Ragol.co.uk Forums  

Go Back   Ragol.co.uk Forums > Ragol.co.uk Matters > Ragol.co.uk Feedback

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 28-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to K_I_R_E_E_K
Someone is entering the answer manually, i fear the cenario when i return tomorrow.
I say in the last few hours 6 spam bots have apeared (altough some were made by the same person)

The image verification can be tricked manually and automaticly(if the spam bot can read the image), the human verification (question) can only be avoided manually so i consider this as an unlucky set of events.
I can see that some bots become stuck in the registration but after some time they pass it, i assume someone answers the question manually wich is something that can happen with a image verification.

Some of them also become stuck when they try to change the signature, i'm not sure if it's active or not, but i think Lee disabled signature edit if the member is new, if that's the case then it helps.

Last edited by K_I_R_E_E_K; 29-07-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Staff Member

FYI all you have to do to trick image verification is list all the possible images (most image verification systems aren't an algorythm they're merely about 16 stored images which generate themselves randomly) and manually enter the data into your macro so that the macro can either have a 1/x chance of success or you can make a more complex spam system which relates the file size of the on-page image (usually all images differ lsightly in file size) to its table of possible answers. It's a real pain