PDA

View Full Version : 'Soul of a Blacksmith' Questions

Double Edge
08-10-2005, 12:50 AM
Due to the occasional SoaB thread we have coming in, duplicating other threads, I've decided to create a questions thread instead of all the other threads being made. If you have a question about this quest, ask it, and you will likely get your answer fairly quickly. This will be the official thread for asking questions about this quest and getting the answers for them. Also, please ask your question(s) clearly to yield the best answer.

Once you have received your answer(s), I will ask you to place the Q&A into this format for other users' quick use (no searching all around thread for the question they are wanting to ask):

Q: Question asked here.

A: Answer to question here.

This will require the user to edit their posts to change it to this (^) type format, but that's not hard at all. Simply hit the 'Edit' button on the respective post.

I hope this will be helpful, and thank you all. Remember this is for all of your benefit. :happy:

MODERATOR/ADMIN NOTE: If any other 'Soul of a Blacksmith' type threads are created, please delete/close them and redirect the user to this one. Thanks.

Truly,
Double Edge

day
13-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Which is better: Suppresed gun
God hand or technical crozier (which is more worth it) all answers are greatly recieved:)

jarl
13-10-2005, 09:49 PM
god hand by far

reasons:
god hand is a very uncommon item normally. getting it from this seems like a good idea, because it is easier and it is also more liekyl to get hit%. (3 out of 4 SoB weapons have had gd hit for me).
technical crozier sucks for the wrk you do. i mean, barta lvl 4? w00t....
suppressed gun looks very cool, but when it comes down to it isnt actually that powerful, unlike god hand which has large amounts of power, and also the boost to everything (esp. luck) is very useful.

in short, god hand pwns.

Forge
14-10-2005, 08:50 AM
Plus, Suppressed Gun is very common in Ep2 - a Hard, Bluefull, Love Rappy drops it...

DARKMATTER
07-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Yep stick with god hand :P. Did SoaB quest for my FOmar on ultimate like a few days ago, and decided to get technical, man does it suck lol.

Double Edge
08-12-2005, 02:59 AM
Yeah, God Hand in all likelihood. I accepted the Suppressed Gun because OMGZ TI LOOKS SO KEWL!

Anti Hacker
22-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Yeah, God Hand in all likelihood. I accepted the Suppressed Gun because OMGZ TI LOOKS SO KEWL!

Same, I love that sound... :D

K_I_R_E_E_K
23-12-2005, 12:37 PM
simple question can i have this mission on dc ver.2?
can someone give me a detailed faq about wow to get this mission.
i have all the missions unlocked in ver.2.

jarl
23-12-2005, 10:52 PM
if you have them all unlocked and dont have it then you can't get it. isnt ver 2 just ep.2?

Forge
24-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Ver2 can get it downloaded, I think.

Ver2 has only got Ep1, and is the DC version.

Ep1&2 contains all available download quests from Ver2, if I remember correctly. Soul of Steel is another one of these.

So Kireek, if you can get online, and it still works...

K_I_R_E_E_K
25-12-2005, 02:18 PM
i know i can.
i even belong to a portuguese comunity (dreamcasters)
if you are telling me that by downloading the mission from the internet i can get the god hand, then i will do every possible way.

Master_of_Wude
08-03-2006, 09:43 AM
Ive got some Questions about the Quest itself.

1. How do I obtain one of these 3 Items in that Quest ? (I did the Quest several times and never noticed that this is possible)

2. Ive got the GC EP2 Game and dont have I-net for it, can I get these Items anyway ?

3. Im new in this fore and a Veteran DC Player of distant days ^^ (lpus im German ;) )

colohue
08-03-2006, 11:51 AM
You have to go all the way to Caves 3 and get the final whatchamacallit instead of stopping earlier. If you get the last one then you get a choice of weaponry, if not then you just do the quest.

Master_of_Wude
08-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Well... I thought there was something else ^^

Can you repeat that Quest over and over to receive endless God Arms ??

TheUnnamedOne
08-03-2006, 12:07 PM
You have to go all the way to Caves 3 and get the final whatchamacallit instead of stopping earlier. If you get the last one then you get a choice of weaponry, if not then you just do the quest.

"blue mineral"

Master_of_Wude
08-03-2006, 12:09 PM
No other things which are necessary ? Like only on Very Hard or But dont pick up the other Materials !! ? + The Question of my previous post ^^

tj67
08-03-2006, 04:42 PM
you can only get the special weapons on ultimate and you'll choose the weapon type. And after you have beaten every single quest then you can do soul of a blacksmith as many times you want to get the weapons.

Master_of_Wude
08-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Thanks dude ^^ I really appreciate that Info xD

Damn... I still have a long way to go (HUcast lvl 59) to geth that weapon ...

jarl
08-03-2006, 06:04 PM
after you have beaten every single quest then you can do soul of a blacksmith as many times you want to get the weapons.
no you cant

Master_of_Wude
09-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Yes its better that way ! If that would be, the game would be far too easy.

tj67
10-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Sorry about that. Someone told me that a long time ago, but I figured out last night that you can only get one wep. per char.

Forge
10-03-2006, 10:40 PM
The game flicks the flag as soon as you receive the item - I even tried to complete the quest, get the item and quit so that I still had the quest open (and uncompleted) but, alas, I couldn't get another weapon from it. Shame.

nomercy
11-03-2006, 12:42 PM
What happens if you complete the quest and try it again?

jarl
11-03-2006, 01:33 PM
exactly the same, but you get heat sword+6 (or whatever) instead of god hand

Master_of_Wude
14-03-2006, 09:30 AM
If u have the blue mineral. What are ur choices ? Can u see what u get or do u ahve to say: "Im a Ranger, I like Ranged Weapon". When it is that way, I would appreciate a post that shows, what Item u geht by what sentence ;)

jarl
14-03-2006, 06:32 PM
go into cave 3 and get the mineral, if you say ranger wep you get suppressed gun, if you say hunter wep you get god hand and if you say force wep you get something crap that shoots free lvl 4 barta >.<

if you dont get the cave 3 mineral, you get completely random weapons that are based on what class you ask for.

Master_of_Wude
14-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Woah ! Okay :D Thx Dude ! ^^

I think i have to train my ata of my HUcast (mag stats are dex 40). But I dont have God/Arm argh ! Its hard for me to reach caves 3 with my lvl 71 HUcast :'(

SARGE
29-03-2006, 05:52 AM
Erm... So do you have to be on ULT to get the rare items...?

colohue
29-03-2006, 09:01 AM
only the good ones, if you're not on ULT you don't really need them.

jarl
29-03-2006, 05:53 PM
if your not on ut you'll get 'heat sword+5' and 'freeze autogun+2' kinda thing. not really worth going to C3...

Menik
30-03-2006, 12:07 AM
I did it wrong... I got a stupid Frost Blade ;_;

Is there really mineral in cave 3?

jarl
30-03-2006, 10:23 AM
yeah- theres a little circular room with loads of puple things on the walls, turn left as you walk in and its there

Menik
30-03-2006, 07:15 PM
The ironic thing about me missing the mineral is I only had 1 room that wasn't uncovered...

Kizo
01-04-2006, 11:01 AM
I recall beating every last room in Caves 3 and double checking each room with no luck of finding the mineral. WTF?

jarl
01-04-2006, 01:47 PM
its quite a hard place, and you have to walk right up to it.

SARGE
01-04-2006, 08:12 PM
yeah- theres a little circular room with loads of puple things on the walls, turn left as you walk in and its there
Perhaps you could try to give us a more accurate description of the location...?

nomercy
28-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Its by one of the falling pillar traps.You can either go straight ahead,or into a small room.The room has lots of crates in it,and a purple/blue(i don't remember) mineral on the wall.

jarl
28-06-2006, 10:20 PM
and there's a switch in the middle of the room.

Shadamoo
24-07-2006, 08:54 PM
I seem to remember having problems with the last material because no matter how hard I tried I just couldnt get it to go into my inventory! :P

I kept on and on walking into the wall and couldnt get it for some reason. And no, I hadnt got the other 2 materials from earlier in the caves.

I managed after a few minutes hard walking into those walls :P

The God Hand was worth it :D

K_I_R_E_E_K
25-07-2006, 10:29 AM
I did it wrong... I got a stupid Frost Blade ;_;

Is there really mineral in cave 3?
perhaps you did the quest on another difficulty besides ultimate, only on ultimate at the circular room witha switch you gain a blue mineral wich can be converted to a god hand....
in order to obtain the god hand i had to do the quest in japanese (this is only necessary to dreamcast PSO Ver.2, other versions the english quest already has the god hand)

dudemanozzy
29-08-2007, 05:25 AM
the thing that caught me out when doing it was that the other minerals are actually glowing quest items, the 3rd mineral is just something that looks like scenery

Bmil
29-08-2007, 08:14 PM

its god hands and yes, u can do it over, there are 2 ways u can do it
1)Receive ur God Hand, DO NOT FINISH QUEST, quit game, do again
2)Do all the quests, then select SoaB, get your prize(verification needed)

Bmil
29-08-2007, 08:14 PM

its god hands and yes, u can do it over, there are 2 ways u can do it
1)Receive ur God Hand, DO NOT FINISH QUEST, quit game, do again
2)Do all the quests, then select SoaB, get your prize(verification needed)

pso king
06-11-2007, 12:51 AM
god hand by far

reasons:
god hand is a very uncommon item normally. getting it from this seems like a good idea, because it is easier and it is also more liekyl to get hit%. (3 out of 4 SoB weapons have had gd hit for me).
technical crozier sucks for the wrk you do. i mean, barta lvl 4? w00t....
suppressed gun looks very cool, but when it comes down to it isnt actually that powerful, unlike god hand which has large amounts of power, and also the boost to everything (esp. luck) is very useful.

in short, god hand pwns.

I must wholeheartedly disagree with you. my reason is that although the G hand (I don't say the word God unless i'm talking about him.) is good it is basically a saber. I think there is no point in getting a close range weapon that can only hit 3 times. I have a demolition comet that is much better. If you want a good weapon get the demolition comet or just about any good double saber. I think if you are a hunter that doesn't have much chance to get a special gun get the suppresed gun. If you are the redria section ID then you can get a demo comet from a mil lily. The G hand sounds good in theory but is terrible in practice.

K_I_R_E_E_K
06-11-2007, 12:56 AM
he's considering of all 3 weapons from the quest, the gun the cane and the god hand.

of all god hand seems what jarl picked up as favorite.

dnd
06-11-2007, 02:24 AM
when i done thw quest my G hand had 20% hit and 10% dark (mis-tekk ftl XD)

pso king
06-11-2007, 02:33 AM
he's considering of all 3 weapons from the quest, the gun the cane and the god hand.

of all god hand seems what jarl picked up as favorite.

okay sorry if I offended anyone I was just stating my opinion. also can you tell me how to get my rank up from lowly peon? a level 105 person should not be called a peon unless they're level 105 and they're still bad.

nomercy
06-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Post more.

Of all three weapons, the Oh My God Hand is the best for a Hunter. High attack power, etc. Plus, it boils down to personal preference. Suppressed Gun is quite good for a Hunter also. Technical Crozier, I don't know about.

K_I_R_E_E_K
06-11-2007, 07:08 PM
okay sorry if I offended anyone I was just stating my opinion. also can you tell me how to get my rank up from lowly peon? a level 105 person should not be called a peon unless they're level 105 and they're still bad.
no problem, opinios anyone can give, feel free to post yours...:)
maybe the reason also god hand is thebest to pick is because the other 2 are more common to find in normal gameplay.....

the more you post the higher the rank......

pso king
06-11-2007, 10:29 PM
okay thanks.:)

dnd
07-11-2007, 12:07 AM
the more you post the higher the rank......

But make sure there is no spam ;p

And yes, the best wep to pick from these quest would be god hand if drop rates where to govern it.

pso king
17-11-2007, 07:30 PM
it really depends on whetheryou play online or offline. if you ever play online then you want the G hand seeing as it can trade for quite a few photn drops with which you can get a better weapon. demolition comet for instance. or even better if you can and photon drops are no object then you can get the double cannon which is the best double saber in the entire game. However if you are offline then I think you should get suppressed gun. if you don't want either I suggest not even doing the quest. the only problem with the suppressed gun is it's a pretty common weapon. I think everbody here knows what the problem with technical crozier is. It sucks worse than "Barney" However I am only considering hunters when I write this. rangers shouldn't even do this quest if they have any chance whatsoever to get the red handgun or if you're a whitill then the guld milla (remember though. it's a 1/28,000 some drop rate for both handgun guld and handgun milla). as for forces. if you want a good wand you're most likely out of luck. there are very few in the game and the few that there are are almost impossible to obtain. I think forces rock though. However I prefer hunters

K_I_R_E_E_K
17-11-2007, 09:10 PM
it really depends on whetheryou play online or offline. if you ever play online then you want the G hand seeing as it can trade for quite a few photn drops with which you can get a better weapon. demolition comet for instance. or even better if you can and photon drops are no object then you can get the double cannon which is the best double saber in the entire game. However if you are offline then I think you should get suppressed gun. if you don't want either I suggest not even doing the quest. the only problem with the suppressed gun is it's a pretty common weapon. I think everbody here knows what the problem with technical crozier is. It sucks worse than "Barney" However I am only considering hunters when I write this. rangers shouldn't even do this quest if they have any chance whatsoever to get the red handgun or if you're a whitill then the guld milla (remember though. it's a 1/28,000 some drop rate for both handgun guld and handgun milla). as for forces. if you want a good wand you're most likely out of luck. there are very few in the game and the few that there are are almost impossible to obtain. I think forces rock though. However I prefer hunters
god hand in my version is always the best options since the other 2 are fidable items and the god hand has an insane drop rate.
btw, black king bar > double cannon
the spressed gun may be a good option, that is offcourse if any of your chars can use it lol

pso king
17-11-2007, 10:15 PM
god hand in my version is always the best options since the other 2 are fidable itmes and the god hand has an insane drop rate.
btw, black king bar > double cannon
the spressed gun may be a good option, that is offcourse if any of your chars can use it lol
that's the thing in YOUR version. In my version it so bad I wouldn't consider using it unless my life depended on it and I personally and the drop rate isn't relevant unless i'm trying to find the weapon or unless i was going online which isn't going to happen seeing as there is no free server for x-boxes and i'm not paying to play online if I can't even get the red ring or pgf.

Bmil
17-11-2007, 11:03 PM
see, for me, the best choice is definately the God Hand
Supressed gun, common
tech cro, common, not that great
god hand, decent drop, not easy but no hard to find, funny for battle mode =3

drackmore
10-09-2008, 10:35 PM
What happens if you complete the quest and try it again?

storm slicer and it doesn't sucks not all that bad in fact