Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Archives > Archived Forums > Phantasy Star Online > Episodes 1 & 2 and Blue Burst > Hunters Guild > Force

Old 27-05-2004, 04:46 AM
Lowly Peon

Send a message via Yahoo to Yaichiro
Force's Technique techniques

Since there were no posts here, i decided that this would be nice topic to start.

Now, i have a hipothesis: strong Mnd characters, like FOnewearls/FOnewmn have such a high mind pottential that they don't necesarily need high level basic attacks (as you know, basic attacks increase theyr TP cost as they increase level, unlike <i think, not sure> heavy attacks like rafoie that dont increase theyr TP for some levels), so you can spare TP by sticking with the lowest Techniche disks....

but also, for FOmar and FOmarl, since they dont regnerate TP, it may also be convenient to stick to low level techniques, at least until a decent level is reached...therefore, there's no need for hight level Tech. disks!

ok, that was my <very personal> advise, which i follow, of course. But i warn you, im far from being an advance player <ok, maybe not so far, but more like medium/low player>, so i could be ABSOLUTELY WRONG. if i am, i would appretiate anyone telling me so.

<ahem>....so, comments? tips? complaints? whatever discussion is welcomed ^ ^
Old 27-05-2004, 10:20 AM
Knight

I wouldn't. If you have high techniques, the more likely you are to defeating an enemy quiker, which is vitally important if your a FO with little DEF. Besides, all you need is enough TP (10) to cast Ryuka to go back to the city, and you can top up your TP for only 10 meseta without wasting valuable Trifluids.

Besides, with LV 3 foie on normal, a FO. can instantly kill a evil shark on the mines with one hit. 80 odd dmg.
Old 27-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via MSN to Omar
Quote:
Originally Posted by odin22
Besides, with LV 3 foie on normal, a FO. can instantly kill a evil shark on the mines with one hit. 80 odd dmg.
They have sharks in the mines now?

My FOs use mainly the mid-level techniques (Gi) in episode 1. It depends on the area/enemy though, so it varies greatly.
In episode 2 after the temple, megid is your best friend

Join us or die.
Old 27-05-2004, 04:50 PM
Rookie Amateur

Send a message via AIM to weasel
Here my .02:
I have a lvl114 FOMarl, with TP of about 1400, All my tech. have a high lvl of 28, the lowest being 23. Lemme tell you this, when your as high of a level, chances are, your maxed out on meseta; so buying Trifluids and Difluids is no big deal. I have Trifluids in my quick menu. Thats pretty much all I use, and if I'm outta Trifluids, I'll dip down to Difluids, but they dont last long at all. It takes 4 Difluids to fill me up, and thats not all the way full either, about 7/10.

One thing I've learned being a Force, if you find a weapon that you can use, that has high ATP(I use a durangal(sp? i cant remember at the moment)+37), use that instead of your Tech. Just cast Shifta & Deband and youll get a good chunk outta your enemy. Right now in Ult(Im in the mines as of right now), I can plow through the enemys without using tech on them. That'll save you on TP.

-Brent

skank-lvl122-FOmarl-REDRIA
weasel-lvl69-RAcast-VIRDIA
Old 27-05-2004, 04:54 PM
Administrator

I find Megid's only good if you've got it at a decent enough level, otherwise it's just a TP drainer, and then your stuck in the middle of a battlefield with no place to run, and no TP to restore your HP with!

Nice place to start the new forum with Yaichiro. Everyone has their own opinion, whats better for worse, this place is to share your tactics and battle strategies!
Old 27-05-2004, 11:27 PM
Gawd Of Teh Void!

Send a message via AIM to Judgment Send a message via MSN to Judgment Send a message via Yahoo to Judgment
i usaly cast Shifta & Deband and run in waving my weapon around a bit until i get good enough techs, mst and tp to deal a good amount of damage and have enough tp to last quite a while
Old 29-05-2004, 09:00 PM
Lowly Peon

Send a message via Yahoo to Yaichiro
of course, my advise was not meant for high level Forces, but rather when the character is still in the low levels, when it needs to rationalize TP. Even though, in the later dificulties, enemies literally swarm over you, so i think it would be wise to spare some TP, unless you have the patience to cast ryuker every 4 rooms...

Old 08-06-2004, 10:05 PM
Shadow Council

Location: In the darkness risides a place with no name only legend
sadly my force is a very low level but my favorate wep is striker of chou when i get it
Old 09-06-2004, 10:57 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaichiro
the character is still in the low levels, when it needs to rationalize TP.
It's better to do a lot of the quests when your a low level fo. Just let computer controlled character get stuck in and use one multi hit tech and your lv up and be stronger in no time, while saving on TP.

Also, I good way to get through the caves as a low lv FO. is to do the Martha quest and activate the column on this quest so you don't have to do it in the main game. so u don't waste lots of TP trying to find the darn thing and can zip through to caves three quickly.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:43 PM
Knight

Send a message via MSN to K8lin
To solve my tp problem, the lack of it that is , im currently searching for a psycho wand. Halves tp cost. I use grants the most, very VERY powerful indeed, especially at my lvl ^_^