Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Archives > Archived Forums > Information > Submit News

Old 19-11-2008, 01:33 AM
Shadow Council

Send a message via AIM to Lance813
Ohh god...*facepalms*

Well, at least the weapons look good.
Old 19-11-2008, 05:48 AM
Wizard

anime aspect=fail...
PSO:BB
Tsukuyomi: 131 PURPLENUM RAmar
(AKA Y): C-mode HUcast
Old 19-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Expert Hunter

Aw, they made a short anime clip of the characters. Didn't see FOmar.

Okay, allow me to be the only one here who likes the anime style. It's very cute and close to the in-game 3-D character art style. I like it better than the official character art of PSO Ep1&2, which were a bit too skinny and didn't really look like the 3-D characters in-game (which I loved). Episode 3's cutscene artstyle is still my favourite.

It's ultimately going to be the gameplay which decides whether people keep playing it, of course. So they better get that right, or else. >P
Old 19-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Shadow Council

I like anime style, but a crying girl with pointy ears... Hmmm, i don't think i've seen that before

(SARCASM)

I'm not going to judge the game by this though.
Old 20-11-2008, 03:44 AM
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance813 View Post
I like anime style, but a crying girl with pointy ears... Hmmm, i don't think i've seen that before

(SARCASM)

I'm not going to judge the game by this though.
i am :o
it points to where sega is taking this game: Weaboo land. Weaboos are the people who wish oh so much to be japanese but they arent and they are annoying as hell....

but if sega manages to **** up the Phantasy Star series even more (PSU DID NOTHING FOR ME! NOTHING!) i will burn them at the stake
*readies torch*
Old 01-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Expert Hunter

Um, what have crying newearls got to do with being or wanting to be Japanese?
Old 01-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Master Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Rena Send a message via MSN to Rena
I'd like to know that as well.

If I don't know what lies beyond
Desire is now the one in control
Am I strong enough to not ever know just what I'd find?
Should I press on?
Old 02-12-2008, 01:50 AM
U.N. Owen

Send a message via AIM to Orphen Send a message via MSN to Orphen
Lance may possibly be referring to the various anime series in which there is a generally very emotional girl who happens to have pointy ears. For some reason it's cliche in anime that the elven girls, or at least the girls with the outward appearance similar to elves happen to be some of the more emotional characters. I'm not entirely sure why, that's just how it seems to be. In my experience I've only seen it in Shuffle! (Nerine) There are probably more I've seen, but I really can't think of them off the bat. I'd probably assume that it would be because of the ears. The characters in anime generally express emotion through the movements of their ears as well (ears droop when sad or upset, ears flick upward when happy, frightened, etc.) and as it seems artists like to experiment with this idea, the character overall winds up becoming that emotional character.

It has been a long time since I've bothered mingling in the PSO/U scene, ever since my rather irritating mishap toward the first few months of PSU's release, I haven't touched a PS game in quite some time. It'd be nice to rekindle that desire to play. This game certainly looks intriguing, however I would truly hate to see it stuck in one of the many pitfalls that most DS online titles find themselves caught in. One of the most apparent would be the friend code BS, common throughout nearly every single online game available for the DS with the exception of Metroid Prime Hunters.

Metroid Prime Hunters did have friend codes, but also introduced a neat way to make new friends outside of that little bubble created from the restrictive play that friend codes create around players. You could choose one of the various random opponent finder options to enter a battle. If you enjoyed playing with certain people, you could send them a friend request. (Similar to the guild card trade system familiar PSO.) Once accepted, you were friends, able to join each other in battle, talk to each other via the mic system, and that was that.

PS0 really won't be that simple if it plans to utilize the online capability of the DS. As it seems, this title intends to do just that, and that also entails a lot of things to need to get around. MP:H's system worked alright for the game, but something like a random teammate finder will suffer many flaws, a large one being playing with people in your level range, or finding them for that matter. I truly hope something like a lobby system will be implemented into this new installment as it has for previous Phantasy Star (online) titles. I'm fairly optimistic, but looking back on the many DS releases with online capability and applying it to this game, I simply hope I don't regret it.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text, but that's my two cents.

Last edited by Orphen; 02-12-2008 at 06:24 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Shadow Council

Of course, after PSU, I am very worried about the success of this game. I don't have much knowledge about the DS or the way it interacts online but I can say that if anyone on the site says its good i'll try it out.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:52 AM
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinee View Post
Um, what have crying newearls got to do with being or wanting to be Japanese?
Weaboos dont care, if its anime or has to do with anime or comes from japan they will buy it >.>