Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Games > Console Games

Old 24-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Staff Member

Xbox 360

If you wanna share rumors, talk about official announcements made by Microsoft, or simply chat about how great this next-generation console will truly be, you've found the right place! Enjoy!
Old 25-06-2005, 01:07 AM
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to ~Buddah~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Buddah~
i like the idea of being able to transfer your xbl account from you, old xbox also that you dont have to have a creditcard to purchas a xbl account.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Rookie Amateur

i have heard different things that either the ps3 is going to be more powerful then the xbox 360 but then i hear the xbox 360 is mor epowerful then the ps3 im so confussed im goign to get 360 first though
EpIII
Devil Power: Clvl 15
Old 18-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Administrator

This week there's a big games conference in Germany, and Microsoft wanted to steal some of everyone else's thunder by making an big announcement concerning their next generation console, the Xbox 360. The details they revealed? The price! A date however has still not be narrowed down from 'Christmas Time-ish'.

The machine will be available this christmas in two forms. You can either go out and buy yourselves a 'basic' Xbox 360, or a, well, much better Xbox 360! See what i mean below:
  • 'Basic' Xbox 360 Package
  • Xbox 360 Console (With Chill/White Console Faceplates)
  • Xbox 360 Controller
  • Price Point: 209.99 (299.99 Euro's)
  • 2nd Xbox 360 Package
  • Xbox 360 Console (With Metallic & Chill/White Console Faceplates)
  • Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
  • 20Gb HDD
  • Xbox Live Headset
  • Xbox Live Silver Membership
  • HDTV Cable
  • Ethernet Cable
  • Playback Remote Control
  • Price Point: 279.99 (399.99 Euro's)
As far as we know, the 'Basic' Xbox 360 package comes with no hdd - So i'm guessing that to save games, you'll need to go out and buy yourselves some memory cards. As you can see though, for an extra 70, you get a lot more for your money. The packages will also be the same in other parts of the world including Australia and America when the console gets it's simultaneous worldwide release.
Old 18-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Staff Member

Does Gates really expect to make many sales with prices like that? I mean, after you get the memory cards, a decent hardrive, the correct audio/video cables for your television, AND an actual game the price of the whole thing is ridiculous, and accordingly the PS3 is supposed to be even MORE expensive... I sure hope the revolution stays as cheap as most Nintendo systems have been.
Old 18-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Knight

With the current state of the Gamecube in the UK (all but disappearing) and the Revolution possibly not being released until 2007, I think the Xbox360 is shaping up to be a good alternative. Of course, with a total lack of info on how the Revolution is shaping up controller and hardware wise, and very little in hard support from 3rd parties already stung by the N64 and Gamecube, it's no suprise I see the Xbox360 as a good alternative.

Regards

UK Jester

http://www.myspace.com/jaklaschka
Old 18-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Yup, yup, Xbox 360 is already getting a lot of support from lots of big players in the game, including SEGA with Full Auto and Condemned due for release at the launch of Xbox 360.

** Insider info ** If you want to get one for this christmas/this year though, you'll HAVE to pre-order it at your local game store/online retailer fast when pre-orders start. Microsoft are actually going to be shipping more of the original Xbox console then Xbox 360 consoles into Europe during the christmas period!

For what you're getting though, especially with the 279 package, it's not all that bad value for money wise. Xbox Live is the best online games service around (Membership which comes included), and you get an in-built 20Gb HDD (Thats like all you'll ever need for game saves really!), aswell as a wireless controller. The way i look at it, with the money Microsoft have spent on making the console itself, 279 a console at retail will actually lose them a lot of money per sale. They'll be making they're money by game and accessory sales once again during the next generation.

I'm actually seriously considering getting one, and i've never bought another console aside from Nintendo systems during their sales 'generation' so to speak (Everytime i bought another console from another producer, it wasn't being sold in the mainstream anymore). Nintendo seems to convince us that Revolution will be here in 2006, but theyve already pushed a game back by several months, i see the same thing happening here since they havent even finished building the console itself, and i DONT want to see them rushing it just to get it out before its too 'late'. -_-
Old 24-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Adept Hunter

I just pre-orderd mine this morning (The live ver) with FFXI.
Play.com are saying its a realese game,if not ill get Ghostrecon 3 and madden 06

Old 24-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Shadow Council

Send a message via MSN to Jimbo1990
I may get one for Oblivion but thats if i don't get it on PC first (pc's version is better coz of the construction set)
Old 14-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Team PSUniverse.net

Can you buy a herd disk on its own? i dont want to fork out for stuff i dont need.