Ragol.co.uk Forums

Ragol.co.uk Forums (http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Help! (http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Find JP/US ships, 50/60Hz mode (http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2359)

decswxaqz 06-06-2004 12:10 PM

Find JP/US ships, 50/60Hz mode

A common problem we are asked about, is where are the JP and US ships when an EU player goes online. Well, it's because you are running the game in 50Hz mode. By default (for some reason), Sega doesn't tell you about the 60Hz mode and puts you in 50Hz mode. So when you try to go onilne, you will be presented with just one ship (as of 9th June 2004 this ship (Formhault) will/has be brought down and not replaced).

To enter 60Hz mode, hold down B when the GC starts up, until you are presented with a PSO screen. Not all TVs will support 60Hz but most TVs in the last 3 years should support it. Select the option and when you go online, you should be presented with all the ships available. When you switch off and on again, you won't need to hold down B as the screen will come up automatically.

Gotien 06-06-2004 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decswxaqz
A common problem we are asked about, is where are the JP and US ships when an EU player goes online. Well, it's because you are running the game in 50Hz mode. By default (for some reason), Sega doesn't tell you about the 60Hz mode and puts you in 50Hz mode. So when you try to go onilne, you will be presented with just one ship (as of 9th June 2004 this ship (Formhault) will/has be brought down and not replaced).

To enter 60Hz mode, hold down B when the GC starts up, until you are presented with a PSO screen. Not all TVs will support 60Hz but most TVs in the last 3 years should support it. Select the option and when you go online, you should be presented with all the ships available. When you switch off and on again, you won't need to hold down B as the screen will come up automatically.

Tnx.........yeah :D

Scott Bull 29-07-2004 01:37 AM

Problem Solved.

This problem has been rectified by Sega/Sonic Team as they have removed the 50Hz server.

Serpent7 04-08-2004 04:04 PM

Yeah, so now, if you d/c as soon as you connect, you'll need to switch to 60Hz mode, the way decs said up there ^^^

Scott Bull 05-08-2004 01:24 AM

GO-GO BALL Rocks!

I think Sega done this due to the lack in activity on PSO now, PSO3 wasn't as big a hit as they expected in Europe....either that or they have a secret conspiracy going with company's like Toshiba and Sanyo, to sell more TV's.

Serpent7 05-08-2004 10:59 AM

lol, I guess it was costing them too much to keep the server open.

Scott Bull 05-08-2004 04:40 PM

The Dice Are Loaded.

My money is still on a loss of interest in the game.

Serpent7 06-08-2004 10:51 AM

Or more people upgrading their TV's...

SilentBob 06-08-2004 03:54 PM

well the 50 hz servers sucked anyway, if u ask me.
my tv doesnt do 60 hz that graeat. the screen gets like..wide screen.
thats why all my chars are so slim xP

Serpent7 06-08-2004 04:22 PM

Is there an Aspect button on the remote? (Sometimes it's called dimension) Try pressing that a few times... (If there is)