Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Banter > General Chat

Old 13-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Staff Member

Send a message via MSN to Serpent7
You can't go to add/remove programs in the Control Panel? If you've logged on only once since this happened, you could scanreg /restore, but I don't recommend it. Delete old profile, you'll lose options, but meh. Then download Xoftspy (Google it) and run a scan. You'll have to delete everything manually, but catch me on MSNM and I'll help.
Old 13-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Star Raider

Thanks. System Restore doesn't seem to work and there are no strange programs to delete. I think I'll just delete the old one - most of the programs are here too.
Old 13-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Knight

Reboot your computer in safe mode and do a full system virus scan. Spyware usually consists of Trojans and such so they should show up.
Old 16-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Staff Member

Nah-ah. In safe mode the malicious applications that are running may... not run. And the virus scanner may not see it. Best to find it first, then do that.
Old 16-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Star Raider

It's a crafty little devil, so I'll just delete the profile.
Old 17-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Staff Member

I still suggest you run Xoftspy...
Old 22-08-2005, 03:56 AM
Wizard

Hehehe, I have a mallicious Spyware Scanning program that hijacked my desktop when I got a whole bunch of trojans a while back. I unplugged my connection because I know that the link it said to click wasn't originally installed on my PC. My mom was like "click it! It's norton" or something. lol, I'm glad the internet cable was unplugged . Anyways, I can't delete the registry key, and my programs can't delete it either. So, it is set to always block from installation. I also deleted it's start up functions so when the computer boots up, it doesn't start. Basically, it forces you to install the scanner, and it scans for PC, records the programs and gives the list to companies who force you to see pop ups. It's not a threat, and isn't one anymore. I looked up how to remove it, but it takes a few programs. If you really need help, look for forums on the internet who offer help with removing spyware.

http://forums.techguy.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54

I went there to get help...I didn't ask about my hijacker though because I don't want to mess around with my PC just yet. There are many other sites with great help. You could get it professionally fixed though. Good luck.
Old 22-08-2005, 04:28 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent7
Nah-ah. In safe mode the malicious applications that are running may... not run. And the virus scanner may not see it. Best to find it first, then do that.
=o

Couple months ago I had a bad trojan horse I couldn't find in normal mode and nortons site told me to run in safe mode and scan the computer and i found the virus
Old 22-08-2005, 05:16 AM
Inferno Legions

Send a message via AIM to Kashima Send a message via MSN to Kashima Send a message via Yahoo to Kashima
Google search hijack this and then go to their part of the website where you copy and paste the log. I had a similar problem to that a few months ago. One deleting the user profile does not help because the desktop hijacker could be attatched to something you save and carry over to the new one. Two spyware and virus scans dont find it . Three it can corrupt your operating system overtime because it did so with mine
Old 22-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Shadow Council

Location: In a re-inforced cardboard box floating in the ocean
Send a message via MSN to Dark Imakuni
I use Ad-Aware SE and Microsoft AntiSpyware to scan and Spyware Blaster to stop it coming in. You'll have to do a search for them though - can't remember what the URL's are ^_^;