Ragol.co.uk Forums

Ragol.co.uk Forums (http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Phantasy Star Online 2 (http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Finally getting around to PSO2! (http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13519)

Lee-yoshi 23-01-2014 10:46 PM

Finally getting around to PSO2!

Hey guys, wow it's been a long time since anything has happened here. Thanks SEGA for finally getting around to publishing that once promised English version of Phantasy Star Online 2! *cough*

So does anyone here who's still checking this place (Or stumbled across it again for memory sakes) still play PSO2? The Japanese release I'm talking about - Because it's the only version there is!

I've finally decided to get my arse in gear and try it out. Installing it is proving tough enough, but when I finally get there, is anyone else still on it?

Obviously to install it I've got several guides (Not to mention K_I_R_E_E_K's of course - Here). I'll let you know when I get this b*****d working!

Also, any top PSO2 tips for a (I can't believe I'm even saying this...) newbie? :O

Tesya 24-01-2014 12:39 AM

I had it installed once , but my poor little pc simply couldnt handle it :( , hope you enjoy it though ( looks good ).

K_I_R_E_E_K 24-01-2014 07:50 PM

I don't even know if the guides are still valid, in anycase, make sure you search for an english unofficial patch for the game, that might help make sense of the game if you don't understand jp languange.

Lee-yoshi 25-01-2014 02:30 PM

Hmmm, unfortunately it doesn't seem to want to let me install the game, which is pretty rubbish :-( It gets as far as the updater and then comes up with an error saying it can't update or something (Error 434)... anyone else had this problem/know of a work around? I've had a little look around the internet but nothing helpful :-(

K_I_R_E_E_K 25-01-2014 03:22 PM

You can try a few things:
- disable any firewalls and antivirus you have
- run as administrator
- deleter pso2 downloads folder ( /documents/sega/phantasystaronline2)

If these don't work then sega is blocking your ISP, find a way to use a proxy to download the content

Lee-yoshi 26-01-2014 06:10 PM

Not to worry, I actually got the downloader working yesterday - turns out the problem was much deeper than 1st thought! Aparently I haven't had Windows Firewall or Windows Update working for the last year :O After spending 6 hours on the internet to get it to work they're both working again now, my computer is once again up-to-date and protected, and I can download the 21,000+ updates to PSO2!!! This might take a while... lol

EDIT
After finally getting my computer to run the game, I have at last played PSO 2! Woohoo! :D

It's AWESOME! And of course, very PSO-like. The only problem is I have no clue what's going on or where I go after completing the tutorial lol! Oh ell, something to work out next time I think, hehe! :D

If anyone is still online, I've joined Ship 2 - Aparently that's where the majority of English speaking folk are?

K_I_R_E_E_K 02-02-2014 01:18 PM

Yes, ship 2 seems to be where most players are.
Will you start a ragol.co.uk clan? (don't even know if there are teams/clans in pso2)

Lee-yoshi 04-02-2014 08:47 PM

I'll have to have a look around the next time I get some more time in the game! Have you played the game K_I_R_E_E_K?

And i've no idea if you can start a team in PSO2, though I'll hold off making one right now because it'll just be a team made up of one rubbish level character lol!

K_I_R_E_E_K 05-02-2014 01:28 AM

I can't say i have, i've been playing warframe instead, on PSO2 only used the caracter creation really, but the way they treat players and how the game mechanics work made me pick something else.
I mean, i guess it's a fun game, but i'm more of a PSO1 kind of guy.

Lee-yoshi 09-02-2014 01:23 PM

Hehe, can't blame you for being more of a PSO1 guy really! Ah, good memories :-) I'd be happy if they just re-released that again!