Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Games > Console Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 17-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Master Hunter

Location: Somewhere were i can see this... otherwise i wouldn't be here.
Send a message via MSN to adrina_kellers
The DS is hell loads better. Two screens is better than 1.
Previous threats of electrocution, being made to listen to Will
Young and being hung from the floodlights have
failed to discourage all the smokers.

If Cardiff players had to stand and pay respects to an English national anthem, would they? I don't think so.
But Arsenal players manage to do it.
Old 28-12-2004, 03:38 AM
Master Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Aaron_Blitzmage Send a message via MSN to Aaron_Blitzmage
I love to use the PSP as a projectile Disc shooter because it loves to eject disc violently or fall to peices!
Old 28-12-2004, 03:48 AM
Knight

The PSP is absolute **** if you ask me. Sony should stick with the Playstation line, and not try to enter an area specifically controlled by Nintendo. If they had brains, thye'd realize the the Neogeo Pocket, Sega Gamegear, and the more recent N-Guage have fallen to the Nintendo Gameboy.
Old 27-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Rookie Amateur

Location: Kingsdown, near Walmer, near Deal, near Dover, Kent, South-East England, England, Earth, This Solar System and so on and so on...
yeah, but hasn't the PSP got all the graphics of a PS2 except for that its portable?
Old 07-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Gawd Of Teh Void!

Send a message via AIM to Judgment Send a message via MSN to Judgment Send a message via Yahoo to Judgment
Check this out

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01...s_6116985.html
Old 23-03-2005, 03:26 AM
Virtuoso

wow that makes the PSP seem even worse.
Anyway doesnt Nintendo already have Squares support.
Old 23-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Shadow Council

Hmm, I like the DS better, cause I have yet to play the PSP, so you can't compete with that, but I'm not yet sure whether I'll like the PSP better when it does come out... but the DS is good
Old 29-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Staff Member

Well, I still hold strong as a nintendo enthusiast but it seems that I couldn't bring my self to hold my contempt for the PSP for I bought one two days ago. (That's what I get for working at a game store...*sigh*) It's not so much the system, but rather the nature of the games. The games it has differ greatly from anything offered on game boy or DS, the look and feel are completely different. The two games in question that made my decision were Lumines and Metal Gear Acid.

First off in case your unfamiliar, Lumines is a puzzle game that can reall only be described as the spawn of Tetris, Supper Puzzle Fighter and the noir DC/PS2 game, Rez. It's a simple "line-up colors, stack blocks and make them dissappear" style game but the ingenuity simply overwhelmed me. The game is structured more like a music generator rather than your generic puzzle game. All of the things you do (i.e. move, drop, rotate blocks/make chains, etc.) all generate sounds that contribute to the music playing in the background. Another difference is that this is all not done in real time, but instead there is a time-bar that sweeps across the stage rendering all the chains to the specific beat of the song your on. It might sound simple or "been there done that" to some but I've never played a puzzle game before that made me lose track of three hours. (Yes, three hours passed in what seemed like 10 minutes. It's that addicting.)

The other game is Metal Gear Acid. I've always been a fan of the Metal Gears, more for the story rather than the gameplay but this title is different. Instead of your ordinary action game it's almost an exact spin off of the card based tactic style used in PSO Episode 3. So with the great story now combined with the card battling, pack winning nature of PSO, I was again emersed in a PSP game to my suprise.

I know a lot of people here are pro-nintendo, as I still am with my GC and DS, but the sheer fun of the games are what drew to getting a PSP. So anyone is free to crticize the system, SONY or whoever they want, but don't criticize the games for they are actually very good and as a gamer I can't help but like them.
Old 29-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Virtuoso

Well Ive noticed that some of the PSPs games seemed really good. I may but one but not till they get cheaper.
Old 29-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Apprentice

I just read yesterday (in my Game Informer) that Nintendo's new system "Revolution" will be adopting the DS's touch screen capability in an interesting way (- See 'retarded'.) Aparently, the controllers for this new system will not have buttons or an analog stick. There will just be a flat touch screen. Each game will have it's own software that puts the game-specific buttons on the contoller's screen where you may interact with them via a stylus. To all you Nintendo fans: I hope you enjoyed Nintendo, because this will be the death of it.