, at least.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Knight

hehehe garotte the gameboy... hehehehehe
Old 08-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Star Raider

A child has died, and that's tragic.

But it it necessary or even relevant to blame video games for not only this but also for ALL of society's problems? Of course not, these people are just stupid. Besides, varies studies have shown that video games make your hand-eye co-ordination better, and RPGs have a HELL of a lot of text to read. Plus, the Wii is pretty much a cardiovascular workout.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to K_I_R_E_E_K
i feel sorry for him

about people beeing hooked, that is not the games fault, everyone must have conscience about that, you only become hooked if you want.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Master Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Namillus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster375
Hahaha, that's pretty funny, except for the part where the kid gets killed. But, that guy does have a point though. Maybe it would be better for kids to pick up a book and read every once in a while, but I don't think videogames are bad. Well, not all of them, at least.
Only the crap games are a dark blight on our society. Unfortunately, more people play the crap games than not.
A keyboard is now mine. Fear my fast-typing skills. I play the PS2 version of PSU.
I live in the UK, meaning my timezone's GMT.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulkie
varies studies have shown that video games make your hand-eye co-ordination better, and RPGs have a HELL of a lot of text to read. Plus, the Wii is pretty much a cardiovascular workout.
Just what me and im sure everyone else is thinking, RPG's have way more content than probabily any book that's on the market and is just plain more better! Games (Especially Nintendo games!) seem to be becoming more excersise machinery than anything else and people are buying into it more and more... so surely by saying 'No to Nintendo', you're saying 'Let our kids be fat'... but hold on, aren't the government trying to cut obesiety! Instead of giving them ****ty food they're not gonna eat, they should be giving kids free Wii's!
Old 08-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Gawd Of Teh Void!

Send a message via AIM to Judgment Send a message via MSN to Judgment Send a message via Yahoo to Judgment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-yoshi
Just what me and im sure everyone else is thinking, RPG's have way more content than probabily any book that's on the market and is just plain more better! Games (Especially Nintendo games!) seem to be becoming more excersise machinery than anything else and people are buying into it more and more... so surely by saying 'No to Nintendo', you're saying 'Let our kids be fat'... but hold on, aren't the government trying to cut obesiety! Instead of giving them ****ty food they're not gonna eat, they should be giving kids free Wii's!
TESTIFY!! :3