Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Phantasy Star > Phantasy Star Online 2

Old 22-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Virtuoso

Send a message via MSN to dnd
Call of Mortality

Octobers update deserves a flashy title, because, wow, its like, huge....

Features:

Lv50 level cap (No more exp full for awhile, yay)
Very hard mode unlocked + 'rare' boss spawns only on this difficulty (King vardha, oh boy)
2 new PA's per weapon class, 1 new tech per element
Many, many new weapons added (more on this below)
New field called 'Darkers Den' and no, its not psogc/bb ruins (Boooo) think PSZ ruins
Tons new costumes, but nothing new there
Halloween lobby and possibly halo rappys aswell (like in summer)
Subclasses! (more below aswell)

New weapons:
Well, the first 10 star rare weapons and 6(?) star common weapons are being added some point during October, alot of old weapons are being put in, at some point, they include.

Demo comet, imperial pick, Berdysh, guld milla, Yas 9k, Frozen shooter, Mahu, Demonic fork, cadacus, Prophets of Motav, Elysion, Sting tip, Silence claw, Girasole, windmill and L&K 14 combats.

Most retain their old weapon classes, however some appear grouped with others (Frozen shooter for one - assault rifle)... sad to say, but the demo comet was my first ult mode pso drop and I can only imagine how awesome it will be in pso2 - I will be buying/finding one asap x_x

Subclasses:

Probably the biggest part of the update and the main update I've been looking forward to since the game launched...

To keep it simple - the subclass system allows you to effectively be two classes at once. You can use the subclass’ photon arts, technics, and skills but there’s a catch. You can only use your main class’ weapon categories.

In addition to this, whatever subclass you pick provides 20% of its base stats as a boost to your main class (excluding pp?). Which to be fair, isnt a great deal in terms of overall boosts, as seen below: (bare in mind, im running 1388 s-atk at max and that's with a weakish weapon, meh ability's and ofc, newman base atp)

Imo, the biggest advantage to the whole subclass thing is enabling non-force classes to cast techs. For sure i will be a fighter main class, with the techer sub-class, for quite a simple and effective reason...

Infinite shifta for fighter for soloing - instead of just 5 per run (items), in addition, techers can get up to a 10% boost (29% atp rise, iirc) and up to 10% crit buff for shifta. The same for deband (But 10% flat damage reduction, instead of the crit buff) - restas to save on items during exceedingly damage heavy boss fights (And they will heal alot, hail newman mst \o/).

Personally, i cant wait for this to happen, the only other update im hyped for is the dark falz update, comming soon(tm)

Currently hunting: Rika's claw (69 Dark Falz kills so far)

Last edited by dnd; 22-09-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 24-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to K_I_R_E_E_K
Thanks for the news dnd.
PSO2 is a constant work in progress i see.
Old 28-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Sounds pretty busy! Are the servers still crowded or have people started wandering away from the game to make them put all of this out maybe?
Old 29-09-2012, 02:21 AM
Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-yoshi View Post
Sounds pretty busy! Are the servers still crowded or have people started wandering away from the game to make them put all of this out maybe?
To be fair, i haven't seen a huge drop of players - never seen a full ship since they updated the servers either. Ship 7 still has tons of full blocks in jp peak times.

Pso2 won't be finished updating for years, this october update is the biggest since launch imo.

Still, leaves me worried for the state of the English release and just how far behind it will be... :/

Old 30-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Star Raider

Surely they'll bring the Western releases up to date with the Japanese version, content-wise? It's not like they're expansion packs or anything so they have no reason not to. Besides, it would be unusual for an online game to have its servers in different states of updates. I'm sure we'll get all this stuff (and more!) on release.

But yeah, subclass - awesome!
Old 03-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulkie View Post
Surely they'll bring the Western releases up to date with the Japanese version, content-wise? Besides, it would be unusual for an online game to have its servers in different states of updates.
But yeah, subclass - awesome!
Whilst i never played PSU, i heard that this wasnt the case and it got pretty nasty at the end of the english online cycle (2 years behind, iirc?)

The Jap servers are going to be completely independent of the Eu/Na ones, so having different levels of content wont really effect it - All be it a really stupid idea to with-hold the content....

What i think, is the EU release is going to have everything up to this months update (Lv50/very hard/darkers den/subclasses) then release the rest of the updates every 2 weeks till its not that far behind. Anyway!

The first part of the update is going to land in Japan on the 10th of October (one week) which enables pretty much everything (lv50/sub-classes/rare bosses/10star weapons). Its also been confirmed that a force subclass allows a hunter/ranger to cast techs, now I can be happy and actually play my hunter as I intended >_>;

Old 07-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Yea EU PSU was always a fair bit behind JP PSU from what I remember! But as Faulkie said, they should definitely just release it as it currently stands in Japan at the time of release, otherwise it's always going to be playing catch-up!

Also, hunters & rangers can't cast techs? :/
Old 08-10-2012, 04:10 AM
Virtuoso

Nope, hunters (+fighters) and rangers (+gunner) cannot use techs out the box (Anyone who has been unfortunate enough to play pso2
with me would of heard my rage many times about this xD)... you can even assign them to your sub-pallet, but they are grayed out..

However, as soon as you change your class to force (Or techer), its like sega flips a switch which enables the usage of techs (yay!) like this.

You can even use techs without a 'force' weapon (or any at all) equipped, just as long as you are a force/techer (And come October 10th, pick it as the subclass)

Sazan lv5, looks much better in motion being a tornado and all :3

Now - moar news on the updating, this time, its not that good news, which is a shame...

ALL lv11+ tech/pa disks and 10 star rare items being added in this patch (and future patches) will NOT be trade-able or sell-able on the player shops,
in addition 2-5(6?) star common items are going to give back alot less meseta when selling to the npc shops.
(However boss and rare spawns will drop 'Alot more' meseta to balance it out and stop people farming weapon/unit drops endlessly in freefield quests)

Sega are putting these measures into the game because 'Players feel the enjoyment and accomplishment of finding rare items is lost' and to combat inflation
because currently 'The economy would become harsh for new and returning players. Meseta’s value will decrease and the joys of acquiring it is lost.'

Now, my personal view on these changes? Not needed, pointless and utterly stupid. Unless i get a good free field run (read: not farming) I can make roughly 10-20k
meseta in 20 or so mins, which is one attempt at adding an ability/grinding a rare item (which almost always fails ).

The whole preventing 10stars/lv11+ disks from being traded or sold really, really sucks aswell - that awkward moment a guld milla drops and you have no intention of
being the gunner class, and so on... (Also means I cant buy a demo comet and finding one will be almost impossible, I imagine)

Old 14-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Virtuoso

Double posting intentionally (please don't merge posts) so it flags as a new post for people who saw the last one - more info:

After a really rather shaky patch-day or two for the game, things are back in full swing and I bring yet more happy tidings for pso2 and the state of the game...

Firstly, day one of this patch was very shaky, mostly because everyone was adjusting to the decreases in meseta gains (2* + items sell for now 80% less), but also because of something horrific sega left in the game...

The exp required to hit lv42 hit the community like a baseball bat to the face (namely, 2.84 million. Up from 91k from lv40-lv41). However, within hours they announced a patch to 'Rebalance the exp curve'.

Why that was left in? I have no idea, the producer says since pso2's launch - the game has been rebalanced multiple times (The idea was, to get to lv41-lv50 exp from mostly rare spawns and interrupt codes) and whilst it was their intention to increase the time it took to level, it wasn't by that much. Whilst I say good job sega for fixing it within a day, I cant help but be disappointed it was left in the game to start with. Many people I spoke to about the exp increases said it killed the game off for them, which sucked.

After the exp curve has been fixed, its far more reasonable now... lv41-42 is 284k, lv42-43 is 483k, lv43-44 is 690k and so on. As an example, the exp required to hit lv50 before the patch totalled in at an awesome 173.4 million. With the new exp curve in place, that gets you to almost lv64.....

Now, moving on to more fun stuff...

The great meseta nerf of October? After (finally) unlocking very hard mode, my income of meseta has been the same as it was from running hard mode, so I don't really see the nerf...

In addition, for the 19th of October sega are reducing the price of healing based items, medical drinks AND grinding (I assume adding attributes/ability's is included aswell). Mostly because right now for people who are unlucky and are still a low level when this patch hit, its almost impossible to buy trimates/grind weapons or slot units . Hey, I'll take cheaper items any day .

Very hard mode: Well, boy, where do I start...

Everything has insanely increased health over hardmode
Everything hits so hard its not even funny
Everything is far more aggressive over hardmode
Tons of creatures have new attacks/attack patterns
Alot of creatures have rare, super powerful spawns (Every boss has a rare version, think konderu from blue burst, just with far superior stats increases)

Example damages now:
Lv33 hard mode rockbear (w/ stage two mutation). Punches my char for about 130-160. its ultimate attack hits for ~500
Lv43 v.hard rockbear (w/ stage one mutation) Punches my char for 200-250, its ultimate attack hit for 837

Very hard is alot of fun, puts a challenge back into pso2 again, you need to really be careful of all the creatures on the field near you again, there really is not alot of room for error when needing to dodge/block because being hit (unless there is 1-2 spawns up) will mean you dieing if not lucky.

Also I've noticed player counts gone up on average.. the interrupt event that happened half an hour ago had 13 full blocks and another 20 between 50-75% full

Quick edit: Dark falz first phase model has been datamined, in addition to icons and models for everyone's avorite duped items the double cannon and physco wand - expect to see them in the game soon(tm)

Last edited by dnd; 14-10-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 14-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to K_I_R_E_E_K
I guess sega didn't expect ppl to lvl up so fast, still the xp curve will be changed to distribute the exp for all levels.

Kinda reminds me in PSO GC the last 2 levels.