PDA

View Full Version : Teh o0ber PSOEp3 ski11z...

Forge
15-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Sorry about the title, but I was impressed with this:

The other day, I'd made myself a nasty Arkz combo deck to beat the Leukon Knight.

Now, for those of you who aren't entirely familiar with Mr LK, the rules give you an unshuffled deck, and he himself has 40 HP whilst you have 15 base. He has 9 MV, and his AP and TP swap between 2 and 7 every turn. He also changes immunities every turn, sometimes immune to tech attacks, sometimes to physical.

I started off with a decent roll that allowed me to cast my Nano Dragon right out of the bag. I also played a Dice+1 on my own Story Character (it was K.C.).

The next turn, Mr LK played Revolt, which would much about with my Dragon's stats, but I Cancelled it.

Soon, after a nice dance where Mr LK moved right up to us and cast Restrict Wave, setting our MV to 1, my Dragon was right next to him when he was immune to techs.

My turn. I roll an 8 for ATK, and I save them all to the ACT Phase. I have my nasty combo all set up, and so I play -
HP Attack > FL Attack > FL Attack > Beat

He uses a Wall to defend. My damage total says that it will deal 25 damage, before he defends.

Instead, I see the attack three times, as I realise that I have killed Mr LK in one hit, by dealing 52 damage to him...

Does anyone have any similar stories?

Or a viable deck that uses a similar combo to the one I used there, but in a shuffling game?

Jimbo1990
15-01-2006, 02:58 PM
0_o;; o.....m.......g thats goooood i've never had that b4.:'(

Mirinee
30-01-2006, 01:41 AM
Wow, how did you do that 52 damage? Your
HP Attack > FL Attack > FL Attack > Beat does indeed give
18+1+1+5=25 damage, and he uses wall, so 22 damage... am I missing something?

A funny thing I've heard of in the US version (I'm not sure if this is fixed in the UK version): There's this Shifta or Shifta Merge glitch on Relmitos in which you can get his AP (or swapped to TP) to go really really high. You just time it so that when it's returning back down again, it's swapped to TP and doesn't drop. Then you equip/use another Shifta on him and it just keeps going up! Unfortuately, I have been unable to test this because I haven't found the Shifta cards :$, but I know that if you equip a Summit Moon on him at the wrong time, it can mess up his stats a bit. :alien:

Forge
01-02-2006, 09:14 PM
FL Attack also grants Aerial Attack and Aerial Assassin, each which multiply damage by 1.5.

whiteninja
02-02-2006, 05:01 AM
Yet, if you have a Sinow Zele, you cannot use two FL Attk cards, because then it tries to use Aerial Assassin both times, and it does not stack... Though that is remedied by using a MC Attk to substitute one.

I always liked that Split Boost card... 1.5x a dice roll, using 1 as the minimum, and the current max (including Dice+) as the maximum roll... plus, it would get increased by the FL Attks... So, even rolling a 2 would be more effective than Beat. (What is that card? I do not think I have it.)

Mirinee
24-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Ah, now that does total up to 52 damage. Amazing. And I cheer like anything whenever I do 15+ damage. :P

I like Split Boost too (I'm sure it's a mistranslation of Spirit Boost)! It's really strong, especially on fixed range.

The Beat card is one of those Unlockable cards. You can only get it if you have a Sonic Heroes savegame on the mem card. I don't have this game and neither do any of my friends, and I'm too lazy to go buy it... I like its card art :cool:.

Forge
27-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Beat is a very nice card. Especially if it's an early attack, when you've not got any experience yet.

Split Boost is good, but it doesn't get boosted by a lot of things so I avoid it. It is, however, devastating with four Dice+1s on the board...