Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Archives > Archived Forums > Phantasy Star Common Room > Hacks & Cheats

Old 19-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Knight

I Hate Having to do this but....

I hate having to do this but it needs to be done. Recently I traded some Ep 3 cards with my son. Shortly after this trade both of our Epsiode 3 files corrupted. My sons Episode 1 & 2 file also corrupted.

I found out afterwards that my son had been in Vega accepting any and all cards/items given to him. Such common items as Heavens Punishers+40 and rare cards like Immortality, Fly etc (x3).

Redhead and I both had words with our son about not just accepting any and everything from just anyone, especially if the item or card is ridiculously rare. I have heard that duped items can affect your save file and this unfortunate series of corruptions point towards it.

My son has just been seen by me trading more uber rare items on Episode 1 & 2, and also arranging to get them duped. In his own words "I don't care how I get the items, I just want them."

There is no way my son could have obtained these items himself so early after corrupting. Neither I or Redhead have them.

Just as my son and his buddy were about to dupe the uber items someone entered called FSOD TEAM 2. I could have pulled the ethernet cable and saved his gear. In this instance I just let the inevitable FSOD happen.

My son has characters on his Mums Hunters Licence. If you trade items with anyone who you have located through the guild card of RED then please make sure that it is RED and not her son. I don't wish my partner to be blacklisted because of the actions of her son.

Regards

UK Jester

http://www.myspace.com/jaklaschka
Old 19-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Shadow Council

Send a message via AIM to PSOFanatic124
wow so ur son didnt learn the first time or was it red's son but whatever... and whats the FSOD?
P.S. Ur mag can evolve now

Weapons: JUST-23ST - S-BEAT'S BLADE

Mag: Madhu Ruler of all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(\ /)
(O.o)
(><)
/_|_\
Copy the bunny to your siggy to help him achieve world domination!

I am a complete bunny follower
Old 19-12-2004, 06:21 PM
Knight

FSOD = Freeze Screen of Death. There is a sticky about this in the cheats section at the top, it may come under Corruption. Basically ,from the one time I got FSODed, you lose all your unequipped items and Meseta. FSOds do come in various other forms though so please get yourself familiar with them and how to deal with them (if you are lucky).

Regards

UK Jester

http://www.myspace.com/jaklaschka
Old 19-12-2004, 06:23 PM
Hero

sorry about your file corrupting...(i thought they fixed that in ep3?) was it 1+2 as well? if you need some help getting you online clevel/cards back ect i can help you out online.

also... think about it on the bright side, some familys have to go thru there child breaking the law and have to go to jail for it rather then cheating in a game and geting corupted for it.
Old 19-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Shadow Council

thx a bunch man but i dont needta worry i dont have online, and u gotta point there schoichet

(\ /)
(O.o)
(><)
/_|_\

Last edited by PSOFanatic124; 20-12-2004 at 05:54 PM.
Old 19-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Knight

Send a message via AIM to misterbud Send a message via MSN to misterbud
Having duped items or cards should NOT affect your corruption rate. The game data has not been altered, just duplicated, therefore there is no reason that the data should be affected in any way. A hacked mag on the other hand, is modified, therefore it can affect the game data. But having a duplicated item will NOT, and I repeat, NOT affect your saved game data in any way. If the games were on the same memory card, it is obvious why they both corrupted at the same time, if the games were on different memory cards, it was probably a concidence. Tell your son that the cheating community is not somthing he wants to get mixed up in unless he has expansive logic of how the game works and how to manipulate it... Trust me, I tried it once, its not fun.
Michael II lvl 45 HUmar
Victoria lvl 16 RAmarl
Episode 3
BK Mark II Clv Online 7/Clv offline 19
Blue Burst
Misterbud FOmar lvl 13

Firefox by far, the best web browser out there.
Old 19-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Hero

they might have been hacked mags/weapons with hacked %s/stats ect... or maybe it was something programed to corrupt who the hacker gave it too(no clue if that is possable)
Old 19-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Star Raider

Too bad, but I have to say I laughed when I saw the words 'my son', (because I'm 14, and your waaaaay older than me )
Old 19-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Shadow Council

whats that to do with the thread?

(\ /)
(O.o)
(><)
/_|_\

Old 19-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Star Raider

Just commenting on his comment, that's how a forum works. -_-;;