Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Archives > Archived Forums > Phantasy Star Online > Episodes 1 & 2 and Blue Burst > Hunters Guild > Ranger

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-11-2005, 11:52 PM
Master Hunter

Send a message via AIM to masterofchaos
Ramar or Ramarl

I liek teh ramarl but I wont to make a purplenum and dont know which one to make for a mechgun character. Please give me suggeations and your opinions on which one and how to make them really good.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Virtuoso

Send a message via AIM to NetNomad
Both.

RAmar has better ATP and ATA; RAmarl has better MST and techs so she's better at soloing. At max stats, the RAmarl isn't too far below the RAmar in terms of ATP and ATA... but she's harder to max (it's impossible to max all her stats) and she tends to have ATA problems where the RAmar doesn't (at least that was the case with mine).

As for play style, RAmar is pretty much the hardcore "screw hit%, I don't need it" gunslinger (although a RAmar with a 35 hit FS owns ). In contrast, I've found it easier to play my RAmarl as a half-melee RA... so I gave her a Yami, Madam's Umbrella and a S-Rank Twin with Berserk in addition to her FS, Ruby Bullet, Spread Needle and Red Mech.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:46 AM
Master Hunter

Send a message via AIM to ShadowNinja X7
Although many people are going to say RAmarl I like the RAmar just as much. I hardly ever miss in ultimate and I don't more damage then a RAmarl would. Of course, it also depends on how many techs you use. I use resta when I can run from combat, but I find it easier if I get hit hard just to use a dimate and then resta later. The only techs I use all the time are S/D. If you use a lot of techs, go with the RAmarl first, if not a RAmar may be the better choice.
Inferno-RAmarl-lvl.50-Greenil-Wals MK, Inferno Bazooka, L&K14 Combat
Searching for: Ruby Bullet, Baranz Parts, Yasminkov 9000M, DF Field, Atrribute Wall
Old 09-11-2005, 01:16 AM
ZEEKY BOOGY DOOG

Send a message via AIM to whiteninja
The Ramar definitely has the coolness factor edge, but Ramarl is "better." The Ramar only has the edge in ATP and ATA (and the ATA is not too much for a Ranger). The Ramarl also has lv 20 Shifta, which makes up for the slightly less ATP, unless you have a FO with you or M&Y on your mag that you use constantly.

I really don't use my Ramar too much anymore, but that's just because I don't have much to hunt with him. Purplenum has alot of stuff though, so I could see you using this character alot, wether you get a Ramarl or Ramarl.

Just go by which one you think looks cooler.

Nomad: Why do you have your Ramarl melee? Her ATA is plenty fine to deal damage from a farther range. Unless you just like meleeing.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:40 AM
Legendary Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteninja
Why do you have your Ramarl melee?
RAmarl is excellent at melee, look at her ATA and ATP (with Shifta 20) and her DEF. DEF is actually very important for a melee character, so RAmls are actually very good at that, try Daylight Scar, Excalibur, God Hand, or Twin Chakrams.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:52 AM
Virtuoso

Send a message via AIM to NetNomad
My RAmarl used a pair of Chakrams, actually, until I got her the srank. I just wasn't doing enough damage with her guns to really work, so I ended up using the Yami, Chakrams and Umbrella more often. Since her MST is good enough to heal herself well, I soon realized she could be a self sufficient berserker, and so for my third srank I made the twin with a berserk special.

Which is not to say she's bad at gun usage... the way I see it, RAmarl is to gun usage as FOmar is to techniques: good, but could be just as good at melee depending on how you use them.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:24 AM
ZEEKY BOOGY DOOG

Send a message via AIM to whiteninja
I've never though of it that way... Well, I still like my Yasminkovs. (7000V = )
Old 09-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via AIM to Hrith Send a message via MSN to Hrith
RAmarl is probably the best meleer, IMO >_>
Excellent DFP, best EVP, Lv 20 support techniques and decent MST for Resta = win.

RAmar is not a bad char (I have one at Lv 160), but it is a 100% useless char. Everything he does, the RAmarl does way better, that makes him by far the worst ranger, too.

It's still a good char, do not misread, but useless.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Rookie Amateur

RAmars look like walking urinals.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Master Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Arrogantelf
Yes i have a lv 77 RAmar currently in mines ult. He sux apart from ATA imo.
On the strength of this thread alone i may just retire him for the RAmarl.

ROGUE lv200 Huney, L'il maia lv157 Racl,Rogue v2 huney lv42,
DAN smith5 Hucast for cmode.