Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Archives > Archived Forums > Phantasy Star Universe > Linear Line > Online Missions

Old 13-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Master Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Namillus
Bruce's Dungeon

For everyone's benefit, a set of rules and guidelines can be found herein. A strategy may be devised from player input.

Information:

Bruce's Dungeon is known as a "Party" mission, in that it requires at least 2 players (Partner Machines and NPCs do not qualify). The maximum is 5, since Bruce, the shopkeeper NPC from Offline Story, tags along. It is styled like a PSO stage, requiring teamwork to proceed.

The mission is selectable from the Moatoob GUARDIANS Branch.

The mission is timed: A 25 minute countdown begins as soon as the first laser fence opens (The entire party needs to be assembled there to open it.)

If a player leaves the party, for whatever reason, the mission is failed. Incapacitation also results in failure, as does returning to Moatoob.

Rule One: YOU DO NOT AFK IN BRUCE'S DUNGEON. EVER. You will be needed to open the gate at the start of Block 2, and your lack of combat contribution will slow the party down, resulting in a lower grade.

Rule Two: If it's at all avoidable, try not to split up. In a large group, combat goes faster, which means that you'll reach the end quicker, getting a better grade. This is less true on C-Class if you're trying for S.

Rule Three: Communicate. The mission requires the party to separate frequently, to hit buttons in a certain order and to take multiple teleporters. Good communication allows you to quickly choose the correct option and clear the mission faster.

A guide for the Japanese version, which should nevertheless easily translate, can be found here.

For the Record: Listen to Bruce at the four teleporters in Block 1. That tells you which is the correct one.

Nearest: Nothing.
Left: Refers to Handgun.
Right: Refers to Saber.
Furthest: Asks you which is correct.
A keyboard is now mine. Fear my fast-typing skills. I play the PS2 version of PSU.
I live in the UK, meaning my timezone's GMT.

Last edited by Namillus; 13-01-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 13-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Staff Member

*looks at rule 1* Hehe... I'd say that one was thoroughly inspired by last night. No AFKing is a very very serious rule here... you're not even allowed to boot a player that's AFKing in the mission because it makes everyone fail... which is one of the dumbest things ever.

Good job figuring out the portal puzzle though Namillus... with all the mayhem going on I never thought to pay attention to what Bruce was babbling about. XD
Old 14-01-2007, 03:37 AM
Hero

Send a message via AIM to Lee Xao Vue
yea the afk thing kinda kills ya if some1 has to go afk or anything like that
otherwise i think its a decent mission ^.^

Blade Reaper- Fortefighter(7) - Lv.51- Beast- Female
Troi - FighGunner(4) - lv.47 - cast - male
Thrustmaster3000 - Ranger(1) - lv .1 - cast- male
Dark Mousy - ForteTecher(1) - lv.11 - Newman -Male
Myspace Mail me
Old 14-01-2007, 04:16 AM
Staff Member

Finally S Ranked this particular mission with a group tonight. XD Only took 3 tries because a couple were new to it.
Old 14-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via MSN to Poo Fly
good going ^^
Reckon we could've done it if i di.... *crashes*
Old 14-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Team PSUniverse.net-X

Me and cloud did it today, just the two of us, level 29 and level 11, and got a B rank. =D

Which isn't too bad for a first run. Shame he crashed right at the end. XD
Old 14-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Knight

every time i do an online mission i seem to crash right at the ending loading screen... screws up my mission points and pants money ><
Old 14-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Virtuoso

Is there any special reward for an S rank? Because if not, it may not be worth that whole 'finding a party that'll stick together for abazillion rounds 'till you S rank it!'

^I like my PSO characters ^and my egg (may he rest in peace) ^and my PSU characters! ^ Organization 13 :p
Axel: "Now that all of your cards are gone, I will eat yoooou!" Larxene: "Sorry Axel-you couldn't eat your way out of...air!"
Old 14-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Team PSUniverse.net-X

Well, you do get an absurd amount of money and mission points.
Old 14-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Staff Member

For the C rank mission you get 1600 meseta, 16 mission points, and 1 Grinder Base C. I imagine the special prize for higher ranked versions of the mission is merely better grinders. XD