Ragol.co.uk Forums

Ragol.co.uk Forums (http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Console Games (http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   a few DS questions (http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8974)

jarl 31-10-2005 03:47 PM

a few DS questions

as in a lot. ok:

1. super mario DS, i cant find luigi. HELP!!
2. nanostray=good game, but what does 'y' do?
3. where can i get cheapass games for my DS? i have like NO money!
4. any ideas how long/far the wireless thingy is?
5. can someone recommend some really good must-have games? (includes GBA games)
6. is there anywhere i can save something so it doesnt get lost as soon as i turn my DS off, or is there only volatile memory?
7. how much battery does closing the screens save? will it make the battery last twice as long or what?
8. can i play every single game in every single DS? wil the fact that i have a european DS stop me from playing any games (GBA games included)

Faulkie 31-10-2005 09:04 PM

Ok, I'll answer the ones I can:
1) Ok, I had trouble finding him too. In Big Boo's haunt, you have to wall kick up to a platform with Mario (above the man-eating piano I think) and there will be a Luigi painting.
2) Pass!
3) You can pick up second hand DS games from GAME for about £10-15.
4) Up to 300m I think.
5) From what I have, I say that Wario Ware, Mario 64, Project Rub and Bomberman are must-have DS games. As for GBA, maybe a pokémon game?
6) Do you mean stuff you've drawn? No, sorry.
7) It saves some, that's all I know...
8) Yeah you can, that's what makes it so cool. Not sure about GBA games though...

Hope that helped!

Lee-yoshi 31-10-2005 10:33 PM

Both Nintendo DS and GameBoy Advance games are all region free, so you can play GBA games in any Nintendo DS or GameBoy Advance, and any Nintendo DS games in any Nintendo DS! As to what games to recommend, save your money, November is just around the corner, and all the amazing stuff is coming so soon! November 25th is defo a date to be in GAME for Sonic Rush & Mario Kart DS! Aside from that, whats available now, Bomberman DS, Project Rub, Advance Wars (Aparently) and Nintendogs (Aparently, even though i've got it! lol) are all must have games for DS! GBA games? Pokemon, obviously! Then games like Fire Emblem and Advance Wars, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, maybe one of the Sonic Advance games, The Legend of Zelda games, how about the Phantasy Star Collection? :P

As to your screensaver/standby related questions, i'd say it saves the battery life by maybe 2 - 4 depending on how the game uses the feature. All of the game data is stored temporarily in a small flash HDD internally found in the Nintendo DS. It's not big enough for permanent game saves, but uses it when putting games on standby so it can recall the data when you open it up again to carry on from where you left off! To save games? Well that depends on the game. Like GBA games, you either save it onto the cartridge using a save feature found in the games, or you can't save at all. You may find that with some DS games, but not many i should have thought. All game saves go on the DS cartridges.

jarl 01-11-2005 04:23 PM

ok, thanks a lot guys. im off to see if i can find advance wars DS (its out in america :P) bomberman and project rub whatever that is with £10 (wish me luck lol)

lee, i meant when i said saving, the pictures, etc (for example, write down a phone number in picto chat, store it and then come back later to put it somewhere else). but faulkies got that one. unfortunately :P

just got one more:

original GB games work in GB colour. GB colour games work in GBA. GBA games works in DS. why dont GB+GB colour games work in DS? ive seen its something to do with the shape of the cartridge, but is there a reason for this?

ok, i just read the project rub website and just NO!! i would like a game that i wouldnt feel to mega-embarrassed playing in public :P

Lee-yoshi 01-11-2005 04:28 PM

Advance Wars DS is out in the UK too! lol

And the reason why GameBoy and GameBoy Colour games don't work in the Nintendo DS is because Nintendo never put the appropriate emulators into the DS hardware because it would have affected the price of the DS when they know that most people wouldn't be using it. The GameBoy Advance has the emulation hardware installed to be able to display and play GameBoy and GameBoy Colour games, the Nintendo DS, simply doesn't!

jarl 01-11-2005 04:40 PM

p.p.s- weres big boo's haunt?

Faulkie 01-11-2005 04:46 PM

Go through one of the brown doors in the entrance hall and keep going (down the corridor with the Boo) and kill one of the Boos and he'll drop this little thing (looks like a merry go round :P). Walk into that and you're there.

And project Rub - embarassing?! You'll have your friends queuing for miles to have a go at touching her up! (If your friends are anything like mine at least. :D)

jarl 01-11-2005 05:37 PM

lol, and before that ill be yelling at the screen, blowing on it and shaking it and shooting it and...

well, you get the idea :P

N1NJ4 01-11-2005 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faulkie
Ok, I'll answer the ones I can:
1) Ok, I had trouble finding him too. In Big Boo's haunt, you have to wall kick up to a platform with Mario (above the man-eating piano I think) and there will be a Luigi painting.
Hope that helped!

Not the piano! haha.

Go in the haunt. up the stairs. then to the right. go to the platform with the red box. make mario inflate and then there will be an upper level kind of thing. and then go through the door and there you are!

took me a week believe it or not.

Faulkie 01-11-2005 09:08 PM

Erm... what he said...

And get Nintendogs!! I just got it and it SO cool. My Nintendog is SO CUTE!!