Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Community > Help!

Old 17-01-2006, 01:27 AM
Rookie Amateur

Send a message via MSN to Astari
lil help

i dont play pso online, but i have pso 1& 2 for Gamecube and thought about getting connected, i havent played PS online since the game cube version of pso and then it was my friends.

im a good player offline and think its about time i went online and wondered if any 1 could direct me to show me what to do, and let me kno if its worth it.

for E.G how to set up and what the cost of runnign it is.

thanx to any 1 that can help
Old 17-01-2006, 02:43 AM
Staff Member

Send a message via AIM to Phantom_RAcast Send a message via MSN to Phantom_RAcast
Do you have 56k or some sort of high speed internet? What ISP?
Cost is $8.95 a month not counting the cost of the internet.
Old 17-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Rookie Amateur

?

im with wannadoo 2 meg bb it doesnt cost 2 much extra really, so im guessing i need to get a GC modem, a lan cable, and a keybord? cos typing with the controler sucks
Old 17-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Rookie Amateur

also do i have to get the broad band adapter for my game cube cos i can get the normal mosem for only 8,95 but the broadband one will cost me 45
Old 17-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Staff Member

Don't double post. It's against the rules you were supposed to read before you ever posted here *points to edit post button*

Your on broadband, therefore you need the broadband adapter unless you want to revert to dialup just to play PSO. Don't go back to dialup, you will lag, people will hate you .

You need no lan cable. The broadband adapter comes with a slot for an ethernet cable (and the cable to). Put the cable into your BBA and also into your router/hub modem in one of its ethernet ports.

Once this is done, register for a hunters liscence which will cost you $8.95 a month.

After this, setup your network config file (Just keep hitting next you really don't need to change anything there unless you want to connect to a non-official server - discussion of private servers is banned on these forums so I will say no more).

Then, play online, you will be asked to enter your serial number/access key. Do all that and stay away from the american/european ships and lobbies. Play on the japanese ones, or haxors will get you.
Old 17-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Rookie Amateur

sorry for the double posting not very use to forums.

i was reading a topic on connecting through wannadoo 1 meg broadband, and i think ill have to do it that way as i also have the stupid broadband modem that was discussed in there, so i dont think i can get round connecting my GC to my pc then my pc to the hole in the wall.

also i think i will stick to the jap servers , as i havealways played the game legit and wouldnt wna spoil my fun or be tempted to the wasy of the dark side
Old 17-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Rookie Amateur

You'll need a cross over cable if you're going to to connect the GC BBA to the RJ45 port on the back of your PC. A normal RJ45 male/male cable won't work that way.

Good luck!

Raven - Lvl 83 RAmarl
Zero - Lvl 56 HUcaseal
Nefarious - Lvl 19 FOmar

Well... I played the DC version to death so I might as well try the new character types!
Old 17-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Virtuoso

Send a message via AIM to NetNomad
What kind of characters do you have, Astari? I rarely play on the ST servers anymore but I'll be happy to jump over and play a round with you if you have a time.
Old 17-01-2006, 08:46 PM
ZEEKY BOOGY DOOG

Send a message via AIM to whiteninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hacker
After this, setup your network config file (Just keep hitting next you really don't need to change anything there unless you want to connect to a non-official server - discussion of private servers is banned on these forums so I will say no more).
You will need to use this actually if you want to use either pso.donut.dhs.org or PSOProxy for snapshots... or if you want to use SPSOF (FSOD firewall... not banned from disscussion here, but the DNS has been down for over 2 months now, and I doubt it will ever go up again).