Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Archives > Archived Forums > Phantasy Star Online > Episodes 1 & 2 and Blue Burst > Item Findings

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 21-05-2004, 08:18 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via MSN to Omar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohjiro
Also, as for the drop rates;
1. Wouldnt it be pretty pointless to create an item that is impossible to get?
2. How would anyone outside of sega themselves know what the drop rates are?
Where did the charts come from anyway?
Did someone just make them up going by the maximum number of a certain enemy someone can kill before getting a rare item?
3. Why bother with drop rates? An item with a drop rate of 1/10,000 could be found after killing just 2 of these enemies if you were lucky enough.
1. Sega can alter drop rates in online play for certain quests for example. So the item would be possible to find eventually.
2. They are on the game disc as they are programmed into the game. Some clever people just found where they were and compiled the drop charts.
3. It is true that an item with 1/10,000 could drop from the first enemy, but for most people they will find it dropping after roughly 10,000 of these enemies. Without these rates, people may spend an eternity hunting a weapon that isn't ever realistically going to drop unless you have a quest with a very high enemy count.

Quote:
HA! This is to confirm that it IS possible to obtain a legit parasitic gene flow.
I know because I found one.
You aren't the first to claim to have found a gene, but the majority are usually people who are new to a forum/web community and just want attention. Feel free to "find" another and video it all. If you do that then I will apologise profusely, but as the game data disagrees with you, I do not believe you.

Quote:
Maybe that will stop all the bad publicity surrounding Dark weapons.
As they were all made using a dupe of a hacked version of the gene, I don't think this will do anything to stop "bad publicity".

Thanks and goodnight

Join us or die.
Old 22-05-2004, 05:50 PM

Maybe i should point a few things out:

1. At the moment I am NOT asking anyone to believe me. I dont blame anyone for not believing right now.
2. Once I do get my proof, and eventually i will, it is not an apology i want. I simply want people to accept the fact that a minority of Parasite genes are legit.
It isnt fair on people that may actually have a legit gene to be called hackers simply because most of them are illegit.
3. There was a mistake in my last post: when it said i used a lavis cannon that should actually have said Double cannon.
4. I would be grateful if someone would explain how these "clever people" compiled the drop charts because the only way I can think of would be to find some way to view the source code for the game and if someone outside of Sega were to do this then Im pretty sure that its illegal.
5. If i was attention seeking, I would try to get 'good' attention. NOT by claiming something that is obviously going to have people crying "liar liar".
I dont see how its my fault that i happen to be new to the forums and havent had much to say.
6. I now accept the fact that the bad publicity surrounding Dark weapons is here to stay. I was foolish to think I could change that.

And finally I would like to thank Omar for his point about Sega being able to change drop rates, I had simply assumed that the drop rates would be the same inside and outside of quests. Thanks for that.
Old 22-05-2004, 07:55 PM
Knight

o its possible to get those. im not calling u a liar. for i do certainly know that the game can drop those items. the only reason why our versions can drop the items without been hacked is that when newer copies are made from nintendo or so on they recheck the system of items and such and if something doesnt look right they will change it. when i got perfect dark for the n64 there was a problem with my game on some of the challenges that wuould freeze up. and nintendo said that the newer versions of those game didnt have those and that who ever bought the game when it first came out was able to get another new one for free by sending there bad copy to nintendo(which i did). and lo and behold no more errors came up with game. i bought my pso afta a year it came out.
Old 23-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via AIM to Hrith Send a message via MSN to Hrith
no it's not possible to find a Flow gene, I'm not calling you a liar, you ARE a liar, and spreading bull**** is the worst thing to do when I am one of the people Omar is refering to, I have access to the game data, and Olga Flow as well as Dark Falz cannot drop anything, no matter what trick you use (go back to see Flowen/Rico in multi, or go back using a HP draining weapon in solo offline), so that was a nice try, but you sound as ridiculous and clueless as people who claim to find Lavis Cannon in Very Hard, bye.
Old 23-05-2004, 02:08 PM

Like I said, I didnt use any fancy tricks.
Like I said, I am not asking anyone to believe me at the moment.
Like I said, I would like to know how it is possible to legally have access to the game data.

Have a nice day.
Old 23-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Knight

i dun kno why people cheat or hack. i mean it takes the fun outta everything. and the newer the version of the game the more revisions are done to it. it seems you guys who got there copy when it first came out should consider of getting the game later than having to buy it right away. as it will save money and less hassle to worry bout the many bugs as there once was.
Old 23-05-2004, 02:49 PM

I have to admit, I wasnt even aware that there were different versions of the gamecube phantasy star. I just figured that they wouldnt release the game unless they were sure that any major bugs had been corrected already.
If it means anything to anyone, which I doubt, my copy was bought in the first October after PSOs Uk release date.
Old 23-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Gawd Of Teh Void!

Send a message via AIM to Judgment Send a message via MSN to Judgment Send a message via Yahoo to Judgment
mine was as well. i havent killed ult Falz yet so i dont know
Old 23-05-2004, 04:32 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via AIM to Ivan Send a message via MSN to Ivan Send a message via Skype™ to Ivan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka
no it's not possible to find a Flow gene, I'm not calling you a liar, you ARE a liar, and spreading bull**** is the worst thing to do when I am one of the people Omar is refering to, I have access to the game data, and Olga Flow as well as Dark Falz cannot drop anything, no matter what trick you use (go back to see Flowen/Rico in multi, or go back using a HP draining weapon in solo offline), so that was a nice try, but you sound as ridiculous and clueless as people who claim to find Lavis Cannon in Very Hard, bye.
Kefka, you need to stop having a go with other people and keep the swearing down. For one thing, when was the last time you checked that code? It seems every time you say something, it's flame baiting/flaming. Stop accusing and try to have a bit more self-control with your posts.
Originally Posted by Comments
The servers are not updated, maintained by, or have anything to do with Sonic Team or the SEGA Corporation.
And thank god for that!!
Still rocking pso on GC and BB...on that server that everyone knows about.

Let's Go, The Only Way We Know, Taking You Out. - Lostprophets
Old 23-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via MSN to GOLDIE
Although I dont support looking at the games source code the facts are there. The drop is set to 0, end of story in my oppinion.