Ragol.co.uk Forums

Ragol.co.uk Forums (http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Site Updates (http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   2012... (http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12326)

Lee-yoshi 14-03-2012 04:08 PM

Hi everyone!

I know right, the guy who owns this website is actually visiting... AND POSTING for the first time in about 18 months. Sorry about that :(

How's everyone doing?

So. Yea. With the future of this website in question, here's a question to you. What would make you visit & use Ragol.co.uk more? And do you still play Phantasy Star games at all?

Oooh, a poll!

Anyways, hope you've all been keeping well whilst I've been off galavanting around. :)

Lots of love,
Lee-yoshi

:P

K_I_R_E_E_K 14-03-2012 05:53 PM

O_O

I mean, updates similar to PSO world would be nice, but i'm not suited for that.
All i ask is a way to stop spam bots, while there hasn't been any spam in the forum, i'm getting pretty tired removing the bots everyday, i would be glad if the forum was "read only" or closed for registrations.
http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/modcp/
As you can see, the banned users list is huge.

I am usually around on dreamcast-talk and dc-emulation websites, espcially because of sylverant server, wich has surpassed schtserv by a long shot when it comes to PSO v2, while i can't play on the dc online, i can still enter using pso v2 for pc, usually to mess around, test stuff or to play the random game, it's not much but as one of the GMs, i need to be around for the players.
At the moment i don't play PSO BB, in fact i never did play the game, if i do use it then i'm probably either on Ultima server or eden server, i'm a regular player but i am alowed to do certain things and cheat as long it's not for my benefit, because of that i usually use pso bb for screenshots or to test skins, nothing else besides that.

I don't play PSU or PSP and i doubt i'll play PSO 2 as it ill be online only just like PSO BB, making the game unsuitable for my kind of gameplay.

Lee-yoshi 15-03-2012 01:29 PM

Wow, that's a lot of people! The rules should have changed again but if it continues to happen let me know first please :)

Yea unfortunately whilst I have the time to visit this place, I don't have it in me to post the kind of news updates I once used to be able. Ah, the memories!

So you're still playing the original Windows PSO? Wow, very cool. Is it still busy there online?

Nice to see you've stuck with Ragol KIREEK :D

K_I_R_E_E_K 15-03-2012 09:16 PM

Bots are usually easy to detect, the infor that they give such as username, email, ip and usually the "wich PSO do you play" pretty much gives them away, especially because they all have similar info.

Sylverant ins't that much populated, but pretty much all v2 players moved there as ******** server had no one that actually cared.
Mostly empty and may have 4-8 when games are arranged.
Still, there are plenty of guild cards beeing made every week, the guild cards start at 10000 and i have seen ppl with GC# at 12000, meaning 2000 different players, but most play and quit afterwards.
I still do a few skins for the game, but it's nothing major.

There are more users that come here, but it's very, very rare.
I usually open up a group of websites on firefox by default, this is one of them, only takes me 10 seconds to see if anything new is around and if there is a new bot i can ban.

Lee-yoshi 17-03-2012 02:04 PM

Hehe, i see!

It's a shame about this place really, but I've no-one to blame but myself really... well, maybe except SEGA! :P

So how come you didn't fancy PSU? And can you still play PSO: BB? :S

K_I_R_E_E_K 17-03-2012 08:49 PM

Yes, there are a couple of servers, ******** is still avaiable but they get problems occasionally.
I never got interested in PSU gameplay, it's good but i don't have the time to dedicate to that game.

Spam bots keep making accounts btw.

Lee-yoshi 19-03-2012 02:01 AM

I think I need to continue where i left off from my PSU game to give a proper opinion on it really, but just from playing what I have played of it, it just wasn't PSO, and couldn't compare. :( Any idea if anyone still plays PSU online? The Xbox 360 servers were pretty empty when the game had just been released so I hate to imagine how empty they are now!! :/

Also, they're still making accounts? Seriously? *sigh* I'll have to have another look into it all tomorrow. :(

K_I_R_E_E_K 19-03-2012 09:39 PM

Unfortunatly i can't tell how populated or how are things at the moment regarding PSU
PSO2 seems to be the "next best thing", but since it's online only just like BB then i won't be playing it.

Liu Bei 19-03-2012 11:28 PM

Hey Lee-yoshi! Hey Kireek!

Well I do play pso bb time to time, just not too much. It's still fun and all, and playing with people is still a blast! Hope I can see you play it.

Now...psu, I did play that game, but only offline. It was pretty good though. Ohh and I heard pso 2 is going to be on the playstaion vita, and I heard rumor that it could be on the ps3 too. I just hope it is! My computer is not tooo good.

Uae 19-03-2012 11:37 PM

Haven't played any in a while except on handhelds.

Never got into PSU that much, only place left to play that online is the 360 not sure what the community is like.

PSO2 sounds good but concerned about it being on the vita, I feel one of the reasons hackers flock to the PSO/U games is the lack of a hard-drive to patch out the exploits.

Also handheld game but online only seems like an odd choice, I would take the lack of power from a handheld to play a Phantasy Star game on a plane. Not sure about playing it at home almost exclusively, I like a handheld for holidays presumably international data will not be free on the PS Vita.