Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Archives > Archived Forums > Phantasy Star Universe > Hunters Guild > Rangers

Old 26-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Bust a cap in the crowd!

Send a message via MSN to nomercy
I'm going to make Shiro into a Ranger later on, once I make sure I can handle it.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Rookie Amateur

My main is a level 17 Cast Ranger.

I've always been a ranged player.

I, personally, find the shock Photon Arts the most useful, especially in parties, My Barada Inga (?) for my Shigga Spud shotgun is currently level 12 and has gained an extra bullet, so to speak, when fired.

Its great for groups of enemies, and 9 times out of 10 at least two creatures end up being shocked so the Hunters can go in with their Melee weapons going mad.

Other than that, I use Twin Handguns for large enemies and rifles for aerial and bosses.

I also carry a saber/handgun combo just in case PP starts to get short. Thats the biggest problem of being a Ranger, your constantly using PP.

Solo-ing I find hard as theres alot of shoot, run, shoot, run and it can be easy to get surrounded when using weapons that require you to be stationary like Rifles and Shotguns.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via AIM to Hrith Send a message via MSN to Hrith
I'm a Ranger Lv 10 (the class, not the char), I don't think which PA you choose is important, just make sure you have one of each element.

I use four weapon types, each has an element.
Handgun = Thunder
Rifle = Fire
Twin Handgun = Earth
Shotgun = Ice

Works like a charm.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:09 PM
Bust a cap in the crowd!

I use a cannon type weapon with ice element, rifle with fire, handgun / saber as shock, dark double handgun, light shotgun, and earth mech / saber.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Staff Member

I don't know if this has been covered... But the advanced jobs are coming up soon, so can guntechters use bows? Might make things more interesting
Old 06-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Rookie Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hacker
I don't know if this has been covered... But the advanced jobs are coming up soon, so can guntechters use bows? Might make things more interesting
Guntecher can use:

A-Class

Sabers
Daggers
Rifles
Shotguns
Bows
Laser Cannons
Cards
Wands

S-Class

Twin Handguns
Handguns
Crossbows
Machineguns

I finished levelling my Hunter to 10 so switched recently to Ranger (who is now level 2!). I'm finding it a lot of fun, and it really helped to have 4 Bullet Skills starting from level 10 (and a level 45 character to use them on).

I dislike the lack of mobility when using rifles and shotguns but I like the power, especially the rate of fire on a sniper rifle which also adds a bit of knockback.

I do sometimes end up getting mobbed but having already maxed out dagger and sabre skills doesn't mean it's much of an issue. Most of the time I'm running around just blasting stuff with twin-handguns.

Overall I'm still a Hunter at heart, I enjoy the 'up close and personal with a pointy weapon' approach, but it's nice trying out the other Types to see how the jobs function, which only helps to round my character out when it comes to partying.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Bust a cap in the crowd!

I'm currently running Kitsune as a ranger type character. Level 2 so far. She has Mazer Cannon with Frozen Prism, Some B-Rank rifle with Shock, a Burning Shot handgun coupled with a Brand, the third GRM longsword, with earth element, and dual handguns that I as of yet haven't gotten a bullet skill for. They are pretty tough sometimes, although first-person aiming is a godsend. I don't see how I managed without it on PSO. Only time I use third-person is with my Cannon when I see a big group of enemies clustered together, because that usually signifies lots of EXP for one or two shots. The PP is a little annoying at times, since it goes down every shot, especially my Cannon, it's going at 14 per shot now.

By the way, are the expert types available offline?
Old 07-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Master Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Namillus
Nope. Remember, in Extra Mode you obey the 'deities walking the worlds' Type rules present in Story Mode - that is, anyone can use wands regardless of Type, though the Type affects the Grade of weapon you can equip. Also, every Type can immediately equip S-Grade versions of the weapons that exemplify that Type. Therefore, Expert Types are unnecessary, since a HUnter can wield all S-Grade blades, a Ranger all S-Grade guns, and a Force all S-Grade staves.
A keyboard is now mine. Fear my fast-typing skills. I play the PS2 version of PSU.
I live in the UK, meaning my timezone's GMT.

Last edited by Namillus; 07-12-2006 at 08:47 PM.