Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Ragol.co.uk Matters > Ragol.co.uk Feedback

Old 21-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to ALMSIVI Send a message via MSN to ALMSIVI
About the Rules

Recently, I had posted a link to a PSO-related site (http://tychopso.oddigytitanium.com/index.html) to help answer a question relating to drop rates. My post, however, was moderated, telling me that "linking to other PSO sites is against the forum rules". However, in the rules, not only do I not see a mention of not linking to PSO sites, but my link was directly related to a topic of discussion.

4 - Off Site Linking
Off site linking is strictly disallowed, unless it is directly related to the topic in question. If you want to advertise your site or clan, you are welcome to put a link in your signature.

However, my problem with this rule goes deeper than my own simple post. I wish to inquire why it seems to be against the rules to post useful information that my conflict with that of this site, or may not be here at all. In fact, I specifically recall a time in the past where users could be banned for arguing statistics with the moderator Kefka.

This is not a rant, nor is it an attack. I simply wish to know why such knowledge seems to be so frowned upon at these boards. Admittedly, I am also curious as to how long it will take before this post is edited or deleted due to these very problems of censorship.
Old 22-02-2007, 12:34 AM
Staff Member

Send a message via MSN to Poo Fly
Got a link to the moderated post? theres little reason why that site should be added out, i dont believe there is anything harmful there.
and generally nothing will be edited unless it does contain something which could cause harm to the game or the users of these forums.

also, when was this posting of conflicting information going on, theres very little not agreed upon outside of opinions of what the best way to play is, and you seem to keep referring back to the incidents involving whiteninja and the rest of you, to which i simply suggest you get over it, you cant change whats happened in the past, but things can improve afterwards, how many other situations like that have you seen here since?

You have a heavily biased view on things here, you seem to believe its some kind of prison where if you post anything out of the ordinary, you will be punished, this is very far from the truth, and i for one would happily discuss anything you have to say, include that of which items you think is best to use.

And then onto kefka, you keep bringing him up too, note how he isnt around much anymore, he;s really busy these days, but from what i know of the guy, hes a good person, he knows PSO, he's good fun to party with, and puts the well being of the site and game ahead of everything else. yeah i am quite fond of the guy.
Then again, i was also fond of whiteninja, he was a great guy to have around here, whilst he was, regular poster, always had something worthwhile to say, unfortunately never got a chance to play with him ingame.

Things got out of hand once, i'll admit i might not understand the entire story, but i know enough, i ask you to please leave it behind and move on, and notice that everyone else here is happy.
Old 22-02-2007, 12:57 AM
Staff Member

*shrugs* I'll admit it was me who modified the post. My reasoning behind it is that the exact same thing was done to me twice in the past... so it caused me to believe such actions were how things work... but if it's not I'll glady put the link back up.

If anything it's merely a misunderstanding from the same problem being done from me. After all, I was learning from the moderators at that time... sooo... if one screws up repeatedly, we're all doomed is sometimes the case. XD *giggles*

Sorry about that Mewone. =n.n= We all learn from our own mistakes more than anything else anyways. =P

EDIT: Oh, I'll just mention another more recent time where a link to PSU-Pedia was also removed due to it linking to another PSO/PSU site even though it answered the user's question. Learn by example, and the example may or may not have been the right way, now I'm all foggy about it.
Old 22-02-2007, 01:56 AM
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to ALMSIVI Send a message via MSN to ALMSIVI
You do remember...then why have I not been banned? Or has this place really changed so much? I don't really have much to say about Kefka, other than that he used to delete posts that conflicted with his beliefs in the game ("inherent accuracy" of Slicers being false, Mechguns on Hunters being effective, Needle vs. Shot, etc.).

This was the basis for the situation on these boards, and the reason why a few were banned for "Reason: None". whiteninja was involved in posting some of the truthful statistics that were deleted. The main one that comes to mind was actually from PSO-World, in which he displayed the difference between a Demon's Laser heavy attack and a Bringer's Rifle heavy attack, with a caption reading, "This signature is here for Reason: None." with some additional text about how it would be removed "Never" (referring to his banning on Ragol).

I believe Kefka was on edge after being confronted on multiple boards about the aforementioned things, and finally decided to remove the posters (correct as they were) from one of the sources. I believe the main one to chase him to-and-fro was whiteninja, which comes as no surprise to me, due to his stalker-ish behavior with me. If WN went to the same extremes he did with me, I can hardly blame Kefka for wanting to be rid of him.

However, the truly odd thing to me was when the administrators sided with him in banning me for arguing some of these same points here, with no actual infractions of the rules ("Reason: None"). It was described by Lee Yoshi as a "board invasion", though there were only about three or four of us (two of which used the same name). Our intent here was to argue against his false claims.

I'm not angry about my post being modded or anything (don't worry about it, Pink), I just thought it would be a good way to bring this into the light. Perhaps the boards really have changed for the better.

*PSO = loldrama*
Old 22-02-2007, 02:28 AM
Staff Member

Well first things first, we know who you are, kudos to pink for realising first, but i'd like to hear what you have to say.

Like i said before i don't know the whole story, just of what was occuring here, in which the topic itself moved pretty fast, but if whiteninja was hounding kefka over a number of forums then i'd understand a little more to wanting to stop it happening, and as for banning you and the others, it did seem like nothing but trolling from what was happening at the time.

Also, ever thought that maybe the reason saying "none" is just the default one given if nothing is entered. theres nothing saying that a reason has to be given, after all.

and to be clear, any and all discussion on most things are welcomed here, always have been and always will be, pink, myself and the other moderators are here to ensure these discussions stay civilised and dont lead to anything that'll harm anyone else, there should be no valid reason why anyone should feel they have to really watch what they say here.

Last edited by Poo Fly; 22-02-2007 at 02:30 AM.
Old 22-02-2007, 02:52 AM
Tsorovan M'Hael

Send a message via Yahoo to Teh EkwEE
Guys get over it. Although I am no longer a Mod, (I cleared that situation up with Pink and apologized sincerly.) it seems to me like this is nit-picking, Pink did not consult the forum rules (For once it seems. Pink= Rule Nazi) , and made a mistake, Alimsiv (Spelling error out of not giving a fudge.) pointed it out.

You'd also know Poo-Fly, that the "we know who you are, and that you were banned" threat holds no sway. I don't see the poster in question violating rules, merely pointing out a mistake by a mod is a vaild topic. Get over it. There's no reason for threatening the poster in question. Who, by the spelling and sentence structure looks like they aren't semi-retarded, which is above 90% of posters here, and 99% of PSOWorld's posters.

We also have a second chance policy based on CURRENT account violations. Never written in text, but think about how many chances DM got? And Decs and Sol were WAY too lenient with him and myself in our last little flame war. As long as there is no problem, a little rebelliousness from the posters in the form of looking to nail the Mods on a rule slip up is poetic irony, is it not?

Because when you look at it. Pink got pwnt.

*Takes up cause as the "rebel" of Ragol* BYAH!

"How fortunate for those in power that people do not think"-Adolf Hitler
Old 22-02-2007, 03:12 AM
Staff Member

Also note that there is no threat, merely a statement led on from him wondering why he was yet to be banned again. and besides rejoining the site under a different guise, hasnt done much wrong, bringing up sensitive issues isn't the best thing to do though, but i'll happily discuss them.
Old 22-02-2007, 04:49 AM
Staff Member

Ya know Ekwee... you can try not to come off as an ass one of these times... =P Eh, no harm done though... (and I'm not a rule nazi... *grumbles*)

There's no need for any sort of heated debates or anything going on around here... it's those exact things that I AVOID on PSO/PSU forums because it leads to a generally damaged community. (There's plenty of exampes out there... XD)

So basically... any sensitive topic is pretty well guarenteed to be watched like a hawk... XD So just be sure not to be too insulting, and certainly not flaming, or anything else to aggitate nerves when posting about them. Debates are nice, as long as they're calm and polite.

I too don't mind listening to what everyone has to say, as long as the environment stays sufficiently friendly. I'd weep if Ragol became like so many other forums out there... ESPECIALLY if it becomes even remotely close to what the official boards are like... I looked there for a few minutes and was instantly disgusted. XD

And now to touch on just a couple things...

I only knew it was Mewone cause I recognized his characters instantly. XD

I don't mind giving someone a second chance since Mewone's being nice and civilized about it thus far, so why not? Most people who manage to get a second account just come back to make an utter ass of themself... like Whiteninja... =u.u=

And lastly... my mistake was merely because of bad examples. XD Remember kiddies, if you don't do it right and no one tells you that you did something wrong, it'll never be fixed. XD (I'm particularly prone to learning from my mistakes for most things... it sticks easier that way. XD)

Right... I think that's all.
Old 22-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Tsorovan M'Hael

Send a message via Yahoo to Teh EkwEE
I was in no way being an ass, I merely stated that you are a rule Nazi. (And you are. ), Remember when I posted my coming back thread and you jumped on me like a wolf on a llama? Remember that, now dontcha ya?

Yes you do. Mewone? I don't remember that user, must've been when I was gone. And although my post usually convey a sense of being assinine, I myself am not. I was merely being concise to the point I was making. Relating in no way to being a sarcastic ass. I apologize if it made it seem that way. But you still got p\/\/n3d like a nub.

"How fortunate for those in power that people do not think"-Adolf Hitler
Old 22-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Staff Member

I think the banning(s) were largely due to disturbing the peace of the forums. If you disturb the peace and annoy a large volume of members by spamming threads everywhere, the staff are bound for the community to take what they feel the route cause of the problem is and eliminate it.

It's not what was done it was the way it was done, if someone fills up forums with spam topics full of "Kefka got pwnt" or whatever it was, I can't really remember, they're gonna be banned. Other users need to see which topics were posted in last, and they can't do that effectively if many forums are clogged up with spam!

WN claimed that it wasn't him who did that, but after he was banned it stopped. Curious, that. Maybe it wasn't him, but he was a ringleader in causing these disturbations and once he was removed, peace was restored. It had to be done for the good and flowing continuity of the forums!

Of course then WN made himself into a martyr, claiming that he was banned because of what he was saying, not the way he was hounding on at Kefka over public boards with no respect for the general forumers.

These are public boards, and they're not a right either. If you get banned it's for a good reason.