Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Games > Console Games

Old 17-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Shadow Council

Send a message via AIM to demeiz Send a message via MSN to demeiz Send a message via Yahoo to demeiz
The original DC pso

Is it just me or did it seem harder...longer. and plain better?
i remember spending the entire summer off, just playing non stop, and i never even completed hard mode!!

I was just happy playing, now it seems to have lost its charm, im not sure if its just the amount ive already played, or it is the GC conversion.
Old 17-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Legendary Champion

V1 was pure **** in the comparison of V3. V2 was still crap in comparison to V3. Now there is V4 to top all of those versions. They were good while they lasted, but now... =/
Old 17-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to K_I_R_E_E_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by demeiz
Is it just me or did it seem harder...longer. and plain better?
i remember spending the entire summer off, just playing non stop, and i never even completed hard mode!!

I was just happy playing, now it seems to have lost its charm, im not sure if its just the amount ive already played, or it is the GC conversion.
harder- i never played gc versions so i can't tell
better- i a way yes
i play pso ver.2 and my fried plays ver1, i am proud of my self, even if it has less weapon, less zones, it is still for me the best.
pure sh**, ...... wonderful, almighty......
Old 18-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Staff Member

DC was the best version in the very early days (online). If it had stayed mostly legit somehow without NOLers etc, it would be great!

The new versions are far too easy. Even ep. 4 wasn't that hard really and some of the added rares make it too easy to win.

In the old PSO, there were less rares and they were rarer, making them actually rare. Also, rare enemies were rarer. And if you died online, you dropped your weapon and held meseta for other people to swipe, just like a REAL MMO! Now the closest you get to frantic rare snatching is when a monster drops a rare. I always seem to get there first, my luck I guess ^^;

And also, there is now almost no penalty to death. Since meseta is easier to come by no one cares if you lose any. Also, you don't lose any items at all! It's childs play! The only penalty left for death is a small amount of exp taken away on PSO:BB. And even then, I don't think you can 'level down'. It's so pathetic... It makes me want to scream!
Old 18-01-2006, 12:39 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via MSN to mr_shoe_uk
Bah! I always used to play nicely! If someone died we'd look after their weapons and money, not steal them!
Old 18-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hacker
DC was the best version in the very early days (online). If it had stayed mostly legit somehow without NOLers etc, it would be great!

The new versions are far too easy. Even ep. 4 wasn't that hard really and some of the added rares make it too easy to win.

In the old PSO, there were less rares and they were rarer, making them actually rare. Also, rare enemies were rarer. And if you died online, you dropped your weapon and held meseta for other people to swipe, just like a REAL MMO! Now the closest you get to frantic rare snatching is when a monster drops a rare. I always seem to get there first, my luck I guess ^^;

And also, there is now almost no penalty to death. Since meseta is easier to come by no one cares if you lose any. Also, you don't lose any items at all! It's childs play! The only penalty left for death is a small amount of exp taken away on PSO:BB. And even then, I don't think you can 'level down'. It's so pathetic... It makes me want to scream!
yes , a rare in ver.2 is actualy a rare item, but maybe they exagerated a litle in the rare drops.
there are good stuff in ver.1 or ver.2, one example is the item state maintenance, or the god units a common item.
Old 18-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Master Hunter

Send a message via AIM to N1NJ4 Send a message via MSN to N1NJ4
DC was where I first saw PSO. Though at the time i wasn't interested. Then i soon played it on GC later on and was like hey this is fun and played it with my friend until like 6am for a long time and got into it
Old 18-01-2006, 08:48 PM
Master Hunter

Location: the best village in hampshire... now you have to work out which one that is!
Send a message via MSN to Sonic Saturn
god i haven't been here in ages.... anwyaz, I rescnelt yplayed on PSO DC, despite my sound being broken.... and then having to get me originalt DC since it onlt works on that one which is rather dodgy.. turned black and white either way, i think its gd this way, i don't lik eth elimited ban space though, but rares are sorta rarer.. i got plenty of DBs sabers and varistas, but thats them... and i sell mostm, i really want a twin brand.. he he... one thing I really like is that hunters can use a spread needle.. guess wht i'm goonna get.. one thing I don't like is the god/luck boosts luck by 10m,, master ability everything by 10 so.... weird....
RAcaseal, Natalie, Skyly, lvl51, Cave, Ult, Rati.
I can only go offline!
Ortiagito piping: 35(ish)

Last edited by Sonic Saturn; 18-01-2006 at 08:54 PM.
Old 19-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Saturn
god i haven't been here in ages.... anwyaz, I rescnelt yplayed on PSO DC, despite my sound being broken.... and then having to get me originalt DC since it onlt works on that one which is rather dodgy.. turned black and white either way, i think its gd this way, i don't lik eth elimited ban space though, but rares are sorta rarer.. i got plenty of DBs sabers and varistas, but thats them... and i sell mostm, i really want a twin brand.. he he... one thing I really like is that hunters can use a spread needle.. guess wht i'm goonna get.. one thing I don't like is the god/luck boosts luck by 10m,, master ability everything by 10 so.... weird....
i'm trying to find the spread nedle for ages, the twinbrand , i have one.
and ya db's sabers and stuff like that are very comon.
Old 19-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Knight

Send a message via MSN to TheUnnamedOne
My mates had that game, they level up legit to Lvl.126,
but then they found a hack to level straight up to Lvl.180...

they never actually reached Lv.200 though _... weirdo's

But never had actually played the DC version i cannot post comment on the actual difficulty and stuff like that