Thread: Nintendo DS
View Single Post
Old 13-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Nice one Bojangle, that saves me a job of posting!

GOLDIE has also put up a few screenies of a couple of the Nintendo DS Games that were smiliarly announced. Its on the frontpage of this website!

Nintendo Offical Magazine were allowed backstage to get a hands-on of every game Nintendo had to offer! I suggest you might wanna check out their DS E3 coverage for more info on almost any DS game! If it's screenies you love (For all you with broadband!), they've also uploaded a few for each game in album form! Also E3 footage of all the games have been added to GameTrailers.com. Direct links below!

Wario Ware Inc.
CLICK HERE!
Footage Click to download: .mov (Quicktime) .wmv (Windows Media Player)

Pictochat!
CLICK HERE!

Super Mario 64 (x 4)
CLICK HERE!

New Super Mario Bros.
CLICK HERE!

Mario Kart DS
CLICK HERE!

Animal Crossing
CLICK HERE!

Metroid Prime: Hunters
CLICK HERE!

Also, SEGA have plans to release 2 games 'Sonic DS' and 'Project Rub' which will make use of the touch screen system. Sounds cool! The one shown at E3 was Sonic in a Track & Field style game, where you had to rub the screen as fast as possible to make Sonic run faster! But which game is that? lol

[EDIT] Some more news!

Nintendo have announced that the Nintendo DS will also make use of the same system the GBA uses when it comes to 'Games Sharing'. I.e. where on some GBA games, you only need one cartridge to play a game across several GBA's for the multiplayer! Excellent news!

However, along with the good, the bad always follows!

Nintendo have said that the supply for LCD screens is HUGE! Nintendo are workly closely with Sharp (Who'll obviously be producing them), and suspect that during production, there could be a sudden supply halt because demand is so big! LCD's today are needed for everything. Mobile Phones, PDA's, andnow the Nintendo DS, and Sony PSP. Its just to much fro them to handle! Satoru Iwata himself said:

"Ordinarily, if we said to a supplier that we plan to make a product with two screens, they would be happy, but this time they said, 'two screens, that's a bit of a challenge. Of course we have no intention of taking a huge loss in the beginning, but I'm not sure if we can efficiently boost profit from the start like we did with the Game Boy Advance, but this is something I think we can repair with time."

Could this mean a sudden boost in the price?

Analysts are predicting the price of the Nintendo DS to be $150 (126, 84), which is actually not flipping bad considering the GBA's price! However, a more suitable price will no doubtedly be given by Ninty closer to the time.

Last edited by Lee-yoshi; 13-05-2004 at 02:47 PM.