PDA

View Full Version : I'm A Cheater

tkhbecker
11-11-2005, 03:44 AM
I have cheated on almost every game Ive ever owned. From my very first NES GameGenie up to Action Replays & Gamesharks of today.

I loose enjoyment in most games when I cant get past certain "easy" levels or characters. So I Cheat, weather it be by a cheat device or just going online and looking at other peoples strat guides.

I'm really tiffed that I have GC PSO and during a freak power outage I lost 88+ hours of work on just one of my character. And right now I dont have the patients to replay him thru Ultimate in both episodes again...so I bought PSO for the XB and an Action Replay hoping to help me out easier. But atlas it doesn't do what I want to do.

So what should I do? Do I replay 88+ hours on GC or just stay with my XB? I want to do legit but with the area Im at during winter months we get heavy freezes and power outages and I dont want to spend so much time and get zapped again?

What do I do?

NetNomad
11-11-2005, 04:41 AM
Well I will personally say this: I don't believe that recovering ANYTHING lost to FSOD or corruption through AR is illegit. You most definitely didn't ask for this to happen to you.

What I don't understand is this: your sig says you play BB, you say in your post you played GC... but when your GC chars got corrupted you played Xbox? Which is it?

What I would do is one of two things:
1. Use an AR for Gamecube to restore yourself to the level you lost, or else get online and find an illegit to "battle level" you back... or
2. Just have fun raising your chars again. Level 88 really isn't too much work and it can be reached without too much difficulty in a couple of days. That's what I chose to do when I lost my first four characters at 131, 118, 100, and 91. All of them are past their original levels now.

It's up to you really. Just don't ask for or post any AR codes here, this isn't a cheating forum (this board exists to discuss your opinions on it, not to say how to do it).

Legato2471
11-11-2005, 09:10 AM
I could PM you codes and stuff, just send me one first with what you want.

UK Jester
11-11-2005, 12:10 PM
I know that on the Gamecube PSO some people have used a Battle Levelling cheat. I'm pretty sure if I lost one of my high level characters I'd probably replace the levels through that method.

As far as lost items etc. There are so many duped items floating around now that it wouldn't take long to replace your lost rares. I lost my S Rank Twin to FSOD but my son was able to get a duped replacement within a couple of days from his list of "interesting" friends!

Regards

UK Jester

Legato2471
11-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Yeah. Do BA 6 with either a proxy user or a person with the "USE TP ANYWHERE" code. Have them kill you over and over then send you to the lobby. Then Disconnect from the server and you'll keep your level.

Azekiel
11-11-2005, 05:26 PM
well, all the above suggestions are great ones, and obviouslly the only ones, either cheating or lvling back up again, but 88 hoursa...ouch...
if you PM i can give you a link to a friends site with a few codes to get you lvled back and with all your weapons that you lost, as well as few little added bonuses...

Az
---

K_I_R_E_E_K
11-11-2005, 06:53 PM
as well as few little added bonuses.
why stop there, lvl up to 200, make lots of rares and if you lost the game.................well.................do the cheats again.
i am also like you (cheats on games is an objective on mine)

Sheik
11-11-2005, 07:55 PM
When I'd lost characters I just started fresh again. I did my fair share of "backups" on Gamecube and I'm quite ashamed that I had so many unlegit weapons (that I never gave away mind you). I went to Blue Burst as my 100% legit rebirth on PSO.

88 hours is not much to lose, I've got 310 hours on my lvl 125 FOmar.

NetNomad
11-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Backups aren't really illegit, Sheik, unless you used them for something other than FSOD recovery. Yeah, you did use a few unlegit things, but you could've stopped it. It's not like you did anything permenant that you couldn't have stopped. :ermm:

tkhbecker
16-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Well 88 hours is a lot to have lost since most of it was done over a year peiod while servering in the military and instead of spending the down time with my wife and kids I spent it on GC.
Thats a week time where I couldve spent quality time with them instead of GC. But thats in the past and now Ive hooked my son on PSO.

masterofchaos
17-11-2005, 12:18 AM
Its tough to get back that high trust me I deleted all my chars like my level 200. Its worth to do it legit cause you might get bored using cheats, legit all the way man.

colohue
18-11-2005, 10:24 AM
If cheating is the point of playing then there's just no point, everything will become so simple what's the point in playing.

If you cheat on Halo to complete Legendary, you might as well play on Easy because you'll never find it challenging.

Isn't a challenge the point of games?

Personally I'm never sure about "back-up weapons." Duping is duping, but backup is protection against w*nk*rs. However, there is no excuse on Blue Burst because you don't need that protection yet.

If you lost 88 hours then I would advise taking the oppurtunity to change character class, experience a new one maybe. It might suit you better.

K_I_R_E_E_K
18-11-2005, 01:07 PM
not necesarily
in the genesis games, (sonic) i use cheats to understand better the game, every "not possible" thing becomes possible with some cheats...
a good example is my sig..
a box with a S inside only exist with debug mode, you can make the game go crazy (for example make knux fith the 3rd boss with tails helping) , these bugs are meant to show were the game has fails.
pso is the same thing, but this is the kind of game that can be afected by cheats
resuming some cheats are meant to be discovered.

Serpent7
18-11-2005, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=colohue]If cheating is the point of playing then there's just no point, everything will become so simple what's the point in playing.-[QUOTE]

What about Hybrid hacker challenges? Lol, just picking on little points. ><

K_I_R_E_E_K
18-11-2005, 01:37 PM
[What about Hybrid hacker challenges? Lol, just picking on little points. ><
can you explain?

Twin Dante
21-11-2005, 09:01 PM
when i first went online with my new char she corrupted so i thought eh only lv 24. But on other memory card had a lv 52 that couldnt go online cause step dads hunters license was on the mc. Got to lv 67 and i got corrupted all that in 2 weeks so i became ill legit. I had every speacial in the game even a saber plus 99 with 127%. Got bored so ive made a fresh start i still hang round with my mates but wouldnt accept a monomate from them.if i got corrupted now i think id corrupt whoever corrupted me. But i wouldnt corrupt nobody first never did never will

Legato2471
22-11-2005, 05:59 AM
not necesarily
in the genesis games, (sonic) i use cheats to understand better the game, every "not possible" thing becomes possible with some cheats...
a good example is my sig..
a box with a S inside only exist with debug mode, you can make the game go crazy (for example make knux fith the 3rd boss with tails helping) , these bugs are meant to show were the game has fails.
pso is the same thing, but this is the kind of game that can be afected by cheats
resuming some cheats are meant to be discovered.

Unless you wrote the codes you use, or actually understand why the code does what it does, then you cheat simply for amusement.

Serpent7
22-11-2005, 08:39 AM
When learning how to hack, there are quite often small challenges given to you in a controlled environment, Kireek.

Twin Dante
22-11-2005, 02:44 PM
its a game cheat if u want or just play it like sum people think every1 should be legit sum people think every1 should hack. If enyone asked me id say idgaf just get on with it lol im legit so if i corrupt recreate all the items and ba lv.Nothing wrong with that right.

K_I_R_E_E_K
22-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Unless you wrote the codes you use, or actually understand why the code does what it does, then you cheat simply for amusement.
yes i cheat for amusent, i have more then 60 images like my sig (hacked)
some games have secrets that only by cheating they become avaiable.
let's pick a game.......age of mythology.....there is a god power that makes chickens fall out of the sky.....this is a funny cheat.
i do not cheat on pso but on the other games......
everyone has the right to choose beetween cheating and non cheating.

Twin Dante
22-11-2005, 10:23 PM
if u hack thats your buisness i know how to dupe stack fsod but i only do it four backup or self defence if u know what i mean.

dnd
22-11-2005, 10:32 PM
good for you;)

Phantom_RAcast
22-11-2005, 11:31 PM
If cheating is the point of playing then there's just no point, everything will become so simple what's the point in playing.I'd just like to point out..
1. PSO is easy regardless if you're using cheats or not
2. They can still go through the levels.

Twin Dante
23-11-2005, 01:29 PM
true true but when your using a lv 1308 mag god battle god power ** god ability ** god arm** and a hucast with techs and a black king bar 127% on everthing multi equipping 15 weps with 127% duping mats grants lv infinte infinte health.

That takes the fun outta it i mean ive seen it it does like 99999 damage or sumin like that

Forcemaster
03-01-2006, 03:01 AM
If I lost all my chars to corruption or other malidies, i would see it as a fresh start. I would probally make new chars and get weapons from my friends to help

All in all i would prefer to avoid the whole ordeal

Infinite8
03-01-2006, 03:28 AM
I would suggest that you just start anew, it's easy enough to get items and weapons and such back, and with some help from friends, it makes it even easier..
I say go Legit no matter what as usual.
Besides, isn't a game supposed to be fun? If it was fun enough to play 88 hours, I'm sure it'll be fun enough to get back up there again.
But, most importantly, do what you want and feel is right...

Anti Hacker
05-01-2006, 12:59 PM
I think that using an AR for recovery is fine, as long as you really do restore yourself to level 88 and not to 95 or something.

I find hacking and cheating to be a little pointless on RPGs because the enjoyment you get from them is in reaching new levels and finding new things. If you start at the top with all you want, well, buy a new game because you've just completed that one in about ten seconds and probably had little enjoyment.

However, on other games cheating can be extremely comical. I always make a point to complete a game, before cheating, however.

On Sonic 3&Knuckles I used debug to stage a hyper sonic vs hyper metal sonic battle, that was pretty cool.

And, then there was the time on the original red alert where I edited the game ini file so that basic troops cost 0 were built in 0 seconds and could be unlimited on the field. I built nothing but light troopers and smothered an army of russian tanks XD
sure there was a lot of blood everywhere, but it was just funny to watch.

But, as far as RPGs go, I think I'll stay legit. I haven't cheated so far and the games are still fun, so I probably never will cheat (and I definately won't hack :cool:).

micky84
06-01-2006, 03:52 AM
rofl so funny

Infinite8
07-01-2006, 03:22 AM
rofl so funny

hrmm... I could say the same about your post..! :P

Just playin'
Welcome newcomer! ^_^

MarioVet
07-01-2006, 03:38 AM
cool. now just keep the cheating to yourself on offline so we dont have a another npc running around with a guld milla.

Anti Hacker
07-01-2006, 11:33 AM
cool. now just keep the cheating to yourself on offline so we dont have a another npc running around with a guld milla.

Yeah, I wouldn't cheat on an RPG on or offline but if not because like me you just don't want to cheat, then think of all the other players who prefer to play legitly online and look at the contract of which you signed up to when registering to play online. It is actually a breach of the contract to cheat online!