Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Games > Console Games

Old 04-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Knight

Send a message via AIM to Ashinator Send a message via MSN to Ashinator
so with XBL wots the way u pay for it when 360 comes out? Im definetly gettin a 360 no doubt about it....the full package though....just a few things though:

Whats the dimensions of the system?
Does the wireless controllers need batteries?
Is the HDD a removable iPod style drive that was rumoured ages ago?

If u like game music then check this site: OverClocked Remix
Old 06-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Knight

Send a message via MSN to TheUnnamedOne
1. It is about 1/2 the size of the XBox...
2. Yes, but it comes with rechargeable ones, that you can recharge whilst you play. They play for 40 Hours straight once fully charged
3. No, it is simply a Hard Drive

those are the answers best to my knowledge but i will double check on them!
Old 08-11-2005, 07:44 PM
Rookie Amateur

Send a message via MSN to tkhbecker Send a message via Yahoo to tkhbecker
Its all a marketing ploy. "My products better than yours" type of deal. If you were a merchant would you say "Here at company X were powerful, but not as powerful as company P"?

[EDIT] FFXI wa hyped alot on the PS2 over EQOA. Now you cant even find a decent group. When it hits the 360 it'll last as long as the PS2 did cause youll have both US and JP players w/ maxed classes and such.
Houndaer Ghaun, Male, Cast (L:H/R/F) 1:1/1/1
Jhannis Ghaun, Female, Beast (L:H/R/F) 1:1/1/1

Last edited by Lee-yoshi; 09-11-2005 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Double Post Merging! Please Edit your post if you have something new to say and were the last person to post in the thread in question!
Old 09-11-2005, 07:24 AM
Rookie Amateur

I think this letter from the editor of Game Informer sums up Microsoft's marketing strategy quite nicely.

"There is a wide variety of consumers who would be drawn to the unique, crippled gaming experience offered by the Core Package. Like, people who are just plain ignorant. Any gamers who want backwards compatability with the Core System will have to shell out an extra $100 for the hard drive anyway, so why not get more goodies for the same price? Of course, the whole pricing structure is really just an elaborate scam to fool well-meaning grandparents into buying the Core System for their grandkids, who will in turn trade in the fake system for the Premium Edition, thus officially scoring two Xbox 360 sales. Curse you and your marketing acumen, Microsoft!"

Granted, the majority of sales probably aren't coming from grandparents, but it seems to be a smart move on Microsoft's part nonetheless, as I believe that most consumers who purchase the Core System would be disappointed with the hardware/features offered, and would eventually upgrade to the Premium Edition.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Rookie Amateur

Thats the way I see it. Save up $100 get the better system and extra goodies. Or wait upto a year to get it discounted. That way they get all the bugs and defects outs before this one catches fire also...LOL
Old 06-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Apprentice

at our wal-mart the xbox360 that they left on for like 3 days caught on fire...its kinda funny but i also heard that the xbox360 can b sold for a lot more then what there selling it for now and if you wait until after the christmas season and a little more tword the summer u can get one for like 200 maybe even 150...so if u think u can hold out get one of those instead and yes i agree the buggs with it will also b fixxed as well so that will make it a better system
Old 07-12-2005, 01:33 AM
Rookie Amateur

Well, I got a friend who bought a Xbox 360 and then he went out and dropped a few thousand on a DLP LCD HDTV. I've played his Xbox 360 for at least 10 hours on various games and I must say that I'm not impressed with it. My main thing when is comes to a console is the games on it and not how good the graphics are or how the online play is. I've gotten to the point where I avoid online play like the plague. Between the cheaters, rude people, and the timmies (little kids) online play is just no fun for me. Then Microsoft wants to charge me to play with these types of people, I think not. At least with PS2 I can game with cheaters, rude people and timmies for free.

Most of the games on the Xbox 360 can be played on one of my current consoles. Perfect Dark Zero was cool at first but after about 6 hours of play I was bored with it. I was going to get a Xbox 360 (had to wait on second shipment) but have since changed my mind, at least at this time. I'll not get a Xbox 360 till some games come out on it that I want to play and can't play on another console.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Adept Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueazyCorpse
I've played his Xbox 360 for at least 10 hours on various games and I must say that I'm not impressed
Your on glue lad!

Old 08-12-2005, 12:45 AM
Master Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Arrogantelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueazyCorpse
I've played his Xbox 360 for at least 10 hours on various games and I must say that I'm not impressed

Your on glue lad!

No he's not. The box360 is a giant leap nowhere. Yawn. Played it all day in my local independent shop, cheers eynon and its the same old....dire.....c**p. Funnily enough he got 500pounds offered for his last 360. Why? who knows but 500 for a 360? he was on glue.

ROGUE lv200 Huney, L'il maia lv157 Racl,Rogue v2 huney lv42,
DAN smith5 Hucast for cmode.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:58 AM
Rookie Amateur

Went to Wal Mart today, and guess what? XBOX 360 will not be on disply till Feb 06. Something about it catching on fire while a parent left her kid for 2 hrs and went sshopping.